• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Can Cause Tonsilitis, Strep Throat, etc?

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hello everyone a couple weeks ago I drank a full bottle of CVS Tussin Long Acting, putting 354mg into my system. Straight after chugging it I noticed I developed a very bad sore throat, which went away during the trip but came back the next day. My sore throat was way worse now. After I started to develop mucus problems, severe migranes, body soreness, a terrible cough, hard time breathing in fully, and severe wheezing, probably some loss of appetite too.

Luckily for me it ended in about a week and a half, but some symptoms still showed, but nothing major that would effect me from doing anything. But then the sickness came back with a fever of 102, terrible body soreness, and probably a worse sore throat, also the worst migranes I've ever had which lead me to shake and have severe body chills.

In the past before this experience DXM would usually give me a sore throat right after chugging but would not persist to the next days. I was not around any sick people at the time too, but did happen to be with a friend who had the stomach flu, but I have no stomach problems.

I have seen a couple other posts regarding DXM and Tonsilitis, but nothing much was answered. Perhaps DXM weakens your immune system a lot temporarily? Perhaps it was something in the cough syrup rather than DXM itself?

Some answers would be appreciated, I am going to the doctors tomorrow, should I bring up my DXM use?

It sounds like you were sick, then started tripping. After time it got worse, you probably connected dxm use and the sickness cause you were tripping. Since you're going to the doctor it probably wouldn't be a bad idea just to mention it. Did you use DXM only?