Dumbest advice/things you've heard related to lifting?

So you don't think someone can get to a 400lb bench naturally? I think you're the ignorant one here. Your equation would have someone who is 150lbs benching 262lbs. That's strong but hardly unheard of. Some guys are just naturally strong. Maybe he's on juice, maybe not, but why do you care so much? Most people that are aren't going to admit it to some stranger. It's not like he owes you any explanation.

Oh, and you seem like an absolute joy to be around. :\

Few naturals can lift 315+ lbs for one proper rep on the bench press, excluding those naturals who weigh a lot themselves. You won't see a 5'10 180 lbs man pressing three plates before seeing three dozen weight training compatriots of a similar build struggling to assist their workout partners perform 'leaned over deadlifts' as they stare down the curvy hook-protrusions from some plank supported apparatus.

It doesn't happen. For a natural to bench press double body weight is a feat I have to see to believe. I wouldn't countenance the enormous lower back inversion unless I were to see it live. I'm sure everyone would stand in awe of the back arching technical ability. It would be worthy of an olympic competition if the gymnasts hadn't beat the real men to the punch.

Just imagine. If it were easy for an average 180 lb man to bench press 315 lbs one time, wouldn't that make a mockery of the word "elite?" Because, if you look at it, one or two more reps is considered elite.

The personal trainer who credited genetics to his freakish strength weighed no more than 185-190 lbs and he performed three good repetitions at 335 lbs. That means he's extraordinarily proficient in the exercise. How proficient?

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/strong-strength-standards-raw-natural-lifters

He only needs to lose 5-7 lbs to contend for national records in several drug free powerlifting organizations.

I use myself as an example. I can deadlift anywhere from 435-475 lbs at a natural body weight of 148-156. I consider myself extremely gifted in this exercise because I have the dimensions in my favor such as long arms and powerful spine and brute strength from a compact center of gravity.

I would have to add about 100 lbs to my deadlift to reach national drug free records. It's feasible because I truly believe I am built with the unusual combination of factors that produces incredibly channeled brute strength from breaking the floor from the massive weight and using my body between to separate the two. However, I would have to give up other exercises and focus on refining my deadlift through thousands of repetitions. At that, it's known that marginal strength gains which separate great strength from spectacular strength take slow, painstaking programming.

The fact of the matter is if 51% of driver's rate themselves as better than average drivers, someone is confused. You can serenade this analogy all over the fuzzy thinking and brouhaha with fabricating and exaggerating and metastasizing the bro do you even lift fantasy.

Few naturals can lift 315+ lbs for one proper rep on the bench press, excluding those naturals who weigh a lot themselves. You won't see a 5'10 180 lbs man pressing three plates before seeing three dozen weight training compatriots of a similar build struggling to assist their workout partners perform 'leaned over deadlifts' as they stare down the curvy hook-protrusions from some plank supported apparatus.

Just because your average gym goer is clueless as far as training doesn't mean everyone is, and like I said some people are just naturally strong. I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to believe that.

It doesn't happen. For a natural to bench press double body weight is a feat I have to see to believe.

Well I guess if you ever do you're just going to scream "Steroids!!!" anyways. :\

I wouldn't countenance the enormous lower back inversion unless I were to see it live. I'm sure everyone would stand in awe of the back arching technical ability. It would be worthy of an olympic competition if the gymnasts hadn't beat the real men to the punch.

What are you even on about? You type like you're autistic. You're supposed to arch when you bench unless you want to shred your shoulders to fuck. Even a bodybuilding style bench is slightly arched.

I use myself as an example. I can deadlift anywhere from 435-475 lbs at a natural body weight of 148-156. I consider myself extremely gifted in this exercise because I have the dimensions in my favor such as long arms and powerful spine and brute strength from a compact center of gravity.

When it's you it's because you're gifted, but anyone else it must be ROIDS!!! Got it.

I would have to add about 100 lbs to my deadlift to reach national drug free records. It's feasible because I truly believe I am built with the unusual combination of factors that produces incredibly channeled brute strength from breaking the floor from the massive weight and using my body between to separate the two. However, I would have to give up other exercises and focus on refining my deadlift through thousands of repetitions. At that, it's known that marginal strength gains which separate great strength from spectacular strength take slow, painstaking programming.

So you could reach natural drug free records but have a bunch of excuses on why you won't basically.

The fact of the matter is if 51% of driver's rate themselves as better than average drivers, someone is confused. You can serenade this analogy all over the fuzzy thinking and brouhaha with fabricating and exaggerating and metastasizing the bro do you even lift fantasy.

hqdefault.jpg

Well that escalated quickly. Whats with the bashing fellow humans?

By the way that name calling reminded me of Monty Python's Holy Grail.

KvbVhUw.gif

Relax guys. This thread is meant to be light hearted and comical.

