Drum & Bass Megathread Part II v. What's an Amen Break?

^ was thinking of getting this one, big LSB fan but nothing particularly grabs me about the EP.

new Break, bit of a jazzy departure from the usual neuro on NFG

More 1995 stuff. What happened to Alex Reece? Big tunes, then he disappeared.

Ah, he sold out, signed to Island records & was never heard from again after his album.

I go through so much drum and bass on a regular basis, that i barley remember the artists or tracks.. but it's definitely my 'zen'. Liquid Drum and Bass in the sun, and dark neuro-tech at night.

Nice angle from Break on that one thujone. Symmetry Recordings always quality.

Agreed with dnb being a zen. Any time, any place, I can listen.

@DrGreenthumb.. Funny you mention Alex Reece. Metalheadz have just remastered this beauty.

New one off Rowpiece's forthcoming album. Sublime beats, truly my kind of style.

@DrGreenthumb.. Funny you mention Alex Reece. Metalheadz have just remastered this beauty.

He was massive in 1995, was going to be the future of DnB, just a few tunes but they were so big. Then he sold out to Island Records, had a disagreement with Goldie, left Metalheadz, did an album that flopped & disappeared. He had those two tunes, maybe another good one, pulp fiction, then did a shit album.

Can't have enough old jungle on a page...

Last edited:
^ i like unwinding to this type of stuff on a sunday.

seeing if i can grab a copy of this LP now, love the whole album

I go through so much drum and bass on a regular basis, that i barley remember the artists or tracks.. but it's definitely my 'zen'. Liquid Drum and Bass in the sun, and dark neuro-tech at night.

I love liquid dnb. My friend lovingly refers to it as "bitch" drum and bass. :!

Who else should i check out MC wise thats not new breed cru/lowdowndeep/ragga twins/fats/GQ?
i need like hooligan music.
like evil b/eks type shit.
speaking of the ragga twins.
you guiz need to check out hype on kiss from 01/07/15. Featuring the ragga twins.
its shithot

Last edited:
Harry Shotta, Funsta, Shabba, Skibba, Stevie Hyper D (RIP), Det...

MC MC!

Fearless, Dynamite, Conrad, DRS, Stamina, Trigga, Bassman, Fatman D, Spyda

Last edited:
Yo greenthumb
throw me some speed garage accessible via soundcloud
you already threw me urban sprawl, moar like that pleaz?

LSDMDMA&AMP, check this group out https://soundcloud.com/groups/bassline

Search for 'niche' on youtube or wherever, that was the home of UK garage.

Urban Sprawl have been doing well to revive the genre, it was close to being killed off by the local council & police. My old pal Dista who runs that label has been playing gigs all over the world over the last year or two, even some in the USA. I think he's in LA right now.

There are still a few others going, like DJ Q, https://soundcloud.com/djqmusic

There's DJ EZ too, but not much online.

Staying on topic...

Last edited: