• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM - 3 day trip?

meridianlamb

Greenlighter
Quite a while ago I took what I understand to be quite a low dose of DXM (75-100mg orally in the form of robo max strength cough syrup) and pretty much found myself essentially f***d up for the next 3 days? Note that I weighed around 47kg (103 pounds) at the time. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or if anyone knows why? I've heard it could have something to do with the effectiveness of an enzyme which converts the DXM - but I haven't really found a proper explanation for this. I've also heard this same enzyme breaks down MDMA (which I haven't done before), and since that's a drug that I could potentially be trying in the future I would be interested if anyone knows anything about that and if I should be taking it in a lower dose or not at all? Anyways - my full DXM experience is below but don't bother reading it if you don't feel you need to. Paragraphs are each day.

I took it at around 7pm having eaten dinner at about 5. Realised I was beginning to feel effects a while later when I tried to walk around and experienced 'drippy' feeling and distorted vision. Started to feel very sick after a few hours and vomited once - was feeling very sick and bad so I went to bed to try to sleep it off. I vomited at least once more in the night but the experience was quite disorienting and I can't remember details.

I threw up again when I woke up in the morning, still feeling high and drippy when I walked around. I went to bed and stared at the ceiling for a few hours getting some cool colour/pattern light visuals. When I waved my arm in front of my face it left trails in the air - like freeze frames. I was really tired and stayed in bed/couldn't eat a lot but did drink water. I was still feeling just as high by the end of the day and was starting to worry a little. Went to bed hoping to sleep it off.

The next day was pretty much the same, but slightly more visuals and slightly less pronounced high. I was able to eat and was supposed to go to work but couldn't.

I woke up on the third morning still experiencing some visuals, and the high had faded more. I was still unable to work (partially due to exhaustion, partially because my body still felt weird and I couldn't walk straight) The body high feeling faded further throughout the day.

By the next morning the visuals were gone and I was almost completely functional aside from exhaustion. My sense of smell/awareness of surroundings had returned and I noticed that I hadn't showered since I had taken the robo and that my whole house (especially bedroom) stank of sweet cherry vanilla (GROSS). I was way too tired/hungover to go to work.

Looks like you have a mutation of an enzyme you need to metabolize the DXM.
I have the same and got high off of one lozenge.
Always do an allergy test, before taking a new drug.

^This. A particular percent of people does not metabolize DXM well, hence the need to do an allergy test. Be glad you didn't take more and better avoid DXM from now on.
The same thing happened to a friend of mine a few years ago, but he took 450mg and was tripping for about one week....not fun.