• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM and oral sex, deepthroat, and gag reflex

odovska

Greenlighter
I have used DXM several times up to 3rd plateau. I have puked my guts out more than once and my gag reflex was still there as I used it to vomit most of the times. I hate feeling nauseous so I usually try to force vomit before the nauseous feeling peaks.

I never heard of anyone talking about sex on DXM upper plateaus because obviously you cannot feel anything physical or move much, much less stimulate your own mind sexually. I have yet to try, but would lower doses of DXM work on increasing the threshold of the gag reflex stimulus as well? I know the mechanics of being anti tussive is because it increases the threshold level of neural impulse to your brain needed to cause the cough reflex.

My main question is:
Has anyone tried having oral sex on DXM? Could it be used to have the penis deeper in throat without any gag? Or does gag reflex have nothing to do with cough reflex?
I am male, and I expect other gay males as well as females that have practiced oral sex to understand what I am talking about. If you ever did while under DXM's effects, I would be glad to read about your experience.

PS: This is my first post, so if I committed any sin against the sacred rules of this religio... ops, forum, let me know (or move my post, whatever works):!:!:!:!:!.

I don't know but I'd be interested to hear.

Sex on dxm, for me, was strange and off putting. Just didn't feel right. Was difficult to keep focus and I mostly struggled to maintain enough interest to keep going. Physical sexual sensations were too numb/disassociated too.

If dxm can help with the gag reflex then stick with a low dose. I have my doubts though... I think the increased nausea will work against any possible decrease in gag reflex.

Odovska, judging by your little addendum to your original post, I'm probably not the person that you wanted to reply to your thread.

It's a shame really. Most folks don't care as much about the rules of the religion er, forum rather as you do. Don't get me wrong, I think that most folks certainly understand that keeping the Harm Reduction sub-forums of Bluelight geared toward actual Harm Reduction-oriented topics is/are an important set of rules indeed, however, most would not go so far as your level of piety in deeming them, as you said, sacred. Kudos to you sir or ma'am, however, only Mini-Kudos at this time, as, although you're beliefs and principles are certainly in the right place, your literal content has a way to travel.

It's always a good idea to familiarize yourself with the rules of the forum at-large as well as the numerous sub-forums before making posts. We don't prune the forums in such a Stasi-esque manner because we enjoy it, we do it because in order for the masses to be served with the most objectively useful information, delievered in the most timely manner possible, we can only allow content that actually fits within our parameters to be displayed on the all-important "first page" of any sub-forum. So if someone asks, "If I drink a pint of Vodka and then have sex, will I suffer from Erectile Dysfunction?", we can't really field that questions, because although it may be a very important factor in their life, the issue is not actually with their immediate health as it relates directly to their drug use. It's really more of a social issue, much like this one.

So, just in case it's no clear, if this question were posited along the lines of "I'm going to engage in Dextromethorphan use to determine the impact it has upon my oral sex skills, what might be a safe dose of DXM with which to experiment?" We'd hop right on that... no pun intended of course, as that would be utterly juevenile.

Case in point: This is something that you need to figure out for yourself. At any rate, we all have unique preferences and reactions to things that define us as people. To determine if this will work for you specifically, I would suggest A. trying it or B. digging deep with some research on the subject. It's an ethical matter that we need to keep the boards clear for people dealing with serious issues along the lines of drug poisoning/overdose, health complications arising from chronic drug use etc. This is more along the lines of "lighthearted and fun" than someone saying that their friend is turning blue and inquiring the best course of action to save their life. (Call 911, if that's not obvious).

Again though, I really appreciate your admiration for what we do here OP. There are a lot of folks who, for instance, try to lob vague insults at us as a community while in the very act of disobeying our rules. These same people; and you'll find this hard to believe, might actually sarcastically insult every member of the community and the philosophy they hold dear while actually beseeching those very same people for help with a completely personal issue. Do make sure you don't become one of these guys. We're a very welcoming community, but don't take kindly to being insulted for our values.

Can't really help with you question, but in the interest of safety you're not using triple C's (Coriciden hbp) for your DXM are you? I used to use those when I was 16 and before I found out how terribly dangerous they are, and found they were the only DXM product that gave me significant nausea.

Keif: Dang.. That is quite a lot you wrote.

Well, if we all had time to read research, we would not need a forum like this one. I do value rules and organization and I am quite far from being a douchebag that curses at all times.

Also, maybe I could figure it out by myself by trial, but the information is also good if shared in a digested form. Why would I not share or remind people of this side of DXM and have them share their experience? I know the forum's objective leans towards harm reduction. If someone was to tell me that I can hurt my throat without feeling it, then a the harm reduction would be achieved. Anal sex on DXM would be VERY dangerous in higher plateaus because of the lack of pain. No pain means you would not know when to ask for slower pace or even stop. Information does not hurt at all (and if in the wrong place, it could be relocated). I am not asking for any formula, supplier, or even what type of drug to use for oral sex. I know lidocaine exists and it is effective, but DXM has a euphoric drunk feeling without complete numbness at 1st plateau, so you can still enjoy tactile sensations.

Another point: I am not completely new to this forum. I have read quite a bit before making my account. I'm also a biology major, so I understand somewhat more than average about drugs and biochemistry in general. Finding research on pubmed or other library is VERY time consuming, even with EndNote.

One last point: people do not want to find out something is not good by vomiting. More so, vomiting on someone's genitalia. That might not be a serious harm, but it is a form of harm. Social, to say the least.

Nod Alot: I think if I had used Coricidin that much I'd be dead already. I got nausea from DXM only pills. Those red devils are not easy to handle. The nausea always comes before 3rd plateau, but never at lower. I have no nausea at all until the double vision is complete.

MDPV_Psychor: I mentioned lower plateaus. I know sex is pointless in 3rd or further plateau.

Last edited: