• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM / 600mg) + cannabis - first experience - Awesome trip!

Deisel72

Greenlighter
DXM Trip First Time 600mg + Afterglow
This was my first time doing DXM I have absolutely no tolerance. First of all don’t us this recount as a guideline for first time dosage as everyone is different.This is a somewhat long read but I would like you to share your experience and what you think of mine.
Yes there are probably typo’s in this 
DXM Trip 600mg 1 19/7/12
I have been researching DXM, wanted to try it and felt like I was ready. The reason I am posting this recount is so I can come to understand the trip more and keep a memory of it as it was a special experience. I was home and did this alone. Something I wanted to explore by myself. I’m 18 and about 68-70kg.
4:30pm – I got home from work picked up 600mg of DXM in syrup form. I don’t normally smoke herb however I was curious to take DXM in combination with weed so I had a bowl of cannabis, good bud. Feeling pretty chilled. I only had bud because I have mixed it with other drugs before and always had good results and heard weed is amazing with DXM. Don’t try this your first time as it may not be for you however for me it was amazingly good. Took 250mg at first. Didn’t want to overdo the dosage. I had a full stomach at the time.
4:15 - Chatting to a friend over Skype for about 45 minutes then it hit me. I noticed I was feeling a slight buzz, just a general uplift in mood.
5:30 – Assuming I’m chillin’ on plateau 1 at this stage. Feeling pretty good put some mainstream electro on. Really getting into the music got my leg pumping, music euphoria kicking in and I’m having a ball. still using the computer. Feels nice I’m having an awesome time. Motor skills are somewhat reduced, making lots of typo’s. Robowalking slightly. Not nearly as bad the end of the night but we will get to that. For anyone who doesn’t know what Robowalking is it feels like you are very off balance like your legs weigh nothing kind of like walking drunk.
6:30 – Beginning to peak. Amazing euphoria and loving music. Vision was surprising blurry for lack of a better word. Never usually listen to Psytrance but on this occasion it was wonderful. Put a 1 hour mix and just sat in the dark room was very fun the sounds were so good! Nothing too crazy though. I then watched the music video for The Presets new single “Youth in Trouble” very trippy video was awesome to watch and the colours looked amazing you guys should check it out.
7:30 - Decided to get up. I felt comfortable and decided to kick it up a notch buy having another 150mg dose of DXM this makes 400mg all up. While waiting for it to kick in was chatting to the roommates feeling heaps social and happy, very chatty. Tried watching tv, it was disinteresting. Ate steak and veggies for dinner as they had cooked for me and didn’t want to be rude (they didn’t know I was tripping). Surprisingly the food changed nothing, no nausea or change in mood. Food was interesting to eat but not over satisfying.
8:30 – 2nd plateau loving everything heaps of energy and music is the best! No CEV or OEV surprisingly. Hard to balance now vision still blurry and reading more about this amazing drug on the net. Time going slow. Just having an awesome time with Psytrance in a dark room lying down.
8:15 – Something in me was curious about 3rd plateau and and I was alone, felt comfortable with the drug and was ready for some self exploration and decided to take the rest of the bottle. Another 300mg, that’s 600mg all up.
9:30 – Feeling very different. A huge shift from 2nd plateau. This was so much more intense I think it was the transition phase but who can be sure. Very hard to walk without holding onto something and vision going blurrier (sensory response shutting down). Put on some Infected Mushroom and just lay down in the dark. This time the music took on a whole different form. The noises became a journey through time and space it’s hard to explain but the whole time the song was playing I couldn’t move and just became immersed in it. Amazing feeling. As soon as the song stopped I snapped out of my trance as if I was being hypnotized and somebody clicked their fingers. I could move again. I once again watched the “Youth in Trouble” clip and this time it blew my mind. The images and colours I became one with them and nothing else seemed to exist. Impossible at to explain but the music and images seemed to captivate me to an extremely level that everything I saw and heard had a direct effect on being. I recommend watching something really trippy while in the state it’s amazing.
10:00 – I crawl to my bed unable to talk and just feel the need to lie still. Standing is unbearable as balance is too hard. I look around and see my walls breathing (warping in and out). Small things begin to look very large and large things begin to look very small. I lie down. I put some very simple psytrance a 1 hour mix. Lying down I get an intense jump and my thoughts begin to stray from my body. I have a brief moment of anxiety and very fast breathing lasted about 10 seconds then I took 3 deep breaths and told myself I wanted to try this, it is just the drug and to accept the trip for what it was. After that everything was blissful. I felt like I was moving forward in a tunnel and that my body was being left behind (I think this had something to do with the music that was on ). Then, I believe this was right at the peak maybe even just breaking into fourth plateau (although I doubt it). For a brief moment I felt completely nothing and everything at the same time. Extremely hard to explain but I felt completely free. 1 second of complete and utter euphoria. After the one second I came back continue to trip no more hallucinations just feeling very different and amazing at the same time. Didn’t think about anything just lay still and was at peace.
11:00 – Decide to get up I am back like I was a plateau one except feel drained of energy. I go to watch tv and some herb. Lying down on the lounge with a blanket really stoned and coming off DXM I felt awesome. Warm and euphoric a very different feeling. Kind of like when you lay in the sun for ages and you feel sleepy and relaxed except this was intensified 10 fold. A very nice part of the trip.
11:30 – I have put on some psytrance and fall asleep to it.

