• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Drug Test on Legal Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punksamurai

Greenlighter
So this isn’t a question about passing a drug test so I think this is still allowed to be posted but let me know if not. Anyway, I have an old script of hydrocodone (has my name on the bottle etc but is from December 2021). I have an interview for a really good job coming up but I know I’m going to have to pass a drug test. It is almost a guaranteed job as I am overqualified and referred by the hiring manager. My question is could I still take the test without stopping hydrocodone use and still pass since I have a legal script? Like play off that I might piss dirty because of it… or is that blatantly obvious I use opiates and am trying to pull a fast one?

I know to avoid risk I could just cold turkey it… but I’m 1 day CT and I already feel it’s gonna be rough and don’t want to be a hot mess at an interview. Thanks in advance for your opinion or thoughts of how to approach this.

So you have an old valid script ( I'm gonna assume the bottle is empty ) but you still take Vicodin that you get from a different source?

So you will test positive for the hydrocodone and you want to tell the job that the reason is because you took some of the stuff you still had from last December?

Don't see why that wouldn't work. Lots of people ( well I wasn't one of them ) have pills leftover from old scripts so you could say you had taken the last couple of them out of the bottle for a toothache or something.

This is kind of a grey area and you are kind of still asking how to beat a drug test because you are taking it illegally. Whether you buy a friends script or just take some from a family member it's still illegal in the eyes of the law. Your job may.........or may not.......accept a script that is 8 months old. All you can do is try I guess.

That's about all we can really tell you as these kind of questions really can't be answered.

So this isn’t a question about passing a drug test so I think this is still allowed to be posted but let me know if not. Anyway, I have an old script of hydrocodone (has my name on the bottle etc but is from December 2021). I have an interview for a really good job coming up but I know I’m going to have to pass a drug test. It is almost a guaranteed job as I am overqualified and referred by the hiring manager. My question is could I still take the test without stopping hydrocodone use and still pass since I have a legal script? Like play off that I might piss dirty because of it… or is that blatantly obvious I use opiates and am trying to pull a fast one?

I know to avoid risk I could just cold turkey it… but I’m 1 day CT and I already feel it’s gonna be rough and don’t want to be a hot mess at an interview. Thanks in advance for your opinion or thoughts of how to approach this.
Highly dependent on the company. I’d venture to guess that you’d be fine. Disclose it before you give your sample.

I interviewed people as part of a past job. They drug tested. If someone let me and the company know about something I’d make a note about it and it would be ignored. This is a great example of things I made a note to ignore.

Granted that job was in advertising and it really felt like more of a stupid fucking formality. I can see how if you were operating a vehicle it might not be as lenient. Really depends on the position, the company, blah blah.

Im not sure if this is against harm reduction but when i had piss tests i would drink shit loads off watter (probably toxic amounts) and pass negative to weed even tho i smoked 24/48 Hours before test... You just have to drink and piss so much before the test that your piss is basicly watter when you take the test, but its probably real unhealthy since i felt high from drinking so much watter xd (around 3 or 4 litters)

Status
Not open for further replies.