• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drugs Common Sense

EyeLurk

Bluelighter
I was in here my room wondering what is drug use common sense or common sense. I grew up around drug activity everyday. Is it common sense to say I don’t want to be like that or is it fear of using and I’ll end up like that common sense ?? from me lurking on here for 5 years it’s common knowledge you’ll become addicted and go down the rabbit hole ?? is it common sense to want to know how every drug feels so it’s a good conversation ?? I believe I have a good idea of what’s normal and that is people love doing hardcore drugs ?? but is that common sense to know how to use and be safe ??because it’s a normal in my life that people do hardcore drugs?? am I the rose in the cornfield that needs to be weeded out?? what is common sense ?? I think I’m ruled by fear ??

Are you asking if you should gives drugs a try?
No but I’m wondering ?? when I see and I know other people see what happens why do we do it ?? “it’s common sense no one would willingly do that to themselves” is a type of attitude someone would have for people who use hardcore drugs. But ?? it’s a new user everyday and we KNOW what happens ?? is it because we don’t have common sense or is it normal to use hardcore drugs ?? I’m wondering

There is no common sense when it comes to drugs....but sometimes you NEED them (I'm think prescription drugs here).
My addiction started when I because very ill with acute pancreatitis and they put me on IV morphine and IV Lorazepam (Ativan) every 4 hours for the 3 months I was in hospital. So you don't always choose to start taking them.
Personally, I'd rather die than not be able to take my pills anymore.

The only common sense is Harm Reduction and knowing what you're doing so you can be as safe as possible with them.

There is no common sense when it comes to drugs....but sometimes you NEED them (I'm think prescription drugs here).
My addiction started when I because very ill with acute pancreatitis and they put me on IV morphine and IV Lorazepam (Ativan) every 4 hours for the 3 months I was in hospital. So you don't always choose to start taking them.

The only common sense is Harm Reduction and knowing what you're doing so you can be as safe as possible with them.
I hear that alot about knowing what you’re doing and being safe. It sounds normal ??

this. i've said this so many times i can't count to different people and they don't fully understand if theyre not users themselves (not neccesarily opiate users but users in general)
but common sense would be, "if 5 get me high, i better not take 10 just because i might get really high even if i might die" would be a good example of drug common sense.

this. i've said this so many times i can't count to different people and they don't fully understand if theyre not users themselves (not neccesarily opiate users but users in general)
but common sense would be, "if 5 get me high, i better not take 10 just because i might get really high even if i might die" would be a good example of drug common sense.
? ok I get it ?

It’s just like stereotyping people regarding anything even as users we do it to each other.

When we see someone who’s gone down hill we put them under the “banner” of labeling it as their drug use.

I still have morals and a life outside using so my common sense. I don’t put it first, sometimes I need it first ? but I do my goddamn chores then I can sit down.

For me I’m actually far more motivated and productive in life at the rate I use.

It’s just like stereotyping people regarding anything even as users we do it to each other.

When we see someone who’s gone down hill we put them under the “banner” of labeling it as their drug use.

I still have morals and a life outside using so my common sense. I don’t put it first, sometimes I need it first ? but I do my goddamn chores then I can sit down.

For me I’m actually far more motivated and productive in life at the rate I use.
That’s what I was asking ?? can common sense be how to use or not to use ?? are you saying it works both ways??

Common sense is firstly ill defined and furthermore is it the case that everybody goes against common sense once in a while (balancing on some wobbly construction to change the light bulb instead of getting the ladder from the cellar, etc). Same applies to drugs. It's a suspension of the knowledge of unfavourable odds because of another overriding momentary desire (too lazy to get the fucking ladder).
Also, I'm still not quite sure what you're getting at. Your posts would be more easily readable btw if you'd use normal punctuation marks instead of 2 smileys for every question mark.

??
Common sense is firstly ill defined and furthermore is it the case that everybody goes against common sense once in a while (balancing on some wobbly construction to change the light bulb instead of getting the ladder from the cellar, etc). Same applies to drugs. It's a suspension of the knowledge of unfavourable odds because of another overriding momentary desire (too lazy to get the fucking ladder).
Also, I'm still not quite sure what you're getting at. Your posts would be more easily readable btw if you'd use normal punctuation marks instead of 2 smileys for every question mark.
?? it’s funny alot of y’all don’t understand my questions but you guys are answering very well and giving me more than what I asked for. Yea common sense is poorly defined but you right with the example you gave. It seems common sense is ignored on a daily basis??