• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drugs that enhance music playing

I would also suggest DXM, as some others already have. 1st plateau is wonderful for listening to and making music, it becomes a bit difficult for me a bit before peak on 2nd plateau and rather impossible anywhere after that.

I really enjoy playing the guitar on MDMA/LSD, I've experienced more vocal freedom aswel when on these substances.

But i think you shouldn't do too much LSD if you want to play the guitar because you might not even realize you are holding a guitar.

Very interesting thread! :)

• Cannabis, often I get pretty creative and relaxed... especially hash is great for producing and playing, on weed I can get too stoned.
  • Opioids are absolutely great for playing the piano, for me. Better than amphetamine / dexamphetamine actually because I lose any anxiety and am able to play or improvise fearlessly.
  • Dexamphetamine, obviously very productive and my skill is improved but my play has slightly more quality on opioids.
  • Many psychedelics actually confuse my coordination, even if they make me more creative... better for creative ideas I guess.
  • Dissociatives tend to be very unpractical since it messes with my cognition.
  • I'd like to try low dose 2C-D to see about its mildly psychedelic, creative, nootropic qualities. Have tried 2C-T-21 before but don't have much confidence in it for the piano.
  • If I tried benzo's before, I forgot the result... I'm looking for something that may help with playing a recital, because I get very anxious. But I don't want to be obviously high and it cannot mess with my mental clarity / cognition etc.
  • What else? :D

Marijuana almost goes without saying, I always loved to jam while stoned. MDMA definitely increased my speed, timing, and overall technical skill level. However, playing on LSD was the best. With about one or one and a half hits of acid my bass player and I would be totally synched with each other and have the best jam sessions.

TO learn how to play the guitar, first you gotta sell your soul to the devil.
Like that Ol' Timey BluesMan who got caught at the crossroads down in Mississippi.

First ya need to head into the deep south of Murika' and walk down a dirt road, preferably under a pale full moon.
Then when you are approached by the mysterious stranger all in black, you have to answer a series of riddles.
Then you'll be given your wish.

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY.

As a DJ... let me just tell you now. There is not ONE single drug that will make you more able to play music. Not one. Maybe amphetamine, but even that will just make you THINK you're doing better when in all reality you probably can't hear at all how shitty you are doing.

Psychedelics can GREATLY enhance musical creativity... not musical ability.

Methamphetamine hands down! Being 2 years sober is fine and dandy but I do miss that creative side.. and I haven't really been able to write songs or play my piano since getting sober! I don't know.. I know I have it in me and I've always been a writer, singer, piano player as a child but shit changes when you get addicted to drugs. I just don't have the motivation now being sober to play and write songs.. I don't know.. just doesn't sound appealing. That's what triggers my mind into wanting to use again! sucks!

DXM at 900 mgs made music sound deeper and crazier then I've ever heard it before. I disliked the gorillaz before this trip and after listening to demon days 4 times in a row, by the time I sobered up I loved them and still do. DXM for the win.

Only time ive ever played under the influence is when im stoned. Have to say, ive always been pretty shit whenever weed and playing my instrument have clashed, my playing is sloppy, the notes on the score often blur and i cant focus on the beat.

Once played while coming down off 25i and that was fucking disgusting i can tell you that.

I am a firm believer that the right amount of whiskey brings out ones best in playing. A little weed helps too. With other drugs I feel I get too erratic and sloppy, I can see where I was trying to go listening to it afterwards, but it usually doesnt seem to be any where good listening to it sober.

One of my favorite movie quotes (dazed and confused); "Man, I ain't believin' that shit about Bonham's 1-hour drum solo...I mean, 1 hour on drums...you couldn't handle that shit on strong acid, man."

sodium valproate made me play piano a lot better than i could usually, its like it was strengthening old connections in my brain...

unfortunately the side effects are a bummer (eyes sensitive to light, burn easily and other shit)

ive written a good song on poppy seed tea

and i love making beats high