• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM 76 times in 3 years

Firstly IMO it's the role it plays in your life that determines what the abuse / use means: for example I use psychedelics for different reasons than why I use narcotics and usually dissociatives eventually tend to fall with the narcotics and not the psychedelics. It's not about what it says about the manifestations of the mind for me, but rather about the escapist qualities to numbing AND dissociating. Certain dissociatives are called psychedelic heroin for a reason. We ought to focus on that heroin bit rather than the psychedelic bit.

I could not judge psychedelics in the same way, because they are unsuitable for such escapist purposes. Even if they remove me from reality, the trip they give is more confronting than reality and not intrinsically soothing at all. It's only soothing when I feel good about myself in the first place.

I would personally be quite skeptical about any supposed transformative-or-not positives of dissociatives because you would not need to use them frequently for harmless therapeutic purposes. It's the problems that are relieved that make it feel more rewarding to do often, that's a typical thing.

That there are interesting things and similarities about psychedelics make all of this confusing, and also LSA happens to be a relatively narcotic psychedelic that for me tends to make me feel heavy / drowsy and tranced, a little like low to moderate AMT.. but you might be able to figure out more about that being honest about the roles these substances play. It's easy to fool yourself with justifying reasons, but it's the real underlying reasons you want.. the ones you kind of have to admit.

Availability is a fair but still poor reason to choose drugs, especially to use frequently. It's possible having other drugs available would clarify which drugs you'd turn to and why.

Ok cool thanks. I guess psychedelics can involve facing your problems, and dissociative can be like escaping, like saying I need a drink and going to the bar to numb the pain. I just couldnt get enough of it, and it made me feel goooood, enhancing other activities, such as walking or making music.

When you have to have it to enjoy those activities or cant live life fully without, then it is becoming a problem....it was getting that way for me. Eventually you wont even take the drug to get high anymore, you will take it just to feel normal. DXM can possibly get to that point, I suppose.

I did not count how many times ive done dxm in my life but i have a permanent tolerance to it now so even with 70kg weigth, a whole gram of dxm doesnt even get me to the first plateau :/ ive given up on the substance. It was fun while it lasted.

................ :/

There was a period of time in my life where I abused psychedelics (stuff like DOC, 2C-B, AMT, etc), I was taking them weekly or more often, and the purpose actually did eventually become to escape. I was in a bad relationship and opiate addicted, and tripping helped me to feel artificially good, and focus on something that wasn't my own life. Thus, it was a problem for me, and I was abusing them. Nowadays I go through periods of weekly psychedelic use and I definitely use them at least once a month, I'll even trip multiple days in a row sometimes. But the way I am using them is different, I am using them to aid creativity in creating music and art, or to enhance the experience of seeing live music, or hiking. I might trip 2 days in a row at a music festival, to enhance the experience. I don't feel that I'm abusing them now because I am using them to enhance my life and aid in pursuing my passions, and I don't see any negative ramifications from my use, I am healthy and happy and I am fully functioning and in fact excelling at my life, things like my job, relationships, etc. So, even though there were times I took them no more often than now, I was abusing them during those times, and not now.

Basically I'm saying it depends on whether you're using them in a way that is detrimental to your life or health. Chronic escapism is an example of detrimental use (escaping once in a while is cool but if it becomes a pattern I think it moves into negative territory). To me it sounds like that is not the case for you, but only you can answer that.

Ok cool. But if you feel you can not enjoy hiking/music festivals without it, or you can't come up with creative art/music (music is art), without it, then it can become a problem. I am a musician and like to write creative music. I know its fun and it is amazing. I also can come up with creative musical ideas while sober too, and don't need drugs to do it. But you sound like you are responsible with your use.

If you don't rely on them, and use them in a way where you don't NEED the psychs, then it can be a great thing to have in your life. The drug doesn't do everything for you, that is up to you, though they can be fun. The drug also doesn't cause problems in your life, we do.

''I am using them to enhance my life and aid in pursuing my passions,"

we have a lot in common, and this sounds close to why I was using DXM, but then it got out of hand, and seemed to hold me back, or keep me from excelling. The drug doesn't lead you to pursuing your passions, you do. It doesn't do all the work for you, so we shouldn't rely on them to do that for us.

But I don't see once a month being a problem, or maybe even once a week for some, I guess it depends.
But you sound like you misused it in the past, learned from it, and now use it in a way that it is serving you in a positive way, so keep doing it if you want.

