Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drugs that enhance music playing

Rorthron

Bluelighter
For fellow musicians, even amateurs,

which substances have you found that enhance your music playing?

Some friends in the Santo Daime have referred to me that the Daime (Ayahuasca) enhances their guitar playing during the sessions. I've read also a couple of DOC reports that people have described increased music playing skills.

So we have for now
Ayahuasca (DMT+MAOI)
DOC

Any other substances, dosages or personal stories on this subject? Also what instruments do you play? Thanks for your feedback

[Mods: there is a B&D thread about music on Psychs, but it seems just about music appreciation. I wanted some info on music playing, that's why I started this thread]

I cant even imagine trying to play on ayahuasca 8o

While psychedelics in general might be a source of inspiration in the writing process, trying to perform while tripping has never worked out ime. I cant focus on one thing and I'm just not as good while under the influence. Other substances like opiates, benzos, or (a little) alcohol can help me relax and let everything flow. But as always YMMV

mostly everything! opiates make the music speak to me more, but also take some of my energy away making me want to stop playing early (i play drums.) Opiates and benzos both relax me so that I can play music even if Im not in the mood.

stimulants from amphetamine to MDMA and MDA make me much more energized and creative while I play (the creativity mainly from MDMA, MDA). I can play for hours on end and enjoy the entire thing on stimulants.

psychedelics like shrooms and LSD mainly make me more creative and they also make me enjoy what I play more. psychedelics take away the barrier between me and my self esteem about how "good" I play. definitely an enjoyable experience.

I have yet to play drums on 2ci, but listening to music definitely enhances the experience a bunch and can take you to new places. Although Ive attempted to write and create music on 2ci and I was no where near as creative as on MDMA or mushrooms/lsd.

I think if youre a musician at heart, whatever your drug of choice may be, it always makes the musical experience much better! Hope I helped provide some insight.

P.S. I cant imagine playing drums on DMT! but to each their own!

if you can handle it, a 800mg dose of DXM. i used to play drums on DXM all night. double bass for days haha. its strange, sometimes DXM can make music sound AMAZING, but other times it feels like your out in space soo far that your brain starts to disect the music. like, ohh this and this sound make up this sound. its very strange

This isn't a psych but i just figured I'd chime in.

Methylone does an excellent job at enhancing music, amongst other things.

It allows you to connect to every song in a deep and compassionate manner.

Ooooh, I like this thread. I am a hand drummer and I get really fast and really nerdy about the rhythms I do. I LOVE drumming and I LOVE LOVE LOVE drumming whilst on:

mescaline
mdma
lsd
mushrooms
DOI

I've tried drumming on Salvia, but it doesn't really work. After Salvia, on the other hand is not bad.

Two weeks ago I took a half a tab of acid and a small dose of mescaline, and went to a drum circle... I swear I could have drummed high speed all night, 8 hours straight or something. Only went 2-3 hours.

Piano is also nice, but sometimes it doesn't capture the energy quite as well as drums do.

I've found that a little amphetamine can do wonders for creating/playing music

A nice lowish-moderate dose of LSD

Ditto. I took 400 mics and played my electric guitar though and had some fun. But it's a lot easier to get the creative juices flowing when you're not tripping too hard.

=D

Aww, I literally was just about to create this very thread!

Used to play guitar, electric and accoustic, while on MDMA. Didn't often create, because I saw it was my oppurtunity to play my already written songs to people who I would normally feel too self-conscious around to do.

On alot of stimulants and psychs though.... I get an amen, chop up some quick and nasty loops, fiddle with some waves and make a HUUUGE bass sound. Then some mad, ecstatic pads. Fiddle and freestyle with it too as I go along. With it all nice and loud it's hard to beat.

Im surprised noone has mentioned cannabis. LSD, mushrooms and amphetamins are also great at the right doses. And now that I remeber it, piperazines arnt to bad at low dose's either.

I play amazing guitar/bass/entire orchestra parts on my keyboard/electronic drums while on any euphoric stim....pre-peak. 4-mmc/methylone/mdpv/mdma/etc.

Jwh-250/018 makes me play really mellow but allows the creative juices to flow

On psychedelics I tend to not be able to play seeing as though my instruments melt in my hand while trying to play :)..........best to close my eyes and put on Magical Mystery Tour!

I have a lot of trouble playing rehearsed pieces on psychs (though never really tried on a true low dose) but amps sure help the accuracy of my fingerpicking :) Don't actually remember trying on MDMA but I'd be surprised if I haven't..

Psychs are amazing for writing though

I'm just getting into percussion lately. I always get the urge to play some traditional percussion instruments when tripping :D I imagine a didgeridoo would be great fun too =D

When I played with a punk band I was in on ampethamine, I ended up slicing my fingers to shreds by punching my guitar (actually it wasn't mine, haha <_<). Certainly helped with agressive playing and getting carried away.

i can play my guitar for hours when i'm ripping the bong. i love doing this for weeks on end

coca tea makes you creative and improves the quality of your singing by enhancing bronchial dilation and it makes you feel really passionate and in control of the notes

Okay, sure drugs might alter your music, but sometimes I hear people try to directly credit them for music. I think that is a little over the top.

not a psychedellic but I find myself faster, more accurate and just plain nonstop while playing electric guitar on some dexadrine. I tend to do it for upwards of 4-6 hours while i'm speeding because it lasts so damn long anyways and its the perfect thing to do, just stompin out scales and attempting accuracy, its really the thing to do on dexadrine!

for pure passion though... ive never been in the zone while on LSD or mushrooms and playing guitar they seem to disturb my capability to structure long sequences, and i lose my beat etc. but I am getting better! i'll see where a dose takes me and ill pick up my guitar!...maybe a low dose... lol