• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Drugs are primitive technology

MephedroneCandy

Bluelighter

It is possible to use brain stimulation to stimulate brain regions related to what you want and get high! Like you connect your implant using Bluetooth to your phone and you select what effects you want to simulate like from stimulants, dissociatives etc... and boom you start experiencing them without tolerance nor paying every time nor peripherical side effects. Lol. New frontiers of neuroscientific recreation!

I am sure it is possible. But first: It will cause withdrawal. Drugs don't cause withdrawal, our bodies reaction to them do. If you overstimulate a receptor, body makes more. Stopping that from happening without destroying stuff will be really hard. Another problem possibly: Highs don't just happen in our brain. None of them. They happen all over the body. We concentrate on X receptor, but all those receptors are all over our bodies. And all are very complex, interacting systems...

But the dream happy (something) will probably come (if we keep rollin). It'll be extreme high technology and heavily monetized and not reproducible. And probably extremely dependent forming, but not tolerance building. Somehow.

I have no theories about the future of brain stimulation or other technologies but I'm certain that drugs are primitive. Og ate some overripe berries. Ug ate some shrooms.

Ma Nature has helped us get high since prehistory. I'm pretty old school so I kinda dig that.

In theory people could be genetically modified at the embryo stage to express dreadds. These are receptors that are activated by otherwise inert substances. Placing them in certain circuits could potentially produce more "tunable" highs, but the act of producing people with these receptors in them is quite dystopic.

I am sure it is possible. But first: It will cause withdrawal. Drugs don't cause withdrawal, our bodies reaction to them do. If you overstimulate a receptor, body makes more. Stopping that from happening without destroying stuff will be really hard. Another problem possibly: Highs don't just happen in our brain. None of them. They happen all over the body. We concentrate on X receptor, but all those receptors are all over our bodies. And all are very complex, interacting systems...

But the dream happy (something) will probably come (if we keep rollin). It'll be extreme high technology and heavily monetized and not reproducible. And probably extremely dependent forming, but not tolerance building. Somehow.
Usually the receptors that are not in the CNS are just responsible for nasty side effects like vasoconstriction.

you select what effects you want to simulate like from stimulants, dissociatives etc... and boom you start experiencing them
this assumes that we are aware of certain neural firing patterns (in the right spot of the brain) that correspond to the experiences you listed. we actually have found a good candidate for dissociation, but it's still imperfect. having a remote to select your "drug experience" is a cool idea but personally i'm not convinced it'll be much better than using the drugs themselves