• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Drunk' man mauled to death by white tiger after leaping into its enclosure at Delhi

poledriver

Bluelighter
'Drunk' man mauled to death by white tiger after leaping into its enclosure at Delhi zoo

article-2766329-21985AE100000578-601_634x515.jpg

A man has been killed by an endangered tiger after allegedly jumping into its moat at an Indian zoo.
The man, named locally as Maqsood, is said to have been under the influence of alcohol when he climbed into the white tiger enclosure at New Delhi Zoo on Tuesday.
Witnesses say the 22-year-old entered the enclosure despite several attempts by zoo security to keep him from the tigers.

Once the man had jumped into the enclosure, the tiger grabbed him by the neck as terrified onlookers began throwing sticks and stones at the animal to try to save him.
Photos posted online of the attack show the tiger standing over the victim, who can be seen curled into a ball, trying to protect his head with his hands.

A witness said he raced to the enclosure after hearing screams, to see the victim locked in the tiger's jaws, ‘writhing badly in pain’.
‘Around 1.30pm, when we were in the reptiles area, we heard very loud screams,’ the witness told CNN-IBN news channel.
‘We saw that a white tiger had caught a boy by his neck and he was writhing badly in pain. He kept suffering for the next 10-15 minutes but nobody helped him.’

article-2766329-2198489700000578-388_634x423.jpg

Cont -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2766329/Indian-zoo-Tiger-killed-man-climbed-moat.html

Holy shit! What the fuck was the guy expecting though jumping into a tiger den?!? That he might get to pet a big kitty cat?!? People will probably use the excuse that he was drunk but that's a ridiculous excuse, IMO! I wouldn't fuck with a tiger ever, one of the most proficient killers in the world sober or with a .25 BA....

That tiger look like its thinking "and one of the worlds dumbest humans is about to die"

The stripes on that tiger are wicked.

Beautiful looking animal. Should be in the wild tho. I hope it doesnt get put down because of his crazy actions, I read in the article they have caged it for now (I think).

After spending a little time in captivity myself I no longer can or want to go to zoo's. The experience actually makes me a mildly physically ill.

^^haha seriously was thinking the same thing...even if he was really drunk what did HW think a 300+lb tiger would do? Curl up and nuZle and purr on you lol? Its sad the guy died, and I really hope they don't put down the tiger. Its endangered and was behaving instincually. It was doing tiger stuff.

Someone posted the video of it on FB, damn the guy gets dragged off by the tiger like a rag doll.

Hmm.

The tiger didn't really do anything for like two minutes. Except growl and hit him a little bit. Basically telling him to get out?

Hmm.

The tiger didn't really do anything for like two minutes. Except growl and hit him a little bit. Basically telling him to get out?
Cats play with their prey, if he'd try to run off, it would have chased him down. My cat does this with mice, won't kill them outright, will paw at them, sit there looking at the thing and chuck it about a bit before tearing it apart.

The last thing you want to do if you fall into a tiger pit is curl up into a ball. You gotta stand tall and not back down, just in case he's either a pussy or really friendly. Never get beneath a predator.

Later news stories are now reporting that he was "mentally ill" and perhaps not drunk. The man's actions resulted in his own death but I can't help thinking how horrible that last 10-15 minutes of his life must have been for him.
I fiind the idea of people posting the attack on youtube, FB, or wherever to be reprehensible and repugnant.

An inquiry is underway into the circumstances in which a young man with mental health problems was killed by a white tiger as it emerged zoo officials took more than 15 minutes to reach the scene of the incident. - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/world-new...-enclosure-30613472.html#sthash.y8NtANam.dpuf

Last edited:
I fiind the idea of people posting the attack on youtube, FB, or wherever to be reprehensible and repugnant.

Is it really so different from nature documentaries that show lions devouring live zebras?