• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dry Pot = Best Edibles

MadDokK

Greenlighter
Full disclosure - I'm not a huge pot smoker. This story actually originates from the last time I made brownies which was about eight years ago. My friend warned me that the weed was really dry but I didn't care because I wasn't smoking it. I made an 8" pie pan and cut it into 12 pieces. Eating one piece literally knocked me out for hours. It was close to my step brother's birthday so I gave him a piece. My step brother is the kind of guy that will ALWAYS downplay whatever he does to make him sound more seasoned - I'm sure you know the type. Even with this he raved about the brownie and said he'd never been so high in his life. Eight years later..... it clicked.

THC is oil soluble. Any moisture in the leaves is going to repel the oil and keep it from absorbing the THC. I researched before writing this to make sure I wasn't spouting a now well-known fact... I see some bullshit about "decarboxylating" the cannabis which is new. I have a feeling it's total bullshit. I think what's really happening is people are completely drying the cannabis out which allows for better absorbtion into the oil. I'd love to see someone test the two to see if I'm full of shit or not. As stated, I'm completely unexperienced. Do you think there's anything to this?

Years ago when i have quantities of weed i made icebubble hash from too dry or weak weed.used the stems and all above ground parts except roots nothing was thrown in the garbage.The whole process last about 24 hours,but the result was really nice

"decarboxylating" the cannabis which is new. I have a feeling it's total bullshit

Try it yourself, my preffered method is simmering for a long time like 1 hour - 2 hours on a very low heat with butter , it will extract and make use of most of the cannabinoids, dose wisely it will kick like never before

Full disclosure - I'm not a huge pot smoker. This story actually originates from the last time I made brownies which was about eight years ago. My friend warned me that the weed was really dry but I didn't care because I wasn't smoking it. I made an 8" pie pan and cut it into 12 pieces. Eating one piece literally knocked me out for hours. It was close to my step brother's birthday so I gave him a piece. My step brother is the kind of guy that will ALWAYS downplay whatever he does to make him sound more seasoned - I'm sure you know the type. Even with this he raved about the brownie and said he'd never been so high in his life. Eight years later..... it clicked.

THC is oil soluble. Any moisture in the leaves is going to repel the oil and keep it from absorbing the THC. I researched before writing this to make sure I wasn't spouting a now well-known fact... I see some bullshit about "decarboxylating" the cannabis which is new. I have a feeling it's total bullshit. I think what's really happening is people are completely drying the cannabis out which allows for better absorbtion into the oil. I'd love to see someone test the two to see if I'm full of shit or not. As stated, I'm completely unexperienced. Do you think there's anything to this?
two things to unpack; 1) The idea that THC in moist weed somehow prevents extraction or bioavailability?
2) THCA + heat > THC. That’s decarboxylation. Those lovely little THCA diamonds decarboxylate when dabbed or smoked.

Tom

Yup more than likely higher THC to THCA ratio than you usually have.. Decarboxylation is legit and it’s how you make stupid potent edibles.

Another factoid I’ve learned from experimentation.. CBN is much stronger orally than smoked. Don’t ask me why.. Expecr to go out like a light. Dry weed has higher CBN too.

-GC

that ain' tno new bullshit mate that's how lighting up gets you stoned... decarboxylation is a fancy term to describe the process, happens whether you make edibles or smoke a spliff

Once my weed is decarbed and dissolved into an oil or butter, I prefer to use non-bake recipes or simply add it to food that has just been cooked. This assures accurate dosing that otherwise would not be possible.

wsztjpe.jpeg

Cbn increases at higher temperatures than other cannabinoids.

Before we knew the science of why, people used to put their jars near a winder with sunlight to cure(which isnt the best idea but it does increase cbn, but also makes your flower shittier)

There are many way to make edibles and control the dose.

But yes, Cbn can knock you on your ass