• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM + Bupropion + various) (2 reports) - Decently experienced - The depths of DXM

Nervewing

Bluelighter
These some older reports I've dug up for the interest of anyone who may want to try DXM while prescribed Bupropion (Wellbutrin). They're short and sweet due to the amnesia... I will have two of my reports of this combination in addition to a delirant and psychedelic in the near future, don't want to post too much at once.

(Report 1: DXM + Bupropion)
Weight: 135 lbs
Dose: 200 mg DXM, 450 mg Bupropion
Setting: My friend's house

Take 200 mg of DXM at a party, it is mixed into a bottle of ginger ale. The drink is bitter and gives me chills. It is pretty nasty, but definitely bearable and about as drinkable as hard alcohol. For about an hour I am coming up, I am feeling definite dissociation and a general spaciness. Around the comeup, my memory begins to blank and fall away. Everything feels very distant, it is like everything that is more than 5 feet away has just been swirled and blurred into abyssal nonsense. I think I am visibly intoxicated, moreso than anyone else there. One of the people who lives at the house offers me to chill out in her room, probably because I was talking about the visions I got from closing my eyes. Also my eyes had turned deep deep blood red, more than anyone gets from being stoned, it probably looked very off. These visions included:
A procession of strange geometric alien figures, marching on a bridge between two mountains. They are strange solid pastel colors. Some have eyes or discernable features, but they all have strong right angles and straight lines, as if they have been molded or produced. I am merely a witness to these visions, I do not interact with them. I am a stationary camera watching them from afar.
A huge detailed ship crawls across my vision. It feels like a spaceship, because its just kinda floating in empty abyss, but there is definitely an open deck on top, which would make no sense in space. There are canopied spaces and all variety of boxes and clutter on the deck. It is very washed out and dark and gloomy seeming, the entire vision is washed out.
I end up in the basement of the house somehow. I don't remember much of what I was doing down here until people came down to visit me. I felt like I had been trying to fall into a trance, to tap back into that deeper world, but I was coming down. I lamented that the universe of dextromethorphan had now closed its gates to me. One vision towards the end that I recall was a landscape with dead trees. I don?€™t remember too much of this one, other than a blue glow on the horizon.

The next morning I feel very spacey and dissociated. This feeling lasts all day, it is like I was just high and slightly dissociated when I woke up. This doesn?€™t wear off until I have been awake for about 12 hours.

(Report 2: DXM + DPH + Bupropion + Gabapentin)
Weight: 135 lbs
Dosage: 120 mg DXM, 600 mg Bupropion, 150 mg DPH, 3 g Gabapentin
Setting: My apartment

I had a little bit of DXM left, and didn?€™t feel like going all the way to the store for more. I wondered how I could make it go a long way. I had been reading earlier about the action of CYPD2D6 inhibitors and the effects they can have on DXM. I happened to be prescribed one of the most potent ones. I was already taking 450 mg a day. I figured throwing another 150 mg on would make for an interesting interaction. I decided to add some DPH to the mix too, both for its deliriant properties and because it too is an inhibitor. Because bupropion lowers a person?€™s seizure threshold I decided to take a ton of gabapentin too (I am prescribed 300 mg 3x a day).
I don?€™t remember the comeup much, but I was cast into the familiar state of everything seeming distant and metallic. Everything seemed to have rippling outlines, with tiny thin hairs sticking out of these auras. It was like everything had a hairy aura I guess. I began to feel like I had company, it was that feeling of the objects around me being people, seeing something from the corner of my eye triggered a strong feeling of sharing the space with another presence. I was alone for this entire experience.
I went outside to sit in my backyard and smoke, It was a nice dusk and the sunset was serene and pleasant. While lying back there, I got a very vivid hallucination-A black cloud, looking like a really thick puff of smoke, crawled across the sky like an amoeba with pseudopods. It appeared to be 15 feet off the ground or so. It reached powerlines, at which point it bent and altered its ?€œlimbs?€ to crawl over them. It the flashed out of existence. This was wild, the powerlines looked hairy and everything still had that aura. These hallucinations were unlike anything from psychedelics, they were not patterns or alterations, but just total hallucinations. I spent the next hour and a half relaxing back there, and the entire experience is a strange hallcucinatory circus. The entire time, it feels like I am hanging out with my friends back there like I have been pretty often at night the past few weeks, they are communicating and interacting with me and each other. They are hanging around, smoking, passing around a piece and joking and being warm presences. Of course in reality, I am completely alone. These people barely even manifest visually- They only appear in the corners of my eyes, and when focused on they vanish. They are faceless, featureless, grey and ethereal. They are loosely based off of real people I know, they are sentient silhouettes, ghosts if you will. Sometimes they are standing, looming, walking around, and we both feel like we notice one another. But once again, no one there, absolutely nobody.
The next day, I am still pretty dissociated when I wake up. I feel kinda numb and just very altered. Dex walk is still apparent. Upon smoking, I am blasted right back into the dexosphere. I no longer have the hallucinations of other presences. Rather, I am stricken with debilitating dissociation and super clear and vivid closed eye visuals. This time, I am floating above detailed landscapes, with rivers, rolling hills, and completely desolate terrain, devoid even of plant life. Other hallucinations include the typical zooming through a tunnel or between pillars.
The next day I wake up in the early afternoon still feeling pretty dissociated, like the syrup has stuck to my insides and now refuses to be extricated. I go through the day in a dizzy haze, still robowalking and still feeling uncoordinated and numb. When i smoke weed, it feels like I am in the depths of the DXM experience again. My sense of proprioception collapses inwards as my body begins to go numb. I am couchlocked and stricken with the most vivid closed eyed visuals of maps, landscapes, trees and buildings, all tinted grey and maroon and swirling with an alien sickness. I feel a restless itchiness in my joints and extremities. I keep smoking and it keeps me feeling dissociated throughout the day. This feeling only begins to fade around nightfall.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_bupropion
substancecode_antidepressants
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_diphenhydramine
substancecode_deliriants
substancecode_gabapentin
substancecode_gabapentinoids
_combo_
explevel_experienced