• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug testing: What defines casual vs heavy/frequent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maya Moksha

Greenlighter
In May, I'll be graduating from university and will have to start looking for jobs. Drug tests are a bit intimidating and was wondering a few things about:

1). When it comes to weed, what differentiates a heavy/frequent versus a casual user? I have begun frequently smoking weed on a near daily basis but only one bowl or so per day; does that mean that detox will be easier and that I don't have to worry very much (in comparison to people who smoke everyday but multiple bowls, joints, etc). If I were to take a break starting sometime during May and then smoke some bowls infrequently, even perhaps 1-2 weeks prior to drug testing, would I likely be fine?

2). I typically do Ketamine 1-2 times per week, is this considered "frequent" to the point where I should cut back once I start looking for jobs? Or for that matter, Ketamine is quickly cut out off your system so hypothetically speaking, I could continue this pattern or at least do a few lines close to a drug test and possibly be fine? What about MXE; does that show up on tests?

3). I do a lot of psychedelics, I like to trip on acid and shrooms or whatever is available on a near weekly basis. However, its my understanding that most drug tests don't test for psychedelics anyway, so I could theoretically trip a day or two before and be fine?

4). Benzos: This is probably the most concerning one to me. I often take benzos prior to sleep, and VERY infrequently for recreational settings. I would say I've been taking at least one form of benzo on a near daily basis for the past couple of months. Mainly, it's been a lot of etizolam and RC benzos, which I've heard mixed results about: I've heard people take etizolam the day before their test and be fine. So I'm guessing try and cut back on all of it, but mainly, keep away from the Xanax and more "obvious" stuff. What's a good window of time to clear out my system?

5). Opiates, I only ever do one high dosage per month or something, it's not like benzos where I take them often. With that in mind, what's the window of time that it takes for an average opiate to clear your system?

6.) I've recently started taking Ambien every once in awhile, but very infrequently. Same deal as the above; if I take one once a month, how long does it stay in your system? And the same goes for Adderrall.

7.) Lastly, when it comes to OTC drugs such as DPH, dramamine, and the like, are those typically tested/observed? I'm guessing DXM could potentially show false positives for Ketamine or PCP

Lastly, I know these are the kinds of questions people ask all the time, but I just wanted to ask them in a more "tailor made" fashion. Any links to this sort of subject matter would be greatly appreciated, and I'm open to altering my habits ot taking a step back temporarily, but I'd rather try and be myseld me while still getting a job.

Sorry, I have to close this as Bluelight does not permit drug testing discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.