• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Drugs that feel like Ambien?

supersoup

Bluelighter
So, ambien (zolpidem) is one of my favorite drugs ever (I know, I'm weird). Something about it is just cool, I like the sort of dazed psychedelic feeling. The problem is, my tolerance to it is way too high. I used to have full blown trips from 20mg and now I just get a slight high from 60-120mg. Obviously it's not smart to use doses like this, especially when it barely works anyways. So I'm wondering, are there any other drugs that feel similar to ambien? I think a disassociative would make the most sense similarity wise, but I've only done DXM and PCP. DXM was just totally not fun and PCP was cool but it got me too amped up. How would you compare drugs like ketamine or GHB to ambien? I'm also open to other prescription drugs as long as there's no cross tolerance. I know that drug suggestion threads aren't really allowed, but I honestly feel this is harm reduction because I've been taking large doses of ambien and mixing it with other depressants like alcohol or benzos or both to get the desired effect and obviously this isn't very safe. I probably take it about 3 times a week and sometimes have some very bad cravings, I think I may be getting addicted to it. If the mods don't agree with this thread then shut it down, I completely understand, I was a bit iffy about posting it in the first place.

IME, tolerance to Zolpidem's psychedelic properties builds even more rapidly than tolerance towards its hypnotic and anxiolytic properties.

The only way of "potentiating" the drug for this purpose that I'm aware of is to take it when you are already sleep-deprived.

Anyway, I guess the closest match for Ambien's psychedelic effects would be Muscimol, found in the Amanita muscaria mushroom, although you might really want to do some serious research on that before you head out to the woods to pick some.