• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM - always makes me MEGA sick

AmbientXplosions

Greenlighter
I used to be able to drink tussin and trip no issues. I did so for a couple of years every few weeks back when i was a spring chicken.
The last few times I tried it, it made me so terrible sick... I am scared to try again. However I wonder if i learn to free base it, it will help me?
What i was taking was Dextromethorphan HBr and Guaifenesin . As all I could ever find had Guaifenesin in it.

symptoms i have:

Extreme itchiness. Nearly uncontrollable. I have injured myself scratching.
Nausea and vomiting. Its pretty sever and has been most of my experience as of last 3 trips. And I feel like my body is cooking on the inside. I almost had my mother come take me to the hospital it was so bad.
The next morning I feel so drunk. Cant walk straight.
I was usually downing 3 12oz bottles. Sometimes 4.

now, several years since my last DXM/Tussin experience I can take a few swigs for a cold, and I feel SICK AF!!

questions i have:

Why did i have great experiences with Tussin previously and now it feels deadly?
If i free base would i still get these symptoms?
Can this be a reaction to the actual DXM? I was hoping the something else in there was doing it to me.
If you were me, would you try free basing it and have another go?
Can DXM be deadly?
Has anyone else had this experience?

Thank you for your time.

Probably means it's not good for you.

Guaifenesin is an emetic. No surprise there. Four bottles!? Even three and no wonder why you're barfing your guts out. Even one...This is to the point of being pretty bad for your mind and brain. People get screwed up majorly for good when they do that for enough time.

Why do you need to get blasted off of cough syrup so bad??

Heh a couple friends and I years ago snorted dxm. It was so bad but then it’s not recommended.

I was usually downing 3 12oz bottles. Sometimes 4.

There's your problem. 48 fl oz at (assuming maximum strength) 20 mg DXM per 20 ml equals more than 1400 mg of DXM. That alone might be enough to give someone a lethal case of serotonin syndrome; heck, you would likely be dead if you were on an SSRI at the time.

Not only that, but 4x12 oz bottles of Robitussin equals A WHOLE OUNCE of guaifenesin. Needless to say, that is a toxic amount.

Keep this up, and you'll die sooner rather than later, even if you found a way to remove the guaifenesin. Serotonin syndrome

Honestly, any time someone states their dose in "bottles" instead of taking a minute to calculate how many milligrams they are consuming, that is a massive red flag.

Need to get the stuff without the g stuff. Look for the store brand with just the dxm in it and it’s normally cheaper which is nice

There's your problem. 48 fl oz at (assuming maximum strength) 20 mg DXM per 20 ml equals more than 1400 mg of DXM. That alone might be enough to give someone a lethal case of serotonin syndrome; heck, you would likely be dead if you were on an SSRI at the time.

Not only that, but 4x12 oz bottles of Robitussin equals A WHOLE OUNCE of guaifenesin. Needless to say, that is a toxic amount.

Keep this up, and you'll die sooner rather than later, even if you found a way to remove the guaifenesin. Serotonin syndrome

Honestly, any time someone states their dose in "bottles" instead of taking a minute to calculate how many milligrams they are consuming, that is a massive red flag.
Ditto.

No need to take that much DXM and the G. stuff is crazy to take at all. Don't put your body through that just to dex. You can find stuff without it if you look.

And like the man said don't take so much!