• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Drugs effects permanently changed after using high doses/other drugs?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Has anyone experience this altered effect where experiencing effects of one drug has permanently altered how another drug effects you. I've heard this has happened after tripping where weed hits like more of a trip than being stoned.

Dexies no longer hit the same after having used one large dose. It's just focus and no energy or stimulation. Weird since I only really used them once a month without other stims in between.

Crack coke has seemed to change how meth hits me when smoked, possibly because crack hits me more in the face than meth. Meth just seems so subtle and dull now when before I would be energized and chatty for hours. Now I can even sleep a few hours after a half point which would of kept me up for 24 hours. No tolly either.

Last edited:
Perhaps the Cocaine is blocking/inhibiting the DAT that the Dexedrine & Meth need to transport into the CNS?

More likely it’s just tolerance and your depleting all the dopamine in your brain without synthesizing new dopamine

Bromantane is an interesting stimulant & anxiolytic that increases the synthesis of dopamine inside the CNS and could give you that old feeling back? Very safe drug also apparently with no side effects or hyper stimulation or addictive potential common with most dopaminergic drugs ….you can order online from few sources

But yes, the euphoric pleasure from beginning of usage gradually fades away…..without abusing it, just normal usage. You need to synthesize new dopamine inside your CNS….for the amphetamines to release causing the euphoric pleasure you were use to receiving

sooooo many variables take into account …..place preferences conditioning (places you usually administer give more pleasure apparently) your mood & mind set at time of usage, are you happy and excited before you use as you’re heading out to a social function….or are you tired and down from a shitty day at work? All of these matter

Everyone always chasing that first time…..sadly hardly never to return

Last edited:
I feel that with dopaminergic stimulant drugs there are two kinds of tolerance. A lifelong cumulative or chronic tolerance and a sessional acute or temporary tolerance. With cross tolerance between drugs:

What I mean is that each time in your life you use this type of drug your ability to reach the same level of euphoria is permanently reduced a little - no matter how long you wait before using again. This happens rather slowly and you often don’t notice or maybe blame drug quality.

But each time you use in a binge or regular way your ability to feel the euphoria reduces much more quickly, you can feel the reduction yourself each additional day you use. However, take a long enough break and it feels like you have lost this tolerance.

So you will probably never achieve a high as good as your first high because your maximum possible level of euphoria has been permanently eroded.

Perhaps the Cocaine is blocking/inhibiting the DAT that the Dexedrine & Meth need to transport into the CNS?

More likely it’s just tolerance and your depleting all the dopamine in your brain without synthesizing new dopamine

Bromantane is an interesting stimulant & anxiolytic that increases the synthesis of dopamine inside the CNS and could give you that old feeling back? Very safe drug also apparently with no side effects or hyper stimulation or addictive potential common with most dopaminergic drugs ….you can order online from few sources

But yes, the euphoric pleasure from beginning of usage gradually fades away…..without out abusing it, just normal usage. You need to synthesize new dopamine inside your CNS….for the amphetamines to release causing the euphoric pleasure you were use to receiving

sooooo many variables take into account …..place preferences conditioning (places you usually administer give more pleasure apparently) your mood & mind set at time of usage, are you happy and excited before you use as you’re heading out to a social function….or are you tired and down from a shitty day at work? All of these matter

Everyone always chasing that first time…..sadly hardly never to return
I didn't use meth straight after crack it was weeks later. Today and yesterday. No stim use in between I rarely use stims. Twice a month low to moderate doses and never had tolerance problems because of this usage pattern.

Here's the story.

Yesterday morning I took 10mg Dex and it worked as it has for the past few years minus the euphoria and energy that occured first 2/3 times then just disappeared leaving only enhanced concentration for a few hours.

5 hours later not feeling the Dex anymore i smoke 10mg meth and almost nothing happened. So im thinking maybe Dexedrine has blocked further dopamine release (Dex is a weak dopamine inhibitor) so the meth will have a dulled effect (is that even possible?). But then in the past I've had dexies then meth later and it's worked fine. Gave greatly enhanced concentration and it lasted hours. I don't get euphoria from meth never have just focus and mood boost similar to Dex.

