• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM/945mg 2nd trip, the music controlled my trip.

Peacepipepanda

Greenlighter
First off, this is my first trip report and first "real post on the forums". So forgive me if I make a mistake :)

The report got a little lengthy also, and there is still a lot i would like to add but this highlights the most prominent events.

I ingested two bottles of Robitussin containing only DXM, and a half hour later a bottle of gel tabs to prolong the experience. Well, I have dabbled in DXM one other time and it was pretty fun but at a much lower dose 200mg I believe. Anyway I tripped with a buddy of mine, let's call him D. We were in my apartment completely alone, complete with a balcony attached. My friend never having experienced DXM took only 300mg. So it was about 11:30pm we dropped it, and at 12 I dropped the other bottle of gel tabs.

Well about 10 minutes we immediately start to feel strange and start playing music, me and D have very similar tastes from weird music like XXYYXX and also love rap, like tech n9ne and potluck. Anyway we wanted to see how different types of music affected us so we ended up listening to A LOT of different types of music. Well I’m going to start where it get’s interesting about an hour and half in.

Well I had my back to my wall and my friend D was laying down, we ended up closing are eyes and jamming out to arkasia (dubstep), and I could close my eyes and it felt like the wall behind me would be revolving with me attached to it, eventually this faded out until I felt like I was no longer inside my body. I couldn’t feel myself breathing; it was like I wasn’t even there. I should also note I could feel the music, like it hit me almost like a physical force, but rippled through my body. I had visions of myself meditating surrounded by a purple aura with geometric shapes all around me.
Eventually I would forget I was closing my eyes until the song stopped playing and then was snapped back to being consciously aware of myself, we then decided to listen to tech n9ne-in the trunk. This was way different then listening to stranger more abstract music. It was almost too fast and didn’t scare me but it was like the trip completely changed characteristics. I should also note, I didn’t get extreme out of body experiences when listening to more grounded types of music, but it was cool in it’s own right.

Well I played one song, and all of a sudden my friend tells me to turn it off because it started to make him nauseas. We figured the syrup in his stomach didn’t help but he was fine until I played fuckpony and it just hit him bad. So he threw up and then, we went back to listening to music. I should also mention I could walk fine at this point, although a little wobbly.

Eventually it got really hard to stand, and when we went to smoke a cigarette we had to have are hands on an object to keep us grounded, so we didn’t float away it felt like. We looked ridiculous, and it was quite fun. Anyway we went outside and smoked cigarettes like a boss because we had no cough reflex. Looking down from the balcony produced intense vertigo, and everything looked surreal. The lights from the town looked fascinating.

Alrighty, so we come back inside and this is when I peak, my friend D is already coming down. Apparently (I don’t remember this that well) I just fell over and had to crawl to my bedroom. I said I was going to bed so my friend D crashed on my couch. Anyway so I make it to my bed and fall asleep, but instantly I’m awake and have no idea what’s going on. I couldn’t grasp a single thought in my head, and everything looked sinister. I tried my best to not sketch out, but it was really hard. Well this happens a few more times before instantly I’m back on the deck by myself smoking a cigarette and talking to myself. Mumbling and speaking utter nonsense like there were multiple people trying to get out, but I was aware and didn’t have a voice. This legitimately scared me but somehow I made it inside and went back to bed.

6am came around and my vision was returning to normal but still very much fucked up. Well I went back to bed and woke up feeling like a million bucks. The only side-effect that was negative was my fingers were numb/tingly. They stayed that way until about 4pm until it just gradually went away. Well that’s my trip, I loved the beginning and the end was a little sketch but still very interesting. If you’re going to dose high like this be prepared it’s intense. I’m not sure if I’m going to do this again and if I do it won’t be for at least a few months to avoid addiction and possible health problems.