Dubstep

Status
Not open for further replies.
FORSRS guys. i have been listening to this stuff way too much. my life has a bassline now. i'm always on edge, waiting for it to drop. i was in guitar center today and someone dropped a bass guitar while it was amped up and it made a big BWONG sound i was like SIIIIICCCKKKKKK

forsrs v 2.

chill dubstep.

mt eden
pretty lights
vaccine
spaceape
kode9

quiet night ahead

Pretty Lights play dubstep? Really? 8o

Pretty Lights play dubstep? Really? 8o

No no no I was mistaken I guess. More specifically, their music is the product of digital sampling and crosses many genres, forming a combination of "glitchy hip-hop beats, buzzing synth lines, and vintage funk and soul samples, sometimes grime. Pretty Lights' sound is generated by synthesizing samples and organic beats using the monome and the Akai MPD32. Pretty Lights uses these digital controllers to program the music production software Ableton Live 8.

Let me just fix that..

This thread is just covered in shitty brostep.

Real dubstep;
Mount Kimbie, Burial, Clubroot, Hyetal, Pariah and Scuba. Check that shit out and explode.

I really really dislike the dubstep I have heard...

Alot of it sounds like reggae-dub with all the things that make reggae dub interesting removed... it definately seems targeted towards the "stoner" crowd (as that cartoon above seems to illustrate)... I have heard a few tracks but most of the stuff makes me want to yawn, all the dubstep fans i know babble about the crazy "sub-bass/ultralow" sounds and such... silly shit it seems, maybe I haven't heard the right stuff...

^^lightshows!!!!

my 2 fave songs:)

Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites - Skrillex
Kill Everybody - Skrillex

This thread is just covered in shitty brostep.

Real dubstep;
Mount Kimbie, Burial, Clubroot, Hyetal, Pariah and Scuba. Check that shit out and explode.]

I just listened to a track each from the above, or rather I started a track each but didn't manage a whole track because none of them had what I look for in a dubstep tune. No energy, no danger, no balls.

Completely underwhelmed by the lot of them - please don't tell me they're British (they're not are they?)

Last edited:
I just listened to a track each from the above, or rather I started a track each but didn't manage a whole track because none of them had what I look for in a dubstep tune. No energy, no danger, no balls.

Completely underwhelmed by the lot of them - please don't tell me they're British (they're not are they?)

Not everyone makes shitty noise like you, bro. You should just stick to being a wigger. They are all British.

I agree with hoodrichgmoney, this thread is covered in shitty brostep. However the examples you posted are a bit too 2-step/ambient/out there for these trogs.

lol you don't even know what dubstep is, clearly...."no danger, no balls" - it sounds like you want a transsexual tbh imo.

The whole bro-step vs post-dubstep argument is kind of entertaining. I like the way it brings out people's values to be plainly measured alongside and compared with one another.

Arguments against post-dubstep: it's pretentious, has no balls.
Arguments against bro-step: it's stupid jock noise, lacks creativity.

I think people should probably read this wiki article on post-dubstep. It offers quite a good explanation. And might even show why the term "post-dubstep" is a bit misleading. Some people believe that the new direction that dubstep took on with "bro-step" (lead by the likes of Rusko) was against the original ideals of dubstep. So, bro-step would actually be the "post-dubstep". Where as the genre currently known as post-dubstep, is actually the one trying to return the genre to it's roots (which, as a step in this process, involves adding more experimentation... confusing huh?)

Good dubstep would be Excision,datsik,Liquid stranger,downlink. Artist like skream and rusko blow i dont get how they are so fucking popular there music is so simple and boring its the guys you dont here much about like the ones i mentioned its realy dark heavy shit that make my ears bleed of course this is just my opionion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.