View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

(DXM) Blacking out EVERY TIME??

WeedDxm

Bluelighter
I am a pretty experienced DXM user, with almost 100 trips under my belt in a span of 18 months. I used 2-3 times every week for a year, then for the last 6 months I have only used about 10 times, due to my tolerance. My doses are always between 700mg-900mg.

Lately I have really been disappointed with this drug. The last 5 times I have blacked out every single time. The blackouts occur about 2 hours after dosing, when I lay down in the dark to enter the dextroverse. I will usually black out for 3 to 5 hours. When I wake up from the blackout, I'm still high but it's like I missed out on the peak so it's pointless to try to trip again.. So I usually just get on my computer or something.

When I was relatively new to DXM (first 50 trips), I would blackout occasionally, but it usually only happened on about 1 out of every 5 trips.

Does anyone else blackout this much on DXM? Is it just because of my tolerance? Any ways to reduce blackouts?

Just wanted to add.. last time I used I did 900mg, and blackedout like usual. When I woke up though I had some really vivid CEV's. This is kind of unusual for me, because usually I only get OEV's. They were weird though, I closed my eyes and looked like I was looking at the bottom of a river or creek. I could see fish swimming around. Then I saw a bunch of bright yellow cubes on a grid forming. I've never CEV's like this before, it was really cool. I saw other stuff too but those two are the only ones I can remember.. ;/ I just remember thinking that the CEV's were so vivid that it was cinema quality.

I've blacked out from high dose DXM on multiple occasions.

Far in the past I blacked out only once when I tried to used <900 mg of DXM (my usual dose was <600 mg).

I am using "<" sign because in my country there were no drugs with DXM as only one active ingredient so I was forced to learn how to do acid-base extraction. And I am sure I wasn't really good at it so I wasted some DXM and there could be not 900/600 mg but rather 750/500 or even less (but maybe no and I did all perfectly, who knows?)

It's necessary to add that at <900 mg I tripped at night after a long day with some walk around the town. And "blacking out" happened at 6-7 AM so maybe it was because I really physically exhausted. Ah, btw, I divided my dosage in three equal parts and did every two hours because I read that it could potentate overall trip and make me reach sigma-plateau. And yes, I wasn't disappointed but can advise it because I didn't remember much because the trip was like in the 2009-2010. And soon I finished with DXM and never returned to it (but now I am planning to though) because started to use more "clean" chemicals like RCs (2c-e, doi, mxe, etc), I really doubted in my skill of doing acid-base extraction.

I would imagine you've ate a large hole out of your brain from doing way to much way to frequently.

Do you drink the cough syrup, or take the actual DXM in powder form in gelcaps?

If you drink cough syrup and are blacking out you are probably an alcoholic as lots of cough syrups that contain DXM also contain alcohol, and you'd be taking large amounts of both drugs if you drink syrup.

If you take the DXM powder in gelcaps then you're taking way too much.

Do you drink the cough syrup, or take the actual DXM in powder form in gelcaps?

If you drink cough syrup and are blacking out you are probably an alcoholic as lots of cough syrups that contain DXM also contain alcohol, and you'd be taking large amounts of both drugs if you drink syrup.

If you take the DXM powder in gelcaps then you're taking way too much.

I take the Robitussin Gel-Caps

I would imagine you've ate a large hole out of your brain from doing way to much way to frequently.

I definately have. I have noticed that my critical thinking abilities have decreased and my brain is always just 'foggy'.. And my memory has definately decreased alot..

I definately have. I have noticed that my critical thinking abilities have decreased and my brain is always just 'foggy'.. And my memory has definately decreased alot..

At least you can admit that. Maybe you should think about not doing DXM anymore man.. imo, DXM is a drug teens use when theyre younger and cant get anything else. Find it in their cabinet or what not. Don't get me wrong, I know there are people who thoroughly enjoy robo-tripping, but compared to a lot of other compounds out there, it ranks extremely low. It's like the lame less fun version of ketamine. Also, using any drug 100+ times is going to affect your brain in some way, not 'negatively' per se but there will be a change. I gave myself epilepsy from abusing DXM while on zoloft.

Be careful friend, DXM is not a drug to be trifled with.

I've tripped perhaps 40 times in the last 20 years and I've never blacked out. However, I have noticed memory loss of the peak a few times as well as a few other times where the room was almost *too* dark and I couldn't tell if my eyes were open or closed (same visuals either/or) - VERY confusing lol.

Edit: I was always careful and never tripped too often, and I've never done above 708mgs. (2 bottles of 15mg/mL), perfectly happy with anything from 708mg alone to 354mg. (1 bottle 15mg/mL) + weed . Perhaps this is why? Damned if I know, DXM is a weird mistress fer sure.

Last edited: