View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and clonidine

Renald

Bluelighter
I have still never tried more than 150-180 mg DXM at once and more than 300 mg at one evening. Despite this I have increased HR and BP and think, how to conquer this. I have read clonidine is good option for this and want to discuss the issue.

An increase in HR/BP on DXM is to be expected, it is not something that needs to be treated. It's more annoying/noticeable on those lower, subrecreational doses. Most folks don't enjoy DXM at any less than 300mg at once, that's when you start getting some real dissociative effects and the unpleasant physical side effects are largely relegated to the come up (some folks get a comedown as well). Of course, the higher your dose, the worse the body load is gonna be on the come up, but some of us feel that the good parts are well worth it.

Don't go messing with alpha adrenergic antagonists over something like this, it's just the price you pay for using an OTC drug. You can try to find more recreational, cleaner feeling dissociatives if you are able and inclined to do so.

Last edited: