View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm 4th plateau first time

Statlett

Greenlighter
Alright so me and my friend planned to trip a couple months ago. Since we are under 18 we ran to safeway and stole 4 packs of cough medicine, making sure the only ingredient was dxm. We usaully bought robotussin but they were all out. We hop on the bus and get off downtown. At 12:00 pm we take all the pills thinking that we were going to have a 400mg trip.
After we ate them all, we read the pack and realized instead of the usual 15mg per pill robotussin has, it was 30mg. So we ended up taking around 1200+ mg

We had no safe place to go since it was a school day and we both snuck out of school. We decide to go to a park.

12:15 pm- I could already feel the effects start to kick in, this was terrifying. It usually took 45-60 minutes to feel like this. We waited at the bus stop to head to the park.
I wasnt able to stand comfortably so I sat down.

12:23 pm- the bus came. When I stood up I felt incrediably light, and I was already walking weird.

12:40 pm- this part was all a blur. Me and my friend were sitting in the back of the bus. And I felt like I was sinking down into the seat. Millions of ideas were racing through my mind, and i felt like i knew everything. I tried to communicate to her what I was thinking, i felt like this was ground breaking knoledge. My friend was slightly sober at the time. She later told me that I was screaming shit about cubes and spirals. She repeatedly had to tell me to lower my voice.

1ish- Me and my friend are now comepletely tripping. We somehow realize that we arrived at our stop. Next thing I know I'm off the bus. I don't remember getting off at all. I notice how my vision was way off. Buildings looked insanely tall and people seemed to not appear real they looked like machines.

1:15- We arrived at the park. I remember my friend throwing up and me cracking up so hard I fell on my side.

I blacked out after that, I only collected a couple memories. At some point we were pulling tarot cards on the grass. At another point I was having a full on conversation with a tree.

6:50- I was told I collapsed face first onto the dirt. My friend was tripping to hard to do anything. Luckily a guy ran into us, and called an abulance.

I remember waking up and seeing doctors all around me. I was naked and it felt like they were evil and trying to rape me. I figured I was dreaming so I just went back out of consciousness.

This is where it all gets very very strange. I open my eyes to see I was floating in space. I wasnt scared, I felt like this was right where I was supposed to be. The stars were all twinkling so wonderfully. My name is suddenly called by a deep voice. I look to where the sound came from. I see a sex less entity smiling at me. Next to them was earth. I remember them talking to me and showing me things. Unfortunately I do not remember what exactly.

10:30- I wake up in a hospital bed shocked to be back on a planet. I feel unsafe like I could fall off the earth at any moment. My mom is sitting next to my bed. I ask her how I got to the hospital and things like that.

I stayed all night watching adult swim. Aqua teen hunger force came on. I was still tripping so hard I couldn't understand anything that was going on.

I wanted to share this because I couldn't find any experiences like this.
Questions, comments, and advice would be nice. :)

your doing it wrong, read whole post, your way to young to be using substances, i know your not going to listen.

Also your deciding to trip on a very powerful dissociative while very young still while in public, please choose/have a better spot before you do this again, i already know your not going to listen and keep on using so at least have a bed and a room so you dont get arrested or in the hospital again, hospital aint free homie.

next time extract dxm out of syrup and take it in crystal form, all those extra chemicals in the gelcaps or the syrup are horrible for your GI tract, extraction isnt very hard much cleaner feel, probably wont throw up ever, A LOT less nausea, a big difference in the feel when its extracted from most of those nasty inactive ingredients.

so stop using till your like 24, if your going to keep using at least do it smarter and have a bed ina safe house where you can just lay there and trip, have music ready, sometimes no music is better, and learn how to extract so that you save your body a good amount more, and experience a much better feel.

When you come on here posting how you stole it, everyone here looks bad. Dumbass.

i wouldnt try 4th plateau first time, esp if u might be around ppl .. i did 3rd my first time and i totally endorse that, or 2nd plat first time .. again, it would be wise to be alone or with a trusty friend thats also tripping for your first time, doing 2nd or 3rd plat .. get a feel for the drug .. then try the 4th

Some people gotta lighten up. When we were 18 I'm quite sure we all did some pretty stupid things and chiding from our elders really didn't do anything. Just glad OP is OK and hopefully learned a lesson. And yes, he shouldn't be doing drugs but hey, I started when I was like what, 12? And I dearly hope OP doesn't have a life trajectory anything like mine, but if he does, well, he's in good company and welcome to Bluelight where you may find a few older brothers and sisters in your abject degeneracy going forward. But yeah, kid, don't do drugs and if you must, educate yourself and stay safe out there.

