• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM - Allergy Medication Mix

Jay123321

Greenlighter
Hey all, so my parakeet is hoping to try DXM in the form of cough syrup in a few days time. The stuff this lil bird will be having is a full bottle of this.

My other bird has done this before with no problem, so I know by itself, it's safe. However, my parakeet has been taking allergy medication and doesn't know if it is safe or not.
The medications my parakeet is taking for his allergy issues are
Pseudoephedrine HCL 30MG tabs,
Methscopolamine,
and Cetirizine HCI tablets.

I'm a newbie in this entire scene so I just wanna do everything I can to make sure my parakeet is safe when trying out this new form of disassociates he's never had before!

Thanks yall

Methscopolamine? Lol. Well, methscopolamine is the methylated version of scopolamine. They act by blocking a receptor called muscarinic acetylcholinergic receptors. Low doses help open the airway, increase respiration, and prevent a large drop in blood pressure (shock) in allergic reactions. Higher doses cause hallicinations, amnesia, and confusion.

Pseudoephedrine in low doses increases respiration, open airways, and prevent a large drop in blood pressure (shock) in allergic reactions. However, high doses can cause hypertension and rapid heart beat.

Basically methylscopolamine may increase cognitive impairment and amnesia both methylscopolamine and pseudoephedrine may increase your risk of developing a serious rise in heart rate, heart arthymia, or hypertensive crisis from dxm use at above theraputic doses.

If the dxm contains phenylephrine, pseudoephrine, doxylamine, diphenhydramine, chlorphenamine it drastically increases the risk of a potentially fatal rise in heart rate or blood presussure, or arthymia could occur

If he was to quit taking the medicine so he could partake, how many days in advance would you suggest he stops taking it in order to safely consume the dxm?

I wouldnt stop any medications without first talking to your doctor. I don't know how much methyl scopolamine your taking just be aware methyl scopolamine and pseudoephedrine increase your risk of heart arthymias tachycardia and vascular hypertension . But it is dose dependent so the number one thing you can just dxm no doxylamine, phenylephrine, chlorphenamine, pseudoephedrine ECT because these act similarly on the heart and veins as your allergy med