View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm and benadryl discovery?

whippa craka

Bluelighter
I had a chest cold so I bought pills with 20mg of dxm and 400mg of expectorant in each pill. At around 3pm I took 4 pills to help with the cold and maybe feel a mild buzz. I didnt feel much of anything but eight hours later I took two more, along with 2 benadryl. I dont know the mg that was in each benadryl. The main ingrediant in benadryl is also the same in your sleep aids and such. My point is that with 40mg of dxm and just 2 benadryl/sleeping aids I was hallucinating throughout the night for hours and had alot of trouble sleeping.

I know a high dose of each medicine can make you hallucinate and they have very similar effects, but a low dose of each had me more fucked up then it should have. ANybody else have a similar experience?

Yup lol diphenhydramine will make you hallucinate so hard. If you are lucky and catch the right dose low enough to avoid the spiders but high enough to get a good trip you might see some breathing walls, morphing objects etc... but mostly dileriant hallucinations. Very very very different than psychedelic distortions.

Unfortunately 90% of the time it will be like something out of Silent Hill.

silent-hill-homecoming-20081007115007473_640w.jpg

Not till the 600-1,000mg range though...

Tread with caution lol

prozac i wanted to talk to you personally but bluelight wont let me message you. do you have another way to reach you?

prozac i wanted to talk to you personally but bluelight wont let me message you. do you have another way to reach you?

It says I need to reach blue-lighter status to message you as-well lol. Hmm I wouldn't mind giving you my personal information like email or fb but I am not so sure I want to openly post that and tie it to my account here for obvious reasons.

I am guessing a certain post count before we can use the PM feature?

do you mind erasing your quoted post haha, you have my email so it can be removed now.

Never put the @ in there, just spell it or something out ... not good to have your email hotlinked on the internet haha

I've taken 20 beny. And I tripped fuckings balls, but like said above it's all just from being sleep depreived I did beny alot but now I hate it. I hate the body high the really bad cotton mouth the WARPING from my bed to the kitchen were I'm talking to my mom who is really a plant... Walking down hall ways seeing spiders explode, closing my eyes but still seeing everything gross gross gross probably cause I did it countless times lol!!

No, like i said i took 80mg and felt nothing. About 8 hours later I took 40mg with 50mg of benadryl and man did it feel like I did 200mg of DXM. Just sayin. I've taken 20 sleeping aids before, (So probly 450mg benadryl or something) and tripped nuts and I dont find it really enjoyable.

Combining the two is def more powerful.

No, like i said i took 80mg and felt nothing. About 8 hours later I took 40mg with 50mg of benadryl and man did it feel like I did 200mg of DXM. Just sayin. I've taken 20 sleeping aids before, (So probly 450mg benadryl or something) and tripped nuts and I dont find it really enjoyable.

Combining the two is def more powerful.

more powerful yes. but most likely more dangerous. DXM and DPH are both extremely powerful on their own. I think combining them will increase the chances of HPPD, both are known to cause long lasting HPPD.

I am guessing a certain post count before we can use the PM feature?

at 50 posts (and a little time) you reach bluelighter status and can use PMs

both benedryl and dxm are metabolized by the CYP2D6 enzyme

both benedryl and dxm are metabolized by the CYP2D6 enzyme

QFT. Benadryl combined with DXM is very similar to the CCC (DXM + Chlorpheniramine, which is an antihistamine like diphenhydramine is) and is probably just as dangerous, with a VERY SMALL MARGIN OF ERROR for overdose and liver damage.

Stay away from this combination!

QFT. Benadryl combined with DXM is very similar to the CCC (DXM + Chlorpheniramine, which is an antihistamine like diphenhydramine is) and is probably just as dangerous, with a VERY SMALL MARGIN OF ERROR for overdose and liver damage.

Stay away from this combination!

not to mention the delerium that would ensue as DXO and DPH take over your brain. DXO is a terrible drug. DXM is what you want :) in moderation please.. DXM can be addicting, and DOES cause lasting damage (I dont care what anyone says) I still feel effects of my DXM days and have "flashbacks" every so often.

I did 300 mg of each and woke up in the hospital, no enzyme deficiency as I'd done the DXM alone many (too many) times before.

Tread lightly.

I did 300 mg of each and woke up in the hospital, no enzyme deficiency as I'd done the DXM alone many (too many) times before.

Tread lightly.

So I think this comment answers the question, the combo is much more dangerous and more active. I took the dxm with expectorant to help clear my chest and then the benadryl to sleep easier. I shame I was seeing things all night -.-

Yeah I was found. Eyes rolled back in my head, breathing shallow, heart rate crazy. During my stay my heart-rate dropped as low as 40 bpm :/