Kids doing a dose that big in public sigh..If i'm in an comfortable environment with friends and my preferred music dextromethorphan is excellent although i do sometimes have to watch out for the mania that can follow. Which if outside whilst paranoid, fearless and stimulated can get you into some shitty situations. Definitely need a place you can lay down in future and music is a must. Perosnally i love listening to death-metal as it seems to suit the experience perfectly.

Still the histamine release is absolutely terrible and dxm can have quite an unclean feeling to it. Unlike other people i feel no anti-depressent effects either like some people love. I really need to try Ketamine or Methoxetamine.

Party on Wayne,Party on Garth. Much fun tripping in the hospital you have many years to fuck your life up you don't need a head start. Isn't it against the rules for babies to post on this site?

SKL you helped me earlier and I appreciate it but must inform you that you are wrong.If they lied and said they were 18 is one thing but they posted under 18 which raises all kinds of legal issues and puts this site in jeopardy.Shit I was 13 when I started getting fucked up so I see your point but these kids were to dumb to at least lie about their age and makes this site which I've grown to love liable.

The title is misleading. I've done it many times before. This was my first experience with the 4th plateau.

Party on Wayne,Party on Garth. Much fun tripping in the hospital you have many years to fuck your life up you don't need a head start. Isn't it against the rules for babies to post on this site?

SKL you helped me earlier and I appreciate it but must inform you that you are wrong.If they lied and said they were 18 is one thing but they posted under 18 which raises all kinds of legal issues and puts this site in jeopardy.Shit I was 13 when I started getting fucked up so I see your point but these kids were to dumb to at least lie about their age and makes this site which I've grown to love liable.

Actually it's never been against the rules for underage people to Bluelight, with the rationale that they need their harm reduction too, I know when I was under 18 there was no bluelight but then current drug sites and USENET helped me away from making a lot of bad decisions. It's a tricky issue though. We don't wanna encourage underage drug use/abuse but the central tenant of harm reduction is always "don't, but if you must ..."

Sorry I didn't know! I'm new to this.

We all make mistakes, man. The important thing is that you learn from them.

What lessons did we learn here? Always know what dose you're taking for starters, and as a general rule I would say high dose dissociatives are a very bad idea in public.

Nah, I say keep it, in the interest of harm reduction. The positive side of your experience is that people (including yourself) can learn from it.

I stand corrected and you made a very valid point about young people needing harm reduction,they probably are most in need. My apologies SKL please brother keep up the good work. I have young children and it upsets to me to see young people use because I guess it's the fear of my children being played out vicariously through other young people(hope that makes sense). Of course I was underage when I started to use as well as the vast majority on this site and I don't want to discourage people seeking out safer ways to use if they are going to use at all.

Last edited:
It's not that big of a deal,Im the one that was wrong. I'm sorry to have made light of your situation and for that I apologize.Nobody wants to see you get hurt(especially me) and if you must continue to use please be careful and use this sight as a reference. If you'll excuse me I'm gonna reinsert my foot in my mouth,seems I've done this a few times lately! Statlett you actually made a wise choice comig on this site and if you continue o use it is very beneficial for safety!

I think I was lucky to have not smoked pot until my senior year in HS and first trip wasn't until the age of 21......I'm pretty damned stable mentally/emotionally ...,..I for sure have quite a bit of HPPD and a bit frazzled on the synapse from dozens upon dozens of LSD trips. I would assume under hundred trips but it would be close to that range (I'm 42 now)

Most of them happened in my early 20's, seemed there for a couple of years I was tripping every weekend

2.5mg/lb-5mg/lb is a good range, tbh the higher plateaus are a little scary and should be avoided until you have a better feel for the drug/drugs in general.You will have a 10X better experience on a 300-500mg dose than a 1000mg+ dose, those doses are more for introspection/learning about yourself/should be done in a safe place.

You are young, so try to keep a clean record and use caution, as in the future if you ever decide to play with more severe drugs it could mean the difference between being a free man vs being on house arrest/probation/jail/or even just avoiding the hassle of dealing with cops.