• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

drug to reverse cognitive decline, in days??

Psychedellics like Psilocybin and LSD can reverse cognitive decline and boost regeneration of the imagination and actual physical brain function, when used appropriately.

That is the shortest post I've ever seen you post! :giggle:

The OP wants to live forever. Not get in touch with his dead relatives! :ROFLMAO:
Hi. Well I guess I am suddenly dramatically losing the will to express myself. Times are tough and not getting any easier. To endure the suffering of illness, keep fighting like a long distance swimmer, it takes so much motivation and will.

Focus is paramount for this. I am losing my focus. I hope to regain it of course.

I first need to believe there is something worth focussing on.

For now I just cling to life, but almost only out of duty, less so by will on a daily basis.

Your post naturally stirred up Freddy Mercury's famous Lyrics- "Who wants...."

And more pertinently, "this world has only, one sweet moment, set aside, for us."

Having now suffered way past my endurance level, in such dimming light, this resonates with me so much.

I try to hold hope, but is a hard thing to do when dealing with so much pain and anxiety. I really feel like it is out of my hands to be truthful.

Anyway. Buy some and try some and let us know how you get on. Risk factor is probably on par with the new COVID vaccines! :ROFLMAO:
I think almost anything in this world carries less risk factor than the Trojan Peddled Covid vaccination agenda.

Well there sure does seem to be a lot of literature about it and loads of research.

It's not that new either so far as I can tell i.e. they've just been very quiet about it (since 2016)?

Matter of fact you can buy it from MilliporeSigma (formerly Sigma-Aldrich and owned by Merck) (HPLC grade no less):

Seems to me it's one of those pharmaceuticals that are worth the gamble not? I mean: what's the worst that can happen? You'll either die or you'll live to be 200 years old and with all of your faculties! :ROFLMAO: (Come to think of it: not sure which would be worse) (and just what we need i.e. a drug to ensure longevity).

Anyway. On a slightly more serious note and just at a cursory glance: there's some heavyweight funding behind it and some very legit looking research having being done and published and peer reviewed.

Anyway. Buy some and try some and let us know how you get on. Risk factor is probably on par with the new COVID vaccines! :ROFLMAO:

Have a Happy New Year 3020!

P.S. I'm not a medical professional (thought it prudent to state that lest I get a tongue lashing from a certain forum member around these parts)! ❤️

so you are saying i can just go to milliporesigma website and order it just like that? cool! maybe ill consider trying it then.

Psychedellics like Psilocybin and LSD can reverse cognitive decline and boost regeneration of the imagination and actual physical brain function, when used appropriately.

yeah but they are extremely difficult to source. i try every single day to find them, and so far in the past 2 years of trying to find them regularly, got em only like 7 times. and i have been trying to get em today again with no success! it drives me nuts really

That is the shortest post I've ever seen you post! :giggle:

The OP wants to live forever. Not get in touch with his dead relatives! :ROFLMAO:

who wants to live forever?? yeh, i do feel like im very sad and i think about my dead friends a lot when i do shrooms though. not sure if thats reversing cognitive decline maybe?? i mean we all try to forget sad moments...

dalpat, in regard to longevity and a bit off topic here, but whats your opinion on NAD+ and NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) and all those NAD+ boosters and the huge huge, almost amazing publicity they have gathered over the few years? I should make a specific thread about it, but I am sure it wont earn many replies and it fits well here currently with the topic, i suppose.

dalpat, in regard to longevity and a bit off topic here, but whats your opinion on NAD+ and NR (Nicotinamide Riboside) and all those NAD+ boosters and the huge huge, almost amazing publicity they have gathered over the few years? I should make a specific thread about it, but I am sure it wont earn many replies and it fits well here currently with the topic, i suppose.
Haha... it’s more longevity for people who have had their life expectancy decreased.
Edit:word spelling correction

Last edited:
I assume you meant “decreased” not? I’d think it’d be a bit late once “deceased”? Have not read the article yet though. But I know what an “Axon” is though. How about that one!
Yes it was a typo, corrected.

Below is a partial list of these conditions, based on a recent review by Walter and colleague Mauro Costa-Mattioli of Baylor College of Medicine, which could potentially be treated with an ISR-resetting agent like ISRIB:

• Frontotemporal Dementia
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Age-related Cognitive Decline
  • Multiple Sclerosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Down Syndrome
  • Vanishing White Matter Disorder
  • Prion Disease
If this compound or an analogue of it can actually do anything significant for almost any of these diseases, it will make billions of dollars. But "promising" therapies for neurodegenerative diseases are legion; ones that actually work are extremely rare. I imagine we will find out eventually what basket this compound and its proposed mode of action falls into. That is a long way off.

If this compound or an analogue of it can actually do anything significant for almost any of these diseases, it will make billions of dollars. But "promising" therapies for neurodegenerative diseases are legion; ones that actually work are extremely rare. I imagine we will find out eventually what basket this compound and its proposed mode of action falls into. That is a long way off.
Very good point. The list of diseases it treats is so broad that I don't believe it at all.

Prion disorders? Down syndrome? Alzheimers? Parkinsons? Yeah, fat chance, gimme a break.

All of these are so far intractable problems of humanity. This either works about as well as piracetam (ie within the standard error of the placebo effect) or less well than that. It's mechanism of action is not very well defined at a molecular level.

I read the elife paper and there are really no experiments (they do only observational studies). They suspect that the drug works in parallel to mtor inhibitors (due to inhibition of mRNA production) which worries me about immunosupression (rapamycin has established anti-aging properties but it's also a pretty strong immunosupressant). They show a change of phosphorylation levels of a transcription factor and a translation factor but never once showed causality for any of these things.

I don't think it makes sense to really put too much stock in this drug at the current point. Once a succinct mechanism is proposed and tested, and the drug is trailed in primates I will be interested. Until then its just a bunch of hot air.

Very good point. The list of diseases it treats is so broad that I don't believe it at all.

Prion disorders? Down syndrome? Alzheimers? Parkinsons? Yeah, fat chance, gimme a break.

All of these are so far intractable problems of humanity. This either works about as well as piracetam (ie within the standard error of the placebo effect) or less well than that. It's mechanism of action is not very well defined at a molecular level.

I read the elife paper and there are really no experiments (they do only observational studies). They suspect that the drug works in parallel to mtor inhibitors (due to inhibition of mRNA production) which worries me about immunosupression (rapamycin has established anti-aging properties but it's also a pretty strong immunosupressant). They show a change of phosphorylation levels of a transcription factor and a translation factor but never once showed causality for any of these things.

I don't think it makes sense to really put too much stock in this drug at the current point. Once a succinct mechanism is proposed and tested, and the drug is trailed in primates I will be interested. Until then its just a bunch of hot air.

yeah but by the time it shows huge promise and its finally released onto the market, it will cost A LOT more than now, im sure. Its already expensive as it is, and i can imagine the price going way way up in the future. something along the lines of ketamine being quite cheap at one point in the vet clinics, and now its 1k a dose!
maybe this will be the same situation? who knows, or cares actually. im not too interested in it already as it is. but i just want to remind people to keep watch on this one, and you will see if it goes well accordingly, it will skyrocket in price!
perhaps one idea is to stock up on the raw material now and create supplement business model in the future? but i assume ill get lawsuits because of patents. bah!

No, it probably will not show up on the market because it probably is much less effective in humans than that paper shows in mice.