View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM before LSD

Flying_Chippmunk

Greenlighter
Would taking a low dose (150mg) of DXM tonight affect an LSD trip (150ugs+\-) Friday afternoon? From a chemical standpoint, as I know they both have to do with serotonin. If such a low dose of DXM would dull my trip, I'll just skip the DXM.

iv taken lsd and 500mg of dxm in a 4 hour span of each other and I can say it was one of the best trips I ever had, I have been on many combinations of drugs and lsd and dxm are a good mix, just be aware of how your body feels and drink plenty of water and you should be fine. I do not suggest taking as much dxm as I did with acid though. and with that long of a span you should be fine with doing both also its a low dose of dxm.

Avoid taking large doses of both, as severe confusion is likely to set in along with a greatly increased propensity for delusional thinking (especially delusions of grandeur and persecution, as well as ideas of reference). Those are two places you don't want to be visiting at the same time -- the risk of psychosis may be high in the inexperienced. Also be aware that cannabis strongly potentiates both DXM and LSD, so if you do intend to smoke, it's recommended to wait until the peaks of both drugs have passed and to carefully moderate your intake. Other than that, I have survived large-ish combinations of the two (say 800mg DXM + four strong blotter of LSD, with some tolerance to both). These experiences are not for the faint of heart, and a trip sitter is strongly recommended; higher doses in combination may present acute undesirable side effects.

I always preferred to dose the DXM after the LSD. That way, you get to experience the peak of the LSD and later supplement it with the DXM. Taking a recreational dose of DXM beforehand is likely to "taint" some of the core psychedelic experience of LSD with the stoning dissociation of DXM. YMMV; ask yourself if you want a wonky LSD trip (unpleasant, in my experience) or an LSD trip that leads up to a psychedelic plateau of DXM dissociation (bizarre, but very rewarding in my experience).

Last edited:
I personally hate DXM but if it affects LSD anything like MXE does then it should be a blast.
Psychedelics and dissociatives synergize very nicely.