• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Drugs fucked me up and i dont know what to do

Thirdeyevibes

Greenlighter
I've taken a bunch of drugs in the past 3 years. Xanax, oxycodone, adderall, coke, ecstasy, mdma, shrooms, acid, weed, and dmt
*also other pills I can't remember
The drugs that I've taken advantage of the most were weed and Xanax. Ecstasy, shrooms, and acid as well.
I had a bad trip of shrooms last month so that's when I decided to quit everything.
I just need some advice. What should i do to get better mentally? I do yoga and meditate EVERY single day but I still don't feel good. I know its only been a month but this is making me feel suicidal. Like I've been having anxiety/panic attacks constantly. I used to have them but now they're coming back. I know it's because ive stopped taking drugs but I seriously don't know what to do. I can't sleep. Nothing feels real. I can't really feel anything when I have sex. My sensations and memory are fucked up. Nothing seems real to me. It just feels like I'm on one bad acid trip that I can't get out of. I've began feeling like this when I abused Xanax (3 years ago). It felt like a hazy dream but now since I've abused other drugs, it feels so much worse and I don't know what to do.
I just want to know if there's something I can do about it. Go to therapy or just wait it out until all of the drugs have left my system.
Do any of you know if taking medication to fix the imbalance of my brain will actually work?

I doubt you would do anything but prolong your healing by taking medications. Your brain will recover and it sounds like you are doing some very good things for yourself already so be patient and have faith in your body's power to heal. Are you eating well? people sometimes forget that is the most basic medicine we put in our body.

The things you are doing like yoga and meditation have accumulative benefits over time. One month is a short span but do keep it up because in addition to the benefits of these practices themselves you are also flexing your mental muscles and developing discipline, stamina and grit. There is nothing I do that that undermines me more than when I quit something I have started before giving it a chance!8)

If you can afford therapy I would take advantage of it. Starting this thread was a good idea--talking about what you are going through and getting other's opinions and experiences is helpful on so many levels. And I see this is your second post so welcome to BL!<3

...I just need some advice... What should i do to get better mentally?...
I just want to know if there's something I can do about it.
Man... giving advice is so two-edged, IMO.
From my experience the habit(s) and mind-set of use were/are the most dangerous aspects of addiction. Getting the adrenaline of copping without the police slamming you to the ground at gun-point was a better "high" than the substance itself (which was usually anti-climatic after the rigamarole of the "chase"). After about a month and a half of replacing the "old" habits with "new"; low and behold there was/is joy in other aspects of life.
A lot of what pushed me to "get a grip" on life was/is the knowledge that selfishness and causing untold pain/anxiety on those around me started hurting me (guilt found it's redemptive way through the haze of addiction). I now embrace this guilt whenever I feel the "need" to go grab a few OCs and/or benzos as it (guilt) stays off 95% of my fuck-ups. I am super grateful for this as my long-suffering wife of 22+ years now sees me as her hero once again (talk about a freakin high? > 8( ).
Hey... I am no saint: I still fuck up once in a while... but the pain is not there anymore when I do as we are no longer worried about food, income, utilities, doctor fees etc. ad nausea. I do have a chronic pain condition and a little more than a bit of PTS but have found safer alternatives that do not drain the bank account and skew the moral compass.
Don't be too hard on yourself (but don't be too soft, either): A little guilt can be constructive... too much and destruction can follow. I sincerely hope you find your peace, bro. It may take some painful digging and difficult life-style changes... but it is definitely worth waiting on the pay-off.
One love

Things like yoga, exercise, eating healthy, and healthy social interactions will all help, but the biggest healers are time and patience.

It took a while to get to where you are, and it will take a while to get back. It's been almost a year for me and I am still seeing slow improvement. I try not to focus on what I am lacking and instead try to look at ways I can improve. Usually baby steps, with slow but gradual improvement is how it has happened for me. There haven't been any huge or major break-throughs really.

Setting goals then figuring out what actions need to be taken to achieve them has helped build self-esteem and give some direction to my life.

Do you know if you're in acute withdrawal or in the post acute withdrawal phase? While they are both temporary, knowing which one you're in will help you know what to expect regarding the time it will take to get better.

The other thing is that joining an addiction recover group, such as NA might help alleviate some of the difficulty. I'm not sure if this is an option for you or not but it is, I would go to a meeting.