I challenge you to beat me in any of the four major compound lifts. Let's post the videos and see who can substantiate their blabber with actions. You can start with the deadlift. I lifted 435 lbs in last video, so you're welcome to post your one rep max; I don't care if you weigh more are taller or fatter; you have no clue what you're talking about. It's all but certain my totals will eclipse yours by 100-200 lbs, even if you have a weight advantage. Case closed.

Deadlift, Squat, Military Press, Bench Press.

I assure you I won't take any performance enhancing drugs... those I have taken did clear out of my system since it's been 3 months and I look like a slightly more muscular, chubbier version of my 16 year old self.

[Mod-Edit.. You've previously been warned, and given a ban, You are again treading a very fine line]

You have strong opinions young man, have you ever considered they might not be correct..?

I now reside in a very small seaside town in New Zealand, our gym is basic by most standards, the local schoolboy rugby team train here regularly, their ages range from 14-16.. Out of about 10-15 individuals, 2 show true dedication, and it shows, they train hard, and always turn up, when their friends are out hitting the local bar..

They are capable of lifting weights similar to your own, I can assure you they don't have access to exogenous hormones, just hard work, dedication, and genetics..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't dislike the guy personally. We must convey our ideas with a bit of vigor sometimes.

I love challenges! Especially when I'm sitting in the bleachers!

I honestly don't know the last time I worried about weight. I just focus on the quality of the contraction and have always practiced more of eccentric failure ideology before I drop the weight substantially and begin the process over again.

I wouldn't be a good competitor considering I haven't done a barbell bench press or a military press in ages. I know saying this would make me fall into the puss category, but I have terrible shoulders! Development is fine, but function is mediocre. Just raising my arms out in front of me and straightening them sounds like someone grinding their teeth to the point of destruction.

You know besides defacing some perfectly good sausage and constant prepubescent like name calling, we actually have a friendly competition!!!

I challenge you to beat me in any of the four major compound lifts. Let's post the videos and see who can substantiate their blabber with actions. You can start with the deadlift. I lifted 435 lbs in last video, so you're welcome to post your one rep max; I don't care if you weigh more are taller or fatter; you have no clue what you're talking about. It's all but certain my totals will eclipse yours by 100-200 lbs, even if you have a weight advantage. Case closed.

Hahaha... How did this turn into a dick measuring contest? I have nothing to prove. I was merely calling you out on saying a bunch of bullshit that simply is not true. Whether I'm stronger than you or you're stronger than me is irrelevant.

I assure you I won't take any performance enhancing drugs... those I have taken did clear out of my system since it's been 3 months and I look like a slightly more muscular, chubbier version of my 16 year old self.

Who cares?

You are hereby given your summons. Failure to appear in court of public opinion with your response video(s) will result in unanimous verdict of guilty via your expert testimony given credence by your PhD in ass f**kery.

Given my summons? Yeah, ok lol. Tell me how exactly me posting videos of me lifting is going to prove to you that people are capable of bench pressing 1.5x-1.75x of their bodyweight naturally? You're really losing it mang, maybe you should take a break from the interwebz before you have a nervous breakdown.

YouMad.jpg

Lol ^ I said friendly competition. I know friendly has a lot of different meanings, but I guess penis measurement comparison would be a friendly gesture in some parts of the world..?

I'll start the competition for you guys...

Here is my deadlift from 5 minutes ago. Ignore the fact that it says Ronnie Coleman. That is one of my many aliases I use. I am Caucasian, but the contrast on the camera must have been low. I don't know who that dude behind me is, but he is always slapping my back offering deep tissue massages. I find it flattering.

There is no competition... He's just butthurt that he's wrong about something and the only thing he can do is resort to challenging me to some e-powerlifting meet. lol

Strong deadlift btw.

There is no competition... He's just butthurt that he's wrong about something and the only thing he can do is resort to challenging me to some e-powerlifting meet. lol

Strong deadlift btw.

Lol. Most definitely.

There is another video with him doing some astronomical leg press and he says something along the lines of, "That natural strength right there!" Giggles for days.

Lol. Most definitely.

There is another video with him doing some astronomical leg press and he says something along the lines of, "That natural strength right there!" Giggles for days.

What? I thought that was you? Either way I actually have a video of me in the gym just goofing around a bit. I'm the guy with the huge arms...

I was trolling hopefully to improve the mood this thread is residing in. Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion regardless if it is perceived as illogical or completely contradictive to an individual's own personal understanding. Senseless bigotry isn't really helpful to anyone. I wouldn't see the point to calling out information and not being able to provide a access to sources to clearly state a promising contradiction. It isn't really constructive on either part of the field. Name calling and elementary back and forth antics can make the section seem unfriendly to newer members or even lurkers just scanning through for the joy of reading.

Considering the topic of this thread it was really only a matter of time before some launched their own fecal matter into the fan and caused a chain reaction of apathetic individuals just trying to find more ways to demean another member(s).

Last edited: