• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dude help me out

@Gurthmonger

You know why weed can be a bitch to overcome? I use it for arthritis and the worse the weather the more I need MJ. But using it medically carries a price in that my appetite is completely shot to shit without weed. My sleep isn't affected, I usually only get 1-2 hours at a time whether sober, high or drunk. And CHS is an ever present worry.

Manning up is not leaving my house unless I'm completely sober to drive and/or work. Manning up is putting up without what you need to get through the day.

It's the weekend and I don't have to go outside (the temperature hit -30C overnight and it's quite painful to go out). I'll stay inside, put up with a bit of pain (yeah I'm a pussy for pain, tough shit) and 'man up' as you put it..

Am I spoiled? Yeah I am; I don't have to worry about getting prosecuted for weed.

OP; I do hope things work out for you. I haven't got anything more to tell you because it would probably evolve into legal issues (I'm not a lawyer) or how to reduce the likelihood of getting busted on a drug test (and that's forbidden here).

Tom

never though id admit to this but i relapsed on weed last month bought some and didnt intent to smoke but im 19 and have not smoked for 4 and half years was clean off opiates for a year and half too. got back on opiates and hated weed i just would get drunk and use it cause i realize im 19 now and i can go to headshops and buy the newer medical and dab shit. i can control my opiate use not my weed use though.

OP, I've noticed that for any w/d or cessation of use, regardless of whether its nicotine, cannabis, opioids, or benzos (or even caffeine, lol) the sufferer will usually make the upcoming experience a bigger deal than it really ends up being. It's only uncomfortable if you're thinking about it.

In the last two decades I've alternately smoked weed all day every day, and taken weeks off without even noticing. I get that everyone is different, but the less a big deal you make out of it, the less of a big deal it'll be.

Like many people said below, man up. You can do it.

OP, I have been through similar circumstances and I've found that taking up a hobby that you have a strong interest in and requires constant man-hours, such as music, and you keep it up everyday, the need to smoke decreases slowly.

Just quit. It's all in your head.
Ditto,

Pot is a mental thing, I quit and I smoked it for over 30yrs, if it was a physical addiction then it would have been really bad to try and kick it. I'm not sure if you smoke cigarettes but I do and I think that made it easier to quit pot, I am not recommending you to pick up the cigarettes habit/addiction. Good Luck

I'm just a very depressed person, no friends, no money, nothing, girl of 5 years broke up with me and I literally never have anyone to talk to now, companies filing law suits on me, 2 court dates coming up, life's a disaster right now and I can't get out of this dark hole.
Sorry that people here are giving you a hard time. You might want to put "Gurthmonger" on ignore. That's the nastiest troll I've ever seen.

It sounds like you may have burned a few bridges. You sound like someone I know who's going through the same things. If you have any sympathetic family members, that might be a place to start. Even if they're not sympathetic now, they might be if you indicated that you really want some help.

Drugs and alcohol have a way of changing one's personality - even if it's 'just' marijuana. You could really use some help and support right now. Jibult is right - exercise helps a body (and mind) heal. Excellent nutrition helps a lot too. Since you are so thin, you are probably also malnourished. Your brain needs certain nutritional molecules to function well, just like your car needs gas, oil and water all in the correct places in order to run.

If there's no family members that could help, you might mention to the judge that you need help to get your life back on track. Judges sometimes have enough decency to try to help. You say 'no' to rehab or classes, but that's probably what the judge will suggest. Anyway, it's better than jail.

#1 You don't have a problem with drugs as much as you have a problem with reality. That is why you can't seem to stay clean & sober.

#2 Ignore that guy who is coming down on you hard and being a dick. My college rommate was addicted to cannabis. I saw his mood change when his dealer was out of town. This was back in Chicago in the 90s so there was no medical shops to go to. Although rare, mj addiction and withdrawl is real, I've seen it first hand. My roomate probably also had mental issues also, but I knew him before he started smoking and he was a completely different dude. You might be in that 5% of people that should probably just stay away from drugs altogether.

First, addiction comes from shame so ignore anyone who is trying to make you feel ashamed of who you are and any issue you may have. Everyone has issues, you're not a worse person for your issues. Secondly, like someone above mentioned, stay active. If I get really excited about something I'm working on, I don't even think about smoking weed because I see it as something that slows me down. The problem isn't weed or you, it's that you're not feeling excited about your life. But luckily, that's something that can be fixed. Besides weed, if you could have anything in your life right now, what would it be? Now what's the first step you can take toward achieving it? It doesn't have to be a million dollars, it can be a cup of coffee and a donut from up the street. Set goals, take action, and watch your need for weed decrease.