• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drugs that can be done on a regular basis?

Justgiveitakush

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I've looked for a thread like this and did not find one, so I apologize if there is there is a current existing one. I am curious to know what drugs can be done on a regular basis without any major negative effects on health and social life, and I mean all drugs, even obscure lesser known ones.

I may have been ambiguous about regular basis. I mean to do on a responsible level, for example following Shulgin's 90 day rule on MDMA every time or once a month in a blue moon

Last edited:
To be honest it was just a thought that struck me when I was high and just to know in case I ever consider it, probably to stop me from doing so. I figured that a lot of people on the site would know :)

Last edited:
I have done marijuana for over 25yrs, never been arrested. I also did it on the way to work for years and also smoked bowls throughout the day until I went to sleep, smoked it first thing in the morning with the coffee (1oz a month). I had to quit because of injuries and prescribed opiates and submitted regular urine samples and nothing, NOTHING can alter the chemical's to pass a urinalysis, no tea, pills nothing. The only ill effects I can recognize is the effects of smoke in the lungs but I still have no medical problems at this point in life that was caused by marijuana use.

I do smoke now, I do it for the first two weeks and lay off for two weeks in case I have to submit a urinalysis but my urinalysis's are routine (every 6 mos) I also only have to take 2-3 draws and I am STONED! like I could never achieve when I smoked it regularly, I would get high but always chased the STONED stage. I still have no ill effects of smoking mj.

With pretty much every drug that's possible for a human to safely ingest, you can bet that there's at least some people who can use it on a regular basis and maintain a grasp on their lives

Whether or not a drug should be done on a regular basis is another question entirely...there are drawbacks to regular drug use of any kind really, if for no other reason then you establish a routine that you become accustomed to & have to follow. But sometimes the benefits of a drug (in terms of a user's health and/or overall happiness) outweigh the risks. Everyone needs to figure out that question on a personal level and it's not always an easy one.

For the record I don't really consider using a drug once every 3 months to be "regular usage". To me that's pretty irregular usage

Any drug can be done on a regular basis if you take the time to educate yourself, have a strong sense of self and will power. Educate yourself on the side effects and take appropriate steps. Prescription drugs or street drugs, anything you plan on using on a regular basis do the research and make a step by step plan to mitigate ill effects, then follow it to the letter.

Any drug can be done on a regular basis if you take the time to educate yourself, have a strong sense of self and will power. Educate yourself on the side effects and take appropriate steps. Prescription drugs or street drugs, anything you plan on using on a regular basis do the research and make a step by step plan to mitigate ill effects, then follow it to the letter.

This. I've done it and don't recommend it though. It can turn into addiction or at least addictive thoughts/cravings.

I think the most obvious answers are cannabis and caffeine, though not sure if coffee will cut it for you. I think cannabis is the easiest of stronger drugs to manage a life with. Although as with any drug, (semi)daily use means thinner pockets. Opioids or benzos should be your last option in terms of regular use, because it's just asking for trouble.

Yeah I am going to put my vote in for none. Sure you can ingest caffeine and cannabis on a daily basis with few ill effects on your life but the truth of the matter is they still have negative outcomes. It is up to you to decide whether those outcomes are compatible with your life or not. I like to believe that life is largely a balancing act and its all so specific to who you are that the answer is different for everyone.

There are obvious things that can not be done everyday and some substances that seem easy enough on the body that you might feel you can get away with daily use but life is long and theres no way to know how 40 years of a substance will effect you. Not implying you would do it for the entire duration of your life but the idea is if you cant its not "safe for daily use"

I will probably use cannabis and caffeine until i literally am told i can not and even then it will be a decision for me.

Yeah I am going to put my vote in for none. Sure you can ingest caffeine and cannabis on a daily basis with few ill effects on your life but the truth of the matter is they still have negative outcomes. It is up to you to decide whether those outcomes are compatible with your life or not. I like to believe that life is largely a balancing act and its all so specific to who you are that the answer is different for everyone.

There are obvious things that can not be done everyday and some substances that seem easy enough on the body that you might feel you can get away with daily use but life is long and theres no way to know how 40 years of a substance will effect you. Not implying you would do it for the entire duration of your life but the idea is if you cant its not "safe for daily use"

I will probably use cannabis and caffeine until i literally am told i can not and even then it will be a decision for me.

Could you elaborate on the negative effects of caffeine consumption?

Could you elaborate on the negative effects of caffeine consumption?

But of course... I am having a hard time finding the source but I swear caffeine is at least suggested to be harmful at doses above 800mg a day. Prior to my actively trying to lower my dose i was at 1000-1200mg a day. But I swear i read it and thats what made me want to take an active stance on getting my dosing down to a normal level.

I can find stuff on ODs but this was about repeated long term use of a high level of caffeine, which i was doing for years and always thought was bad but take what you will.

But of course... I am having a hard time finding the source but I swear caffeine is at least suggested to be harmful at doses above 800mg a day. Prior to my actively trying to lower my dose i was at 1000-1200mg a day. But I swear i read it and thats what made me want to take an active stance on getting my dosing down to a normal level.

I can find stuff on ODs but this was about repeated long term use of a high level of caffeine, which i was doing for years and always thought was bad but take what you will.

I realize in high doses it can cause heart palpitations and anxiety, but I was also under the impression that regular daily consumption of moderate ("normal") amounts has actually been found to be somewhat neuroprotective, and other than tolerance/mild withdrawals, I figured caffeine was a perfect example of a substance that can be used daily with little to no real side effects.

I realize in high doses it can cause heart palpitations and anxiety, but I was also under the impression that regular daily consumption of moderate ("normal") amounts has actually been found to be somewhat neuroprotective, and other than tolerance/mild withdrawals, I figured caffeine was a perfect example of a substance that can be used daily with little to no real side effects.

I agree with you when you put amounts. It has been somewhat determined, from what i can find, 400-600mg of caffeine can be good for someone but the other side is that after a point it becomes detrimental. I was regularly taking in about 1000-1200mg of caffeine a day, about 600-700mg in the morning and then another 200-400mg during the day, at that dose i was worried about negative impacts on my long term health. Now that i am down to 400-800mg usually closer to 500mg i am fine with it.

But I agree that cannabis and caffeine in the proper amounts can be at least not noticeably bad on a person. Its kind of hard to put an exact amount or phrasing that applies to most as people are different.