Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dxm and antidepressants

lav

Greenlighter
hi guys,
i have a safety question. I take 30mg prozac and 150mg wellbutrin. I have 160mg of dxm. I am a 115 lb female. I was wondering if it would be okay to take the dxm, im a little afraid of ss (serotonin syndrome). thanks a bunch

hi guys,
i have a safety question. I take 30mg prozac and 150mg wellbutrin. I have 160mg of dxm. I am a 115 lb female. I was wondering if it would be okay to take the dxm, im a little afraid of ss (serotonin syndrome). thanks a bunch

Many years ago I tried this exact combination at a higher dose. Made my heart beat much faster than dxm alone, and the leg twitching was scary intense. Not fun. I don't think Wellbutrin and dxm get along well together. Probably not the safest combo.

hi guys,

NO it is not AT ALL safe to mix DXM and Prozac and if you do you will have a VERY good chance of getting serotonin syndrome and it would be nothing more than sheer luck if you didn't.

Don't do it, you will very strongly regret it.

uh oh. I was impatient and already took it. Maybe in lower doses its a little better? as long as its not lethal i think itll be okay. ill try to keep you guys posted

does anyone have any tips on how to make this as painless as possible

Have you done dxm before? Assuming your are ok physically, just do what you can to stay calm and ride it out. Still, if there is a sober person around, might be smart to clue them to what's up so they can check up on you from time to time.

I don't know anything about what dosages are safer...

No offense, but asking for advice on something like this doesn't make much sense if you are going to go ahead and do it before hearing what the advice is...

Things like this can be pretty dangerous, but I don't want to scare you cause I'm no expert, it's just that I also take an SSRI and when I was interested in doing this I made sure I did research first and when I found out it wasn't safe I steered clear.

In worst case scenarios serotonin syndrome can be really bad.

My guess is you will probably be ok so don't worry, but if you start to feel really bad in anyway I would seek some kind of medical assistance...

DXM+SSRI=Death

Well it's certainly not a good idea but I'm doubting she actually DIED from a small amount of DXM with Prozac.

I told her not to do it but like a typical over zealous kid she already did it before anyone even had a chance to answer her.

I was prescribed Wellbutrin and had just stopped taking my Zoloft a week prior,and dosed 300mg of DXM and had tonic clonic seizures,similar to what tramadol can give you.Hope all went well..

I was prescribed Wellbutrin and had just stopped taking my Zoloft a week prior,and dosed 300mg of DXM and had tonic clonic seizures,similar to what tramadol can give you.Hope all went well..

What are "tonic clonic" seizures?

Also hope she's alright.

Asked if it was safe and then took it before even waiting for the response.

Kids these days...

Damn hope the op is alright, and if you read the dxm box if it was otc then it says do not take with an ssri.

Best wishes to the op

I also hope that OP is okay and will report back soon. but I have to say, especially with OTC medication it would be so easy to figure out just by reading the provided information... :/

I also hope that OP is okay and will report back soon. but I have to say, especially with OTC medication it would be so easy to figure out just by reading the provided information... :/

Or even a google search :/