• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drugs counteracting other drugs

Parabolan

Bluelighter
So we know that Naloxone blocks the effects of opioids. Some people believe that SSRI block the effects of MDMA. I believe my Seroquel is killing some of the effects of meth on me.

Do you find that certain drugs kill the buzz of other drugs?

Certainly, and the older and more experienced I become with all types of drugs/medications, I've become more aware of all types of drug interactions.

So we know that Naloxone blocks the effects of opioids. Some people believe that SSRI block the effects of MDMA. I believe my Seroquel is killing some of the effects of meth on me.

They authorities want us on the liquid handcuffs' and on no opiate lists. You cant holiday, associating with friends that still use is near impossible, and the N/A is a church recruitment ploy. It's lonely when your whole life you have been getting high and you stop. I was an addict for 42 years. Even remember sniffing glue and solvent and 8 years old. I didnt know why. It's something I inherited from my family. I've had no kids because of it. I would never suicide. I'm going to die soon enough now I have cirrhosis. I just wish society could realise that when you have communicated with a certain type of personality your whole life that I have nothing in common with straight folk. I find them boring and judgmental. Especially the one who help you for a weekly wage. Just give me what I need to get better, all junkies who are long term know what works. Sorry for laying it on. No religious texts condemn drugs except for the modern Qur'an. I was raised Roman Catholic in war torn Belfast. Drugs were the answer to it. Not god or guns. An old saying says water ,fire and governments have no mercy. I was on drugs including maintenance for 42 years. Don't expect help from government or church. If you have family or non using friends be totally honest. Self medicate if safe. But please don't let government put you in liquid hand cuffs. It ruins the best.

Lyrica (Pregabalin) negates the effects of Diazepam - at least for me. I've wasted so much Diazepam after I had taken my 400mg pregabalin dose via redosing later in the day. Having now switched to Trannex I dont find the same issue, oddly enough.

Yes. Heroin is a strange one in that regard. Meth sits fine with it. Even a cocktail is good but MDMA doesnt. I often felt like I was given naloxone. Obviously alcohol spoils every drug.

I've seen more people drop on that combo more than anything else. Including high benzo. It's hard to bring them around cos the alcohol blocks the naloxone and they pass. Seen it at least 5 times.

I've seen more people drop on tha

Nalaxone blocks heroin but not heroin and booze or heroin and benzos. Just because you drop from a mix doesn't mean you be ok if you're chock full of Xanax or Scotch.

I've seen more people drop on that combo more than anything else. Including high benzo. It's hard to bring them around cos the alcohol blocks the naloxone and they pass. Seen it at least 5 times.

Likewise, however in those cases they we're both alcoholics and they were shooting their dope. I was smoking it and complimenting it with 3-4 beers so the danger of me going over was minimal however I'm not on here to advocate it, I'm just saying I enjoyed it for a time. You're right though, its a big factor in OD's.

I think that coke and alcohol don't mix. One gives you a buzz and wakes you up a bit and dries you out. The other gives you an immediate high and it relaxes you and dries you out. I get so dry that I'm assured a hangover. They seem to mix at first, yet they don't. One cancels the other, I guess.

Edit: or worse, as Parabolan says

Last edited:
I think that coke and alcohol don't mix. One gives you a buzz and wakes you up a bit and dries you out. The other gives you an immediate high and it relaxes you and dries you out. I get so dry that I'm assured a hangover. They seem to mix at first, yet they don't. One cancels the other, I guess.
I actually believe that coke and alcohol turn into a 3rd compound that's supposed to be really bad for you.

The Seroquel 100% will be.
Amphetamines are essentially pro-psychotics as they do the opposite of anti-psychotics.

The Seroquel 100% will be.
Amphetamines are essentially pro-psychotics as they do the opposite of anti-psychotics.
Yeah I have been wondering why meth has less effects on me ever since I started taking Seroquel XR. Same goes for my Dextroamphetamine script.

Maybe I should switch to instant release at night, as I take Abilify during the day.

and also a far worse comedown
Never had that problem. See above.

I'm pretty well always drinking when the coke gets brought out and even in that state I still manage to say no half the time.....that's how much I've let knowledge of cocaethylene scare me straight.

I'm still a degen, but I try.