Afterglow
6:00am – Wake up 2 hours earlier than usual. Find it strangely easy to get out of bed. Still have a smile on my face from everything I experienced and learned and can’t stop thinking about the trip. (Like the honeymoon phase in relationship). Feeling the usual tired morning self and have a shower and 2 weetbix and put the headphones on and too my surprise the music euphoria was still happening which was awesome. I went into work 2 hours early and just put headphones in and had the best time working alone. Time flew by.
9:00am – Boss comes into work I am feeling awesome. I have heaps of energy and very happy kind of like I had half a MDMA pill. Feeling very light footed all day at work and bouncy. I can drive fine and function as normal.
4:30pm – Come home and have one more cone. Seemed to unlock the same feeling as when I smoked and was coming down except less intense and only lasted for 10 minutes. Had been thinking about the trip all day.
Thoughts
To me this was an amazing experience and I enjoyed it profoundly. I want to do it again but maybe it save it for a special time or wait at least a month or two. I don’t want a tolerance or mental addiction to it and I think it would lose some of its magic, although I would really like to do it again sooner. So there you have it guys for me DXM was awesome and I would love to hear your thoughts on the trip (especially from experience users) I would also love to hear first timers ask me some questions about it and anyone who wants to share their experience go ahead I would love to read it.
Thanks for reading guys, happy tripping.

I had a very similar effect just now and am actually on DXM as I'm trying to type this lol. :D I'm VERY experienced with DXM. I'm surprised you got no CEV's or OEV's. weird. Try a Brainwave Generator. You could either download it or in my opinion, get these IPhone (maybe other smart phones/IPod 's too) apps called "Mind Tuner" and "Brainwaves". Both separate apps and free. Check the web for how that all works. It kicks your trip up majorly, in a good way. But anyways, I'm experiencing what you did but harder because of the brainwave thing. I'm havin CEV's but more so OEV's. Lights in the dark, the floor moving, seeing things that aren't there (not scary) but dang. It's almost 5AM and I dosed around 9PM and I'm still havin a good time. Music sounds incredible and I'm not tired at all. Anyway, just thought I'd respond cuz I'm having a blast too. Peace

Awesome man enjoy it while your there have a good and safe trip :)
Cool idea with the brainwave thing next time I do it (not sure when yet) I will try it sounds quite different and fun. How often do you take DXM mind if I ask? Haha how hard is typing on DXM!

i kinda wanna try dxm but dont think ill be able to get over the nasty taste of syrup :l
any other ways i can try it?

Butter the Robotussin Dry Cough Forte actually tastes fine. You could maybe get gelcaps??? That Cherry flavour kind of like Dr. Pepper. Hold your nose that should help. But it is not to be underestimated its a strong drug.
I got some more, a lower dose this time, 400mg. I'm going to take it tonight then not touch the stuff for a couple of months. I really want to do one more trip before I have a break though...I think it will help me understand some parts of the trip and will be quite fun. I am aware of the dangers but I don't think doing this just ONCE will have any permanent damage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.