• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drugs Inc Season 5

Lau

Greenlighter
Hello,
My name is Laura and I am producing an episode of Drugs Inc for National Geographic Television focusing on the twin cities of Minnesota. I am posting on this forum because I am interested in hearing from any bluelight users who have any experiences or stories to share with me about Minneapolis and St Paul.

If you are intersted in finding more out about our popular programme please follow this link to our home page:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...nel/drugs-inc/

The documentary will take a 360 degree approach to exploring drugs in the twin cities. We feature interviews with drug users, traffickers, dealers, law-enforcement, medics and other individuals who've been affected by drugs. Through this approach the shows aim to understand how the drug world functions in a particular city: Who controls it; which drugs are most prevalent; why people become involved; the dangers of the street; what law enforcement is doing and approaches in harm reduction. In no way do our programs glamorize drug use or the drug trade. We treat everyone we film with dignity and try to give a balanced representation of the issues.

If you want to get in touch please email me at laura (dot) balfour @ wallto wall.co.uk (I apologize in advance to Bluelight moderators if giving out email addresses breaks forum rules and I'm happy to re-edit this message accordingly)

To learn more about Wall To Wall (the production company I work for that makes Drugs Inc for National Geographic) please visit:

http://www.walltowall.co.uk/

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Laura

Sorry to hear you're involved in making such crappy propaganda films.
Please stop or at least get rid of the narrator as he's fucking annoying.

Last edited:
drugs inc isn't that bad actually - i still request you do something on vancouver in Canada though, that'd be awesome, it's like the drug capital of NA.

i feel like drugs inc would be better if they showed more harm reduction and less about prosecuting low level drug users and dealers though, overall it's pretty informative though and does show HR stuff and benefits of some drugs and is not totally biased.

drugs inc isn't that bad actually - i still request you do something on vancouver in Canada though, that'd be awesome, it's like the drug capital of NA.

i feel like drugs inc would be better if they showed more harm reduction and less about prosecuting low level drug users and dealers though, overall it's pretty informative though and does show HR stuff and benefits of some drugs and is not totally biased.

Agreed. I think they haven't done an episode on Vancouver yet because they visited Insite in their Heroin episode. It seems like that was years ago, though, and only a part of the story.

It would be super awesome to see any new episodes on cities outside of the United States.

I vote Baltimore/Washington D.C. for the next season as a destination within the United States.

I enjoy drugs inc. At least it is showing viewers how many people are involved and affected by the drug trade.

You guys should try to interview some law makers/officials and maybe see if they would ever consider decriminalization/legalization of drugs. Because Cartels are taking over America. They already run shit here in Texas and the way things are now it is not going to change. No matter how illegal drugs are they are still in high demand and the blood will keep flowing. Few states are headed in the right direction with the marijuana laws starting in 2014 though. Hopefully it will be a domino effect.

I also agree with more episodes seeing the drug trade outside the U.S. I enjoyed the Jamaica episode. Shit is rough son. Maybe dive into some Asian cities/ some of the countries with hardcore punishments for drug use. I understand this is a little bit more difficult to get into these country's drug circle but it would make for an interesting show.

Yeah I like it too, if you don't like it just don't watch it, why would you tell them to stop making it when you can just not watch it?

Yeah an Asian one or Oceania (including Aus and NZ as well) maybe a good idea.

The entire show is dumb. The "big time dealers" they interview are either a.) Dumb asses that just lie to the producers so they can babble on tv about shit they know nothing about or b.) just some guy that works on the series, like a camera man or w/e b/c they don;t show faces and distort the voice...

Last edited:
OP is likely an undercover narcotics officer for the twin cities police

The entire show is dumb. The "big time dealers" they interview are either a.) Dumb asses that just lie to the producers so they can babble on tv about shit they know nothing about or b.) just some guy that works on the series, like a camera man or w/e b/c they don;t show faces and distort the voice...

all in all i don't believe ANyTHINg i see on tv. Bluelight has given me more truthful and good info then any other website or tv show ever has.

Yeah I do have a hard time believing that the high up drug dealers/traffickers are real people. Why would they risk anything for maybe a few thousand dollars if even that?

But it shows that these people do exist, like one of the cartel hitmen...who cares if the guy that has his face blacked out and his voice changed is actually real. The point is people like he is portraying do exist and will kill you for not paying up. Shit is bloody man, cartels are worse than any terrorist.

Maybe the person doesn't do all the things they say they do but the stories are real and do happen.

Keep on drugs inc, keep on.

Yeah I dont care if some of the high up dealers arent as big or real as they say they are, who cares, some of the drug addicts are obviously real, or do you think the whole thing is just fake and actors? Seems odd when people pay out a show that shines a real light on what's going on in certain parts of the world and act like they could do it better.

Fucking cops and do gooders on here, preaching their shit.

I'm pretty sure the drug users are real, I mean they are advertising on this site. I can imagine it being pretty easy to get a junky to show them how and where they use if they offer money. On another thread somebody pointed out a heroin dealer/user in the seattle episode was Nod the same dealer that got busted from the silk road website.

defs do an episode in vancouver