• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug testing fail after maximum detenction period

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinumk17

Greenlighter
Hey id like to here some thoughts on something that isnt making sense to me. So im a iv heroin and meth addict have been for a while, and iv been on probation for about a year and a half as welk as methadone for 2 years. So me being the stupid addict i am when i got on methadone i never really stopped using. I have a fast metabolism and methadone in particular seems to effect me different then it does most people. I can still get high from using it just doesnt last as long, and my tolerance is became pretty high by my standards. Anyways i got on probation and i get UA'd at the mdone clinic monthly and they send the results to my p.o so for a long time i got in the cycle of being clean at the beginning of each month, and when i get drug tested use until the month ends. Now before this and during my probation i would get clean results after 5+ days sober, 6 or 7 for meth(usually less but this is how long till it was a sure thing fir me). I had some luck with this minus a few slip ups where i was caught by my p.o but generally i was getting away with it. Until 2 months ago i failed a ua for heroin after being clean for 11 days. Wich was a setback. I wrote it off as an anomaly. Until the next month i was 14 days clean and i showed dirty for heroin again, however i didnt know i failed right away. I ignorantly assumed i would pass and didnt need to check. Now a few days ago i had court to review my case wich was triggerd by the failed ua 2 months ago. I found out that i had failed and was told if im not fully in compliance by the next review hering in 45 days my agreement(i firget what its called but it says if i complete probation the charge will be dropped) would be revoked. Now iv decided to have the clinic ua me more frequantly and im just gonna actually be clean for the rest of my probation "and longer hopefully. But i dont get how i could be failing these tests. Could anyone shed some light on why this might be happening. And sorry for the novel. Any thoughts will be appreciated

This is going to get closed, BL doesn't do UA questions. But there are all sorts of reasons, the most worrying would be liver/renal impairment. But more likely the combo of dugs you are doing are overloading your metabolic enzymes, or you are frequently dehydrated making your body take longer to clear out, or(most likely) you are doing doing extreme amounts which can make it take what seems like an abnormally long time to piss clean. Also remember, drug tests are detecting metabolites of the drug, which can linger far after the drug is gone from your system.

Going by what you've told us, it sounds like your metabolism isn't as fast as you thought. You have the right idea in getting clean for the remainder of your probation. It's not worth losing your freedom over this. I'm closing this as we don't allow drug testing discussion but wish you luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.