Dubstep

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people that cannot FEEL this music, try it on some pure mdma or real clean pills.

sorry, but if you need drugs to FEEL music, especially this kind of music, you need to switch your style up.

im tryin' to get into this music. i've heard some sick work, but i just can't penetrate it. :(

any recs. ?

btw, heres the setlist...

01 : Forensics – Exile ft. Indi Kaur
02 : Vaccine – Atrium (Phaeleh remix)
03 : Phaeleh – Lounge
04 : Gyu – Unknowable
05 : Sub Swara – Koli Stance
06 : Sharmaji ft. DJ Boo – Skank Ethics
07 : Time – Orb
08 : Cyrus – Heroes
09 : Diefenbach – Up to your neck (2000F remix)
10 : Gyu – Bust
11 : J.Sparrow – Little Green Men
12 : Time – Dead Man’s Step
13 : Blackmass Plastics – Pandemic
14 : Blackmass Plastics – Static Charge

dubstep is huge in nyc. skream was just here a while back, it was crazy. i am really picky about it, but i love the real hard stuff. anyone know the track (i think its by superisk, but i dont know) that has the rage against the machine sample "Freedom! Yah Right!" in it?

I went to Dub War at Avalon in NYC, spring 2006... Even then, the club was packed tight with dubstep heads... These days there are even more events and venues hosting this sort of music. i honestly didn't expect it to grow and expand and evolve the way it has (i guess i was expecting it to be the sort of short-lived phenomenon here in NYC that 2-step and garage were for a short while a few years ago... or perhaps i speak too soon. ;) )

A lickle spammy for my dubstep label

112.jpg

Artist: Phaeleh
Fire (feat. Ngaio) / Isolate
Format: Vinyl
Release Date: Feb 23rd, 2009
Distributed by: Z-Audio
Cat #: STNSN001

Bristol producer and Urban Scrumping label head Phaeleh graces the first Surface Tension vinyl release with enough melody, flavor and sub-bass for everyone.

Starting off the A side with "Fire", vocalist Ngaio throws down some soulful vocals over a dancefloor-smashing bassline that envelops you in sonic warmth and seismic wub. Ostensibly halfstep beats are given momentum by the bassline and the cut up breaks underpinning it all. You will be singing this one to yourself for WEEKS. Promise.

Flip it over for "Isolate", a more chilled tune with melodic string bits and ambient vocals washing over solid bass drops. Spacious sounds and textures meld together for a decidedly melodic and musical take on the dubstep sound.

"Phaeleh's music - and I use the word "music" purposefully, not "beats" or "tunes" - is quite really some of the best unsigned stuff I've heard this year." - Christine Vaccine (Hotflush)

" 'Fire' went over BIG [at Sub Swara]. Pretty much the tune that turned the night into a party." - Sharmaji (Sub Swara / Soul Motive)

Clips in the player at http://www.surfacetensionrecs.com / Also peep the blog for more artist/release info: http://blog.surfacetensionrecs.com/

Available @ Chemical, Boomkat, Uptown,
Red Eye, Juno,
Triple Vision, BM-Soho,
Breakbeat Science,
Suburban Trash, Hard To Find and Drop

Brap! Digital buyers...your time!

Out at: Juno Download and Addictech!

More soon come! :D

Last edited:
:D < mmmmmmm spam

it's a dubstep record. i figured in the dubstep thread was the place for it to be. or i can just post a mix with the tune, which is essentially a big spam casserole.

however you want it. ;)

112.jpg

Artist: Phaeleh
Fire (feat. Ngaio) / Isolate
Format: Vinyl
Release Date: Feb 23rd, 2009
Distributed by: Z-Audio
Cat #: STNSN001

Bristol producer and Urban Scrumping label head Phaeleh graces the first Surface Tension vinyl release with enough melody, flavor and sub-bass for everyone.

Starting off the A side with "Fire", vocalist Ngaio throws down some soulful vocals over a dancefloor-smashing bassline that envelops you in sonic warmth and seismic wub. Ostensibly halfstep beats are given momentum by the bassline and the cut up breaks underpinning it all. You will be singing this one to yourself for WEEKS. Promise.

Ooooofph that's deep :) Liking this muchly

I just like seeing you around here DJ Shiva.

I always look forward to listening to your new mixes, etc.

I'm loving Joker, to think the guy is only 19, he's got a bright future ahead of him.

I've come to the conclusion my cat loves dubstep. He never comes into my room to sleep normally, but whenever I play dubstep he comes and sleeps on my bed, if I stop playing it he leaves within 15 minutes or so. It's so weird. I was just blasting Akira Kiteshi's "pinball" before and he came running into my room. How cool is that.

big up bay area dubstep massive.

get a copy of b.a.d. volume 2 if you havent already.

stuff i've been listening to lately:
babylon system
south3rn
riskotheque
antiserum
kozee
DZ
rusko
djunya
starkey
nero
blackheart
marlow
loefah

::bassface::

Dubsteeeep

Hey, long time browser, first time poster in this forum.

Who's a dubstep fan? For too long I was critical of this genre, without laying forth any volition to spend time listening to it. Noise, I called it. I gave it a chance, and hell, I'm hooked. Good sub + some good dubstep :D

Check out Caspa.

Give me some more recommendations. I've ran into far more terrible dubstep than I have enjoyable.

HELL YES DUBSTEP

Check out Heyoka as well as Pacheko

Also check out:

Ebola: Mutant Dubstep 1
Cardopusher: Mutant Dubstep 2

Status
Not open for further replies.