• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs & The Prison System in Australia

I've always wondered whether a quiet, timid person with money will survive prison?

My friends I know who personally have been in gaol said keeping to oneself usually is a good way to stay alright.

I've always wondered whether a quiet, timid person with money will survive prison?

Money won't necessarily help, unless you got a clique to protect you. Otherwise, inmates will find out about the money and stand-over the inmate for smokes and shit on buy-up. Timid people often fair the best in jail, because they are timid. They are not deemed a threat, usually keep to themselves, and no other prisoner gets any respect for bashing ém

At least that's how it was when I was there

That makes me fee better. I'm not a famous rich kid so I'd hope they wouldn't find out about money. I pretty much finance my friends tobacco habit. I'd hate to have to buy a couple hundred inmates durries lol

Thank you VERY much for sharing your personal experience, Willy. Your a champ!

I've spent a little time inside, and been on methadone/suboxone inside.

Lots of pressure to switch to suboxone, so you can divert it for people to smoke.

I never had any issues on methadone, nor would I on buprenorphine..... but people do if they can't protect themselves from ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

People divert -everything-, heroin is around, weed is the choice drug everyone wants, prescriptions like seroquel (which i hold/held in jail) are sought too....

Maybe I was just asking for a friend? Who knows!

But what's BMU, dude?

I wanna get like my own demountable or caravan or something right, with like a tv, a couch, queen bed..

If your prescribed meds on the outside then you will continue to take them on the inside although this depends on what the condition is how long your going to be on them etc. Your treating doctor will provide all necessary details to the doc who will be your physician on the inside, although some may get the bright idea to try and ween you off them if they are the holier than thou type, those kind don't last long though. Also a number of inmates claim psychological issues and may be sent to an external secure facility such as an acute mental health facility in a public hospital for assessment. Those who are genuine get their meds but bullshitters are pretty quickly picked up in this environment.

Quintiapine is a very popular drug inside and many prisoners will try and get on this script and pouch (make it look like they took it but it's in their mouth) or vomit their drugs for resale for smokes and whatever else. Subutex is another favorite and and again pouching/spitting the drug for resale occurs. Add to that sharing home made fits with 3-6 other guys = Hep C or HIV. Zyban is also popular, it's a cathinone class of drugs, used for quitting smoking. 3 or more tablets are collected and used as a stimulant. Add to this dynamic illicit drugs that find their way into the prisons you can see why so many people end up getting hep B hep C and some poor bastards HIV.

Keep under the radar and suss out who's a bobcat, who's a snitch and which guards are pricks. Keeping to yourself helps as your not going to pick shit with the wrong person. Also if someone offers you something that makes you think "why is he doing that it seems to good to be true be careful." I know of a guy who was offered the top bunk by his new cellmate on the first day. He was suss so said "why is that mate" to which the bloke said "you know we can help each other out, you suck a bit of this and that and it's all good."

The new bloke said he'd think about. He waited till the bobcat was snoring got an electric kettle on the boil and then poured the boiling water into old bobcats face before using the kettle to smash his face in. He was sent to the hole but when the other prisoners learnt about the bobcat the guy got a fairly easy ride. Old bobcat was in the infirmary for months. I'm not saying that you should do this but it's an example of the kind of shit that can happen.

Also some guy's especially young ones may be befriended by older cons who seem to take them under their wing only to bash them or bash and molester them. These younger guys usually get sticky tape and a metal coat hanger wrap it in tape then down the hatch. The tape dissolves and it's strait to the infirmary. Also guys will try and get anything they can to make shanks even witnessed a guy trying to remove tap fittings to get at the washers to sharpen and bend to make the blade of a shank. Could go on all day but never be afraid always keep cool and under the radar if you piss no one off some guys may actually become mates and they will have your back. Stay away from some of those who pump iron all day, they usually are on roids and are unpredicable. Individually no big issue but they travel in packs.

Last edited:
^ Mate, that is heaps easier to read now, you got it sussed.

Some hardcore stories there. I guess you have been in a few times to know all that? I went and visited a cousin in that Wacol prison in Queensland ages ago when i was alot younger, I dont know how hard that place is compared to the others and stuff, but just going there and visiting scared the shit out of me, the guards wouldn't let me and my other cousin leave when we had finished visiting, they made us wait for what seemed like 30 mins laughing at us and shit before opening the doors, it was probably only 10 minutes tho, and my cousin in there had self harm cuts on his arm and the whole place just bummed me out, so much razor wire and concrete, my cousin had been busted a couple of times for small amounts of drugs and then was pissed on a nye and punched a cop in the face. Oh and I recall being searched a bit too thoroughly on the way in as well, but I guess they have to do that to stop contraband and shit getting in too easy. Fuck I hated being there, even as a visitor.

wacol is one of the maximum security joints. an uncle of mine worked as a guard there for a while in the 90s early 00s. interesting stories he had. had to have eyes in the back of your head at shower time as thats when most of the sexual molestations and fair amount of beatings went on.

no thank you.