• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Durogesic withdrawal- coming off with Buprenorphin

Mirub123

Greenlighter
Im 38 years old and taking durogesic 1 year long 50mcg-75mcg is taking me 1 Day . I cut it and put in under my tounge.
Now I like to quit , I’m from Kosovo and here they don’t have detox hospital, only Methadon Program, put I don’t like to take Methadon. I have a package Subutex from Maqedonia 8 mg, 28 tab.
Can somebody tell me how many mg to I need to take not to me sick and take less and less and quit.
I hope somebody help me here and tell me what to to.
Thank you.11503

Wait till you feel sick, the longer you wait the better it will work. Looks like you have subutex as opposed to suboxone which in my opinion works better at least for me. There’s no naloxone in the subutex but you will still get precipitated withdrawals if taken to early .
The earliest should be 24 hours from last dose eventho fentanyl has a short half life .
I would start with 1 or 2mg wait an hour or so and see how you feel . If you still feel sick then take another 2mg and so in till you feel ok.
For some people like me it can take a week or so for you to stabilize on the subutex so don’t be surprised if you don’t feel %100 for the first week .
What’s your plan with these pills do you want to take them all and just taper down or do a quick 5 day taper ? You have a good amount of pills to go different routes . Don’t forget bupe is very strong and some people can get by with .25mg a day.

Wait till you feel sick, the longer you wait the better it will work. Looks like you have subutex as opposed to suboxone which in my opinion works better at least for me. There’s no naloxone in the subutex but you will still get precipitated withdrawals if taken to early .
The earliest should be 24 hours from last dose eventho fentanyl has a short half life .
I would start with 1 or 2mg wait an hour or so and see how you feel . If you still feel sick then take another 2mg and so in till you feel ok.
For some people like me it can take a week or so for you to stabilize on the subutex so don’t be surprised if you don’t feel %100 for the first week .
What’s your plan with these pills do you want to take them all and just taper down or do a quick 5 day taper ? You have a good amount of pills to go different routes . Don’t forget bupe is very strong and some people can get by with .25mg a day.

First what is 5 day taper?
I like not to try to take all the Buprenorphine 28 tab. I like to try little pit and then less and less.
What is your idea what to to. Can make you me a plan how to take it . I’m scare to take all and then I’m will have withdrawal from Buprenorphin?

U think it’s good to wait 36 hrs after the last Fentanyl and then 2 mg subutex

36 hours should be more then enough time but again just listen to your body . The longer you wait the better it will work . In my experience the first dose is the most important one . Even if I take it after 48 hours but I’m still not sick as I should be. I won’t get precipitated withdrawals but I also won’t get the relief I crave and sometimes that causes me to relapse . If I time it correctly I can stabilize and feel good on day 2 as opposed to day 5.
There’s a lot of blue lighters here with a lot of bike experience and can set up a perfect taper plan for you . If your looking to get off as quick as possible then you for sure do not need 28 tabs .
I think you should create your taper plan after you find out if dosing 2mg once for your whole first day is sufficient and go from there . We can’t create a taper plan til you know what you are going to start with .
A five day taper would like something like
8mg first day
6 2nd
Atleast that’s how it is in detox but that’s nit necessarily the most pleasurable way . There’s a good one by robert325 I forget which forum he used to post on but google his screen name and his taper will come up . I believe it’s a 21 day taper from start to finish and it works best for people coming off a full agonist like fentanyl as opposed to people trying to taper off subs.
I think it’s a good and smart idea to do what your doing as opposed to maintenance cuz subs are very hard to come off of . But if you feel like you will relapse if you get off then I always say the sub life is for sure better then the dope/fentanyl life . You can use this as your taper thread and chime in on when you start and how your feeling and others will give you good suggestions .
You will get thru this ??