Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Drugsdata being down

tryptakid

Moderator: DP&MC
Staff member
Hey all,

I just noticed that drugsdata has been on hold for the past month (April 10th being the last day that they accepted submissions). I know that erowid recently moved their servers and had posted about this on /r/drugs on April 6th, but nothing mentioned about this indeterminate testing suspension.

Wondering if anyone has insight as to what's going on and whether testing will resume?

In the interim, it is good to know that there are alternative drug checking services such as Get Your Drugs Tested and Kykeon which users can utilize during this time, so I just wanted to pass that along.

This is not a website that I personally use or browse... But thank you for letting us know and offering alternatives! 🤟

This is not a website that I personally use or browse... But thank you for letting us know and offering alternatives! 🤟
It's the drug testing service that erowid operates, used to be ecstasydata back in the day but they've been testing such a wide array of drug samples that they changed the name. They offer mail-in GC/MS testing and publish the results (which go back to the late 90s if you want a trip down memory lane). We have a grant in state that has funded our local harm reduction services to offer both FTIR drug testing on-site, with confirmation testing via drugsdata with the cost covered by the grant which has been pretty great.

Hopefully just a short hiatus...

It's the drug testing service that erowid operates, used to be ecstasydata back in the day but they've been testing such a wide array of drug samples that they changed the name. They offer mail-in GC/MS testing and publish the results (which go back to the late 90s if you want a trip down memory lane). We have a grant in state that has funded our local harm reduction services to offer both FTIR drug testing on-site, with confirmation testing via drugsdata with the cost covered by the grant which has been pretty great.

Hopefully just a short hiatus...
Ah yeah, I'm sure I have seen reports they published, I've just never sent stuff in myself. Sites like that are definitely important for sure though.

Do you think this post might be better in the drug checking forum? I'm not sure, I guess it doesn't matter, as long as people see it.

And maybe someone here on staff has a connection to erowid? We might be able to reach out and see what's going on.

I am reaching out to people now to find someone that knows them, so I will let you know if I hear anything back

EIther or
Ah yeah, I'm sure I have seen reports they published, I've just never sent stuff in myself. Sites like that are definitely important for sure though.

Do you think this post might be better in the drug checking forum? I'm not sure, I guess it doesn't matter, as long as people see it.

And maybe someone here on staff has a connection to erowid? We might be able to reach out and see what's going on.
Either forum is fine by me if you think we should move it over - I just posted in here since it's a primarily american service, but either works for me.

If I don't hear anything from here I might ping the mod forum to see if anyone has any contacts there or information. I'm also friends with the manager of one of our needle exchange sites nearby and can reach out to her as she'd probably have some info through the grant/university that pays for and supports the confirmation testing.