• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drugs to aid exercise?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
Just to clarify that I already exercise (go to the gym for 30 minutes every weekday and do two hour walks on Fri, Sat, Sun evening) so it's not like I need a drug to start exercising.

You might say that I the exercise is it's own drug but personally I've never got the runners high. I exercise to keep as slim as I can possibly be while also doing something to occupy my time.

I'm going to start a minimum wage job so I'll have money to buy things. I was wondering what would be some recreational or OTC drugs that make exercising easier? When I tried 200mg codeine phosphate (Nurofen Plus) 6 months ago I felt less pain in my legs when going for my long walks. I do see this is also what athletes like Mo Farah are prescribed (hydrocodone). I thought of trying meth, amphetamines or even OTC sudafed but I've heard that stimulants are terrible for exercising cause they make you overheat and out of breath.

Any sugestions? Thanks

I once found that caffeine mixed with ephreda enabled me to work out cardiovascularly at a much higher intensity but believe it's dangerous for the heart so wouldn't recommend. I was able to jog approx a minute faster per mile on the treadmill so I knew it was more than placebo. My heart rate was through the roof though.

Caffeine (Coffee) on its own can help with both stamina and motivation. A teaspoon of baking soda mixed in water taken approx an hour before doing cardio can slightly reduces the rate of lactic acid buildup, so exercising at higher intensity is possible.

I have also taken 60-90 mg of codeine on very long walks and agree it reduces aching in my feet in legs, though realize this is 'cheating'. It's probably safer to allow your body to let you know when it's aching and too tired to realistcally continue.

I have also found that gaba drugs such as phenibut or pregabalin can increase motivation when working out. :)

MDMA always made me want to move and dance. :)

I run to try to keep my heart healthy despite stimulant use. I really think your better off not. Tons of nondrug users are way better than me at running.

We don't really do drug recommendation threads. If you already have the motivation to workout and you aren't pushing yourself for some athletic competition i don't think drugs will suit your health.

Stimulants are just going to overwork your heart and painkillers are going to make you push yourself to the point of injury. I'm sure there's a very narrow middle ground where these things will provide benefits without causing damage but it's a fine line.

Generally if you are working out to stay healthy and keep a nice physique then save the drugs for after the workout.

No one likes a tweaker in the gym. Don't recommend pain pills stronger than some over the counters either.. Long story short. Was once a dumb kid and snorted morphine. Felt good doing shrugs so kept up'ing my weight. Near about 545?8, I dropped to the floor. The bad lower disk in my back finally gave out. Didn't feel it till the morphine wore off.

Caffeine is okay. There's a million pre-workouts out there. My best advice, is to get in a good diet regime. Carb loading prior to a workout. Not recommending non prescribed adderall, but I have it for ADD and it does curb your appetite. If you have a weight problem, talk to your doctor about bird eggs. Minor stems do improve energy during light exercise like running. Just don't use too much to where your blood pressure or resting heart rate is too high. Counter productive. Can't breathe.

Another good tip, go to bodybuilding forums for workout advice. Not a forum for people talking about hard drugs...

My experience is a little different and it may seem contradictory.

The days I have taken 5/10mg of Dizepan I can exercise with much more intensity. My favorite sport is the elliptical machine (intense cardio).
Dizepan will leave my bpm at least 10-15 beats below normal at peak intensity and makes me feel less forced so I will can hold on for longer.

DocLad

Last edited:
Caffeine, like a big black coffee prior to your workouts are good (100mg). Any sort of pain killer and you're asking for injury unless you're at peak physical condition and I'm gonna guess you aren't

For anyone that plays basketball, I’ve found that taking a very small dose of Adderall (5-15 mg IR) and the percentage of shots I make goes up significantly. Not sure whether it’s due to the increase in my confidence or if my focus on the basket is really that much more pronounced. Probably a combination of both.