• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

DUDE-- stop lookin' at the mirror!

I dont really ever look at myself in the mirror unless I'm about to leave the house or if someone else will be seeing me. I don't really give a crap what I look like if I'm by myself.

^ I simply enjoy looking at myself because its interesting, not to assure that I'm looking 'at my best' for other people. Don't you find your physical self interesting enough to warrant your attention? Everybody should... this whole life thing, ya know, is pretty interesting.

I look in the mirror every chance i get, reminds me that im a sexy mofo. I think its important to be self confident, and seeing a refection of myself seems to help with that. Especially when im nervous, looking at myself in the mirror gives me a little self pep talk, kind of a "dont be a bitch, you can do this" moment.

Look in the mirror and repeatedly say "who am I, who I am" eventually you wont know who you are.

^ I'm no spiritual guru, but I believe that may in fact, hold a solid amount of spiritual validity! For example, the meditative mantra "I am, I am, I am..." that originated from the mantra "Ohm" due to it's similar sound/meaning, has a bit of a correlation to the statement you just made. For example, when a person says "I am" repeatedly, they eventuality get into what is called the discontinuity, or the space between our conscious thoughts. While in this particular state, you are no longer thinking about anything. You do not think "I am _______<---insert name here", or "I am a _____<---insert occupation or hobby here". By merely meditating and saying a mantra, you will not think of who you are at all. Your indentity becomes encompassed in the discontinuity until the meditation has ended. With that said, I could honestly see how you could come up with such a statement! TBPF, certain meditative techniques actually do ask you to ask yourself who you are first, and eventually progress into losing the ego. Rather interesting thought, though. Makes me wonder if you have any experience meditating that could have perhaps affected your subconscious mind.
2yw8tw7.gif

Last edited:
I look at myself in a mirror numerous times a day. I'm not vain, but I am paranoid about having food in my teeth, snot hanging out my nose, my eyebrows being ruffled, my make-up being smeared, my hair being askew etc etc etc, and of other people seeing that and thinking poorly of me. So I'm always looking in the mirror to check that everything's in order.

throughout the week, ^ this. i get really concerned about grinning with lettuce in my teeth or ink on my face. also, the building i work in is all reflective, so i often check myself out walking, mainly to make sure i don't look like a tard.

if it's on the weekend or i'm sickly and the only person that's going to see scary, make-up-less, greasy Fawkes is my boyfriend, i'll probably only check whenever i venture into the bathroom or pass the mirror in our bedroom.

QUESTION: does anyone else have a face they make when they look in the mirror? like when i was younger, i used to flare my nostrils because i think somehow it made me look prettier. (i quit doing it after i saw how silly i looked doing it in photos.) i thought i was the only one that did this until i noticed my boyfriend pouts his lips anytime he looks at his reflection - i call it his "Zoolander". :D

This might sound really stupid, but I literally look in the mirror NUMEROUS times a day mostly to check on my beard. I kind of watch it's progression and keep it from getting TOO out of control. Outside of that, I look in my beard to either convince myself I'm actually pretty good looking or question why people like my ugly face. Depends on how shitty or good I look that day and how I feel about myself at the time. :)

Mirrors are powerful

How long have you gone without looking at yourself in the mirror?

How many times a day do you look into a mirror?

I have mirrors above my bed....so I guess I look in the mirror a lot. J/k

I don't find myself attractive...dunno why...but some people do.

I don't often look in a mirror either. When I wash my hands after going to the bathroom I stare at the wall. I mean I could look at the mirror but the wall is just way more interesting.

I am of the age when every single time I look in the mirror I get a shock. What?? That's me? Looks suspiciously like my grandmothers!When did that happen?=D My solution is one quick reality check in the morning (yep, all wrinkles there and accounted for; one big sigh allowed) and then on with the day.

2/3 a day mainly to check if there's no gunk up my nose and put my contacts in. Oh and occasional shaving.