• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

DUDE-- stop lookin' at the mirror!

hoopyfrood

Bluelighter
How often do you guys look in the mirror? I'm afraid to count how many times I've looked in the mirror today.

Every time I'm in the bathroom I look at myself in the mirror.

How often do you guys look in the mirror? I'm afraid to count how many times I've looked in the mirror today.

Are you just curious as to how many times other people look in the mirror or do you think you have a problem? :\

I look in the mirror daily, as i have one in my room,bathroom even the lounge room and kitchen have one. If i had to guess the amount of times i looked, it would probably be in the high hundreds..dunno tbh.

Or if it's not curiosity it could be BDD.

I used to carry a make up mirror..... but I never wore make p ;)

Seriously, whenever I go to the bathroom I suppose.
And when I'm driving I use my mirrors in the car =D

I hate mirrors, because i identify with my reflection as soon as i see it.. and it makes it harder to 'just be me'.. because i'll usually find some flaw with my physical appearance. So i try my best to avoid them, but usually whenever im in the bathroom i'll use the mirror.

I reckon I don't have any more of a "problem" with it than anyone else does (though I do it a lot). I'm more just curious how often and for what reasons people look in the mirror.

like today, I danced in front of the mirror... multiple times.

I also talk to myself in the mirror sometimes (don't worry, not in a schizophrenic way... >.>)...

I suppose that because I live in a small room (with a somewhat large mirror), I look in the mirror a lot. So I'm fairly conscious of how often I look in the mirror now.

Look in the mirror and repeatedly say "who am I, who I am" eventually you wont know who you are.

^^ Huh?? Sorry but I've never had that thought when looking in the mirror for prolonged periods of time :)

I look at myself in a mirror numerous times a day. I'm not vain, but I am paranoid about having food in my teeth, snot hanging out my nose, my eyebrows being ruffled, my make-up being smeared, my hair being askew etc etc etc, and of other people seeing that and thinking poorly of me. So I'm always looking in the mirror to check that everything's in order. Maybe it's a female thing, maybe I'm just insecure about my appearance, maybe it's a combination of both :)

But how will you not know how you are, I mean in what context.

I suppose it depends on your beliefs in some ways but I've always thought there's more to me than skin & bone. Ever changing within and out, it is an interesting idea though.

I used to and still do picture how other people see me. It could be whilst I'm walking down the street or talking to somebody etc etc...... imagine that you are able to projection yourself outside your body and look at yourself from the outside. It's always an odd thing.

I'm pretty sure it's something I've done from a young age but was amplified a number of years ago on a heavy trip where I had an out of body experience of sorts and was looking at myself from about 10 feet away where I was sort of floating in there staring back down at myself.
The experience itself left a fairly profound impact on me.

Maybe its just me then, I seriously can loose who I am when I do this. Its like I dont recognise the person I see. Like the reflection is just another re incarnation of my soul, but the first incarnation is the one I am.

I used to that on high doses of MDA and it would do my head in to the point I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore because it confused me to the point that I didn't know who I was anymore until I simply looked away from the mirror.

I probably look at myself in the mirror half a dozen times a day at the most.

Had an aversion to mirrors ever since I took a trip that turned sour. 8) I've gotten over it for the most part, but I typically don't look at myself in the mirror more than a handful of times in a day--There's no need to since I've quit worrying so much about if my hair's out of place... I don't wear makeup, so there's no reason to look for that... I do check for stuff in between my teeth after eating only 'cause it happens frequently...

I used to that on high doses of MDA and it would do my head in to the point I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore because it confused me to the point that I didn't know who I was anymore until I simply looked away from the mirror.

The first time I did it I was on MDMA - when I did it I had a real weird feeling that I'd never been the same again. I guess its one of those drug moments that stays with you forever.

I usually look at my reflection whenever there's a mirror or a reflective piece of glass around. It's never to be like ooo look at my sexy ass, it's more along the lines of do I look good? How's my face look? Is my shirt crooked?

When I used to dose a lot of lucy I could stare at myself for hours and just watch my face slowly melt or cave in. It was a trip

I don't look at mirrors, they look at me. Schhhhhhmokinnnnn! :D

Try it.

Your just looking at skin and bone, who are you beyond that?

Every time I look in the mirror (and try to see myself as "what I really am") I always think this: wow, would you just look at that... skin, bones, muscles, blood and a huge mesh of other organisms working collectively to form one, coherent entity. Isn't that absolutely amazing? Millions of years of evolution, and clumps of inanimate matter here and there smashed together to make THIS. Then I look down at my the top of my chest muscles, resting on either side of my sternum, which smoothly slides around my shoulder muscles. Everything has a purpose in my body, and it carries this task out PERFECTLY, without flaw or hesitation, for a little less than a century before it shrivels up and dies, withered from the harsh realities of the universe.

It's at those moments where I don't worry about deadlines, what this person thought of me or why I'm not productive, sheerly because of the god-found awe that I have over the human body, the dog eat dog world, and the vast, heartless, gutless, spineless universe. You're right, all we are is a pile of skin and bones. And we're absolutely amazing.

so yeah... I spend a few minutes in the mirror now and then doing that, too.

^ You have an excellent mind on your shoulders my friend. Good thinkin' :)