I suppose we should use these substances as tools, and not let it become something that we need or have to have, and become dependent on it.

Last edited:
yeah i'd say that's def a bit too much to call casual usage. I've used as much or more and can attest that if you're not using pure DXM you're not doing anything good to your kidneys. Redosing too quick is also rough on the body, and perhaps brain as well. DXM should be approached as like a once-weekly-max thing IMHO but I doubt you've done anything irreparable to yourself yet, assuming you don't take any Tylenol/CPM/guafenisen/etc "helper" chemicals with the dex. If you'd like to discuss dxm in more detail, hit me up; I don't want to come off as potentially advertising it to the public ya know.

-rob

"If you'd like to discuss dxm in more detail, hit me up; I don't want to come off as potentially advertising it to the public ya know"

Hey I tried to inbox you but am on mobile, so no luck with that. Can you message me or send me your email

To those reading this thread, not sure if you read the entire post in it's entirety, and I don't think I explained it good :/ but the addiction phase is in the past, that ended about a month ago.

Last edited:
Ok cool. But if you feel you can not enjoy hiking/music festivals without it, or you can't come up with creative art/music (music is art), without it, then it can become a problem. I am a musician and like to write creative music. I know its fun and it is amazing. I also can come up with creative musical ideas while sober too, and don't need drugs to do it. But you sound like you are responsible with your use.

If you don't rely on them, and use them in a way where you don't NEED the psychs, then it can be a great thing to have in your life. The drug doesn't do everything for you, that is up to you, though they can be fun. The drug also doesn't cause problems in your life, we do.

we have a lot in common, and this sounds close to why I was using DXM, but then it got out of hand, and seemed to hold me back, or keep me from excelling. The drug doesn't lead you to pursuing your passions, you do. It doesn't do all the work for you, so we shouldn't rely on them to do that for us.

But I don't see once a month being a problem, or maybe even once a week for some, I guess it depends.
But you sound like you misused it in the past, learned from it, and now use it in a way that it is serving you in a positive way, so keep doing it if you want.

I suppose we should use these substances as tools, and not let it become something that we need or have to have, and become dependent on it.

Yeah I totally agree. I use a psychedelic maybe once a month to get together and jam with my band and just try to get really out there and bring in new ideas. We have practice 3 days a week and during those times I come at it with a sober head. Likewise with hiking, it's great either way but sometimes I like to take a psychedelic for it too. For example, there's this thing I call a river hike, there's a beautiful mountain stream that basically climbs the narrow valley with hundreds of waterfalls and strewn with huge boulders, and my good friend and I climb up the river. We like to take DOC for this activity, we don't get to do it often, and it's become a great ritual for us to discuss everything and catch up and gain some insight from each other/ourselves into things going on in our lives. It's not a necessary element but it aids the process, and it's fun besides.

But yeah I did misuse in the past, to be sure. Took a 3 year break after that came crashing down, and now I'm in a totally different place in my life, the reasons for wanting to escape are gone, and I have a healthy relationship with psychedelics again. :)

yes agreed except that I'd say drugs can easily make problems worse and instead of solving anything can reinforce escapism. Maybe more universal is coping: if you have problems and just can't cope anymore then it may not be realistic that everyone just face the music right away and pull through, some people are workaholics as a way to avoid problems and there are countless other "inappropriate" reactions that are normal if too much is asked of a person. What is not "normal" is how much this can fester and spiral out of control, vicious circles that arise are pathological.

unfortunately while it is reasonable to use these substances as tools and treat them with moderation and respect, having to figure out how to keep it reasonable by trial and error is not something we can always afford to do. It's easy to fool yourself about motivations, for quite some time this can be a bit of a 'black box' for us to judge and deal with.

getting older imo should involve a sense of responsibility to be real about what you can afford to risk. If the past has shown that you can't afford to use something as tools or otherwise because it is at much too great risk, it's best to either change your life so that you don't need the drugs to play a dubious role anymore or to give them up until you manage that sort of change.

my 2 cents :)

To those reading this thread, not sure if you read the entire post in it's entirety, and I don't think I explained it good :/ but the addiction phase is in the past, that ended about a month ago.