Also the next day there was no depression which normally happens to me after even small amounts of meth. This leads me to think meth's dopamine release was blocked partially enough to dull the effect otherwise I'd have been depressed the following day from dopamine usage. I doubt 10mg Dex would fully deplete my dopamine either.

So I wait a day then smoke half a point meth today. There was minor enhanced focus and no mood boost and only a minor heart rate increase. Like seriously 50mg meth had me going like a 5mg dex. Wtf. I can probably fall asleep to and it's only been 8 hours. 50mg Dex will have me awake 24h so 50mg meth should be more.

I did take an abilify pill about 2 months ago but then the Dex would be diminished as well.

I feel that with dopaminergic stimulant drugs there are two kinds of tolerance. A lifelong cumulative or chronic tolerance and a sessional acute or temporary tolerance. With cross tolerance between drugs:

What I mean is that each time in your life you use this type of drug your ability to reach the same level of euphoria is permanently reduced a little - no matter how long you wait before using again. This happens rather slowly and you often don’t notice or maybe blame drug quality.

But each time you use in a binge or regular way your ability to feel the euphoria reduces much more quickly, you can feel the reduction yourself each additional day you use. However, take a long enough break and it feels like you have lost this tolerance.

So you will probably never achieve a high as good as your first high because your maximum possible level of euphoria has been permanently eroded.
This happened with dexies. Got a good pick me up feeling a few times from 15mg which was euphoric then all of a sudden it never came back. These doses were months apart and before I even touched meth. I guess this crossed over to meth since meth provides no euphoric energy or motivation either just pure mental focus.

Your Dexedrine (d-amph) is 100% pharmaceutical grade purity

Your illicit Methamphetamine was synthesized god knows how and from what method? P2P precursor or from reduction of Ephedrine to Desoxy-Ephedrine (d-desoxyephedrine hcl) Methedrine/Desoxyn/ d-Methamphetamine

Several methods of synthesis yield a Racemic molecule 50% Levo / 50% Dextro (more NE bodyload + HR/BP)

Original Japanese patient by Ogata in 1919 for reduction of Ephedrine to d-Desoxyephdrine HCL is the professional gold standard to synthesize d-Meth / Ice, glass, Tina, Crank, bikers coffee lol

Black Beauties, Purple Hearts, Christmas Trees, Bennies, Pervitin, Preludin (Phenmetrazine), d-threo-Methylphenidate (Ritalin/Focalin) + Cocaine HCL

Desoxyn / Desbutal / Dexamyl / Dexedrine / Methedrine / Benzedrine

F@ckn USA in the 40’s - 50’s ……F@ck me Silly

Dilaudid HP powder of injection, Oxycodone and Diamorphine ampoules for IV/IM/SC administration

Valium (Diazepam 10mg) tablets were the blockbuster hit, millions to Billions of tablets distributed each year in the US alone in the 60/70’s. Lorazepam, Clonazepam, etc …..without batting an eye…..fat scripts X 5 refills

Sorry for the rant, my oral cocktail just peaked lol……I definitely have a morbid fascination with controlled substances and their pharmacological properties. My wet dream is a 3-lifetimes supply of every item I’ve listed, pure sterile HCL powder suitable and safe for I.V. injection….and genuine tablets for oral administration (1,000 tablets bottles)

100KG blue plastic drum of API directly from the pharmaceutical company production line floor (I’ve seen them before at old job, APOTEX storage site…..my facility didn’t have any CII controlled substances, but I moved a stacked pallet of 100KG drum load of Pregabalin (Lyrica).

I’ll stop now…..apologies…..I just want to have my own fully operational pharmaceutical company with a 20 man team of German chemists who can synthesize any molecule on earth, in grossly large quantities. No illicit distribution, just stored in climate controlled professional vault strictly for personal use….low therapeutic dosing, minor adjustments for tolerance increases lol :p

Ahhhhh, I’m a sick f@ck lol

High doses doses of serotonergic psychedelics both permanently changed my brain and how other drugs effect me. You'd be surprised how many various drugs have some level of effect on serotonin.

Chronic alcohol use also caused various changes.

Man I used to LOVE cannabis was one of my drugs of choice, but I won't touch it with a 10ft pole these days because it effects me so radically different from years of other drug abuse.

I can still enjoy cannabis if I have alcohol or benzos in my system, but other than that I won't touch it.