Well, to me, it seems that if you truly believed the addiction phase was over forever you never would have started this thread and you wouldn't be asking people if they though your level of use was excessive, but maybe not.
I "quit" Ketamine a few weeks ago and would like to think it's "over", but having been addicted to nearly every addictable substance there is, I know in my heart that it's never really over for good, just for that day and hopefully the next and the next and....
I'm not trying to be a dick, for once, but that's sort of how it looks to me.

Last edited:
Well, to me, it seems that if you truly believed the addiction phase was over forever you never would have started this thread and you wouldn't be asking people if they though your level of use was excessive, but maybe not.
I "quit" Ketamine a few weeks ago and would like to think it's "over", but having been addicted to nearly every addictable substance there is, I know in my heart that it's never really over for good, just for that day and hopefully the next and the next and....

I agree with this.

Maybe you should completely stop using it so you don't relapse and get to that point where you use it or get addicted to other drugs? Stay safe.

I started this thread to get interesting replies and feedback and just would like to read others stories about addiction to this substance and how it has affected them, not because what you said.

Also, after the addiction phase (I binged during my last session), and felt hungover still for weeks after, and felt my mind was tired but it got better. I felt off the first week of being sober, and I guess that's part of the withdrawal, which for me felt like the Dxm afterglow, only it lasted nearly two weeks.
I also thought it would be interesting to read others reports that have had a similar experience and who has taken the drug as much as I did and how it impacted them. I suppose I also was looking to read some reports on withdrawal and after the addiction, for those who got withdrawal symptoms after a similar period of use to mine :/

I might use DXM again sometime in the future, I did find it interesting and had some fun times with it. But I need a break! And so does my brain. If I ever start doing it again, it will probably not be anytime soon and Ill keep it more so the dosing is not so often, perhaps once every other month, Ill never use it like that again, binging days in a row, and using it up to twice a week, even almost everyday, this was the addiction phase and I used it a lot. After my break, if I feel like using it again, It will be spaced out months, not dosing so much to where it became part of my life in a way. I don't know, I'll probably move into dosing the traditional psychedelics, which feel way more organic. Dxm is something else though, it is interesting and weird in a fun way. And might quit taking dxm but maybe like once a year or something, and allow some room for the traditional psyches that aren't so dissociating.

Well thats what I meant bro about the addiction phase being over, I might do it again one day, but definitely not like that. So the addiction is over, and thats not why I made this post :/

Yeah I totally agree. I use a psychedelic maybe once a month to get together and jam with my band and just try to get really out there and bring in new ideas. We have practice 3 days a week and during those times I come at it with a sober head. Likewise with hiking, it's great either way but sometimes I like to take a psychedelic for it too. For example, there's this thing I call a river hike, there's a beautiful mountain stream that basically climbs the narrow valley with hundreds of waterfalls and strewn with huge boulders, and my good friend and I climb up the river. We like to take DOC for this activity, we don't get to do it often, and it's become a great ritual for us to discuss everything and catch up and gain some insight from each other/ourselves into things going on in our lives. It's not a necessary element but it aids the process, and it's fun besides.

But yeah I did misuse in the past, to be sure. Took a 3 year break after that came crashing down, and now I'm in a totally different place in my life, the reasons for wanting to escape are gone, and I have a healthy relationship with psychedelics again. :)

Ok awesome. I've thought about tripping while hiking or while at the mountains many times before. Sounds fun. Ive tripped at the beach several times which was pretty cool.

yes agreed except that I'd say drugs can easily make problems worse and instead of solving anything can reinforce escapism. Maybe more universal is coping: if you have problems and just can't cope anymore then it may not be realistic that everyone just face the music right away and pull through, some people are workaholics as a way to avoid problems and there are countless other "inappropriate" reactions that are normal if too much is asked of a person. What is not "normal" is how much this can fester and spiral out of control, vicious circles that arise are pathological.

unfortunately while it is reasonable to use these substances as tools and treat them with moderation and respect, having to figure out how to keep it reasonable by trial and error is not something we can always afford to do. It's easy to fool yourself about motivations, for quite some time this can be a bit of a 'black box' for us to judge and deal with.

getting older imo should involve a sense of responsibility to be real about what you can afford to risk. If the past has shown that you can't afford to use something as tools or otherwise because it is at much too great risk, it's best to either change your life so that you don't need the drugs to play a dubious role anymore or to give them up until you manage that sort of change.

my 2 cents :)

Ok thank you for the 2 cents. Your cents makes a lot of sense.