There is evidence chronic cannabis use diseffects the GABA system over time. It's not uncommon for regular users to stop enjoying it around age 30. How much alcoholism or psychedelic abuse also played a role will be a mystery to me, but I suspect all 3 have some part to play in my aversion to cannabis now.

I took a lot of MDMA, and classic and RC psychedelics for a while, and now, years of very sporadic use later, MDMA or any psychedelics don't noticeably dilate my pupils.
I do get high just fine though, so not complaining really.

I freaking LOVE LSD …..I take a 100ug tab every Saturday, on top of Methadone 80mg, Cannabis Indica jel cap, Phenibut 1.5G, Valium 10mg around the 7 hour mark (LSD 1.5 - 2h onset)

Psilocybin mushrooms give me gut rot as the “poison” is being absorbed & metabolized by my liver

LSD also releases Dopamine unlike Psilocybin mushrooms, Acid has a noticeable mood lift and energy, 100ug micro gram dose is very comfortable, very manageable…..can go out in public, do stuff……2 hits or more of PSD is danger zone unless fully isolated at a beautiful cottage with a few close friends, water front, swimming, beautiful sunny day, bbq, steaks sizzling, cooler packed with ice cold drinks, music…….and no possibilities of interactions with any negative issues, people, authorities, etc.

I take oral Brompton Cocktail daily after work daily 5-10 years and never looses its effects

Although my Methylphenidate (Ritalin) has lost its euphoric magic……..I concur this is due to Gabapentin/Pregabalin as these gabapentinoids reduce the release of dopamine, norepinephrine, substance P, etc. When I started taking Gabapentin I noticed my Ritalin not so pleasurable….I gotta cut the Lyrica & Gabapentin…..Phenibut is ok though

I’m completely lit right now……..no idles what the original post was anymore lol
Hope it

Not a stim but the effects of DXM changed profoundly over time, specially with the use of opiates for some reason. While before I got the typical effects like mood elevation, stimulation and comfy intoxication so would it now just provide me with psychotic features (hearing voices) and no more beneficial effects at all. Don't know why but I used DXM from the age of 17-28 regularly, then began using opioids, bupe, metha and morphine and stuff changed. Even after long time of abstinence I can't use DXM anymore which sucks.

Not a stim but the effects of DXM changed profoundly over time, specially with the use of opiates for some reason. While before I got the typical effects like mood elevation, stimulation and comfy intoxication so would it now just provide me with psychotic features (hearing voices) and no more beneficial effects at all. Don't know why but I used DXM from the age of 17-28 regularly, then began using opioids, bupe, metha and morphine and stuff changed. Even after long time of abstinence I can't use DXM anymore which sucks.
I've used dxm syrup maybe 10 times (all plateau 1 doses). With the syrup I used to get mild psychedelic effects of enhanced music, color and brightness sort of like weed. After many years of non use and trying it again with gel caps (plateau 1 doses) I found it gives very different effects. Now I get a dizzy and nauseated feeling with a mildly dissociative effect rather than psychedelic. Might be syrup is different than gelcaps so I'll have to test the syrup sometime again.

I've used dxm syrup maybe 10 times (all plateau 1 doses). With the syrup I used to get mild psychedelic effects of enhanced music, color and brightness sort of like weed. After many years of non use and trying it again with gel caps (plateau 1 doses) I found it gives very different effects. Now I get a dizzy and nauseated feeling with a mildly dissociative effect rather than psychedelic. Might be syrup is different than gelcaps so I'll have to test the syrup sometime again.
Yeah, I know both effects and think the psychedelic ones come from DXM while the detached dissociative ones are DXO. Of which chemical you get more effects is dependent on absorption speed, food and some other variables I assume. Afaik do both chems, DXM and its metabolite DXO inhibit the same enzymes they are substrates of. I got pronounced psychedelic effects from DXM + enzyme inhibitor (bupropion). When re-dosing one will eventually end up dissociated anyways and I miss this so dearly, having lost DXM is like having lost a dear friend. I know, I know, this is addiction but DXM was magic in my teens and early adult years. I think there's no drug I took more often than low dosage ("plateau 1-2") DXM. But nowadays I just get sedation (as opposed to the stim effect it used to have), and with redosing acoustic hallucinations and paranoia. No more fuzzy warm effects :(