Drug Package Intercepted, help (MERGED)

N

noname9927

A friend of mine was contacted by the police because a package addressed to his apartment (with his phone # linked to it) was intercepted and had drugs in it.

The police called him and he said that he did not know anyone from the area it was sent or anything about the package. They then said that he is currently not in trouble, but that they may try to get a search warrant for his phone. In that case if they find that he was in contact with someone in the area it was sent from he can be charged. He did get the package sent from a friend in that area and was in contact with him via text message.

What should he do/ can he get in trouble?? Thanks for the help.

1. He needs to stop talking to the police immediately.
2. If he can afford to do so, he should hire legal counsel.

The thing is this: anyone can send anything to your house without your knowledge or consent. A prosecutor would have to prove that your friend knowingly arranged to have drugs sent to his house, either through paper records or otherwise--and as you can see at this point such a thing would be an uphill battle.

Being "in contact with someone in the area it was sent from" is such weak evidence that the police are currently trying to get your friend to build a case against himself--something he should not do at any cost.

1. He needs to stop talking to the police immediately.
2. If he can afford to do so, he should hire legal counsel.

Being "in contact with someone in the area it was sent from" is such weak evidence that the police are currently trying to get your friend to build a case against himself--something he should not do at any cost.

Quoted most important truths FTW. Get a lawyer, NO TALKING TO POLICE, and don't make any sketchy phone calls. And if you must make a call use a pay phone AWAY from your house or a pre payed phone that doesnt ask for your name/adress etc. Ya know a throw away phone.

[let's not post about destroying evidence, obstructing justice, etc. -bq]

Then he needs to never answer the door or the phone for police again, ever. Tell them they can speak to his attorney if they have questions. He needs to shut up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
drug advice, help!

(I already tried to post this anonymously, but it was never posted, not sure why?? I think it should go in the other drugs sections)

My friend was contacted by the police because a package addressed to his apartment (with his phone # linked to it) was intercepted and had drugs in it.

The police from the state the package was sent called him and he said that he did not know anyone from the state it was sent from or anything about the package. They then said that he is currently not in trouble, but that they may try to get a search warrant for his phone. In that case if they find that he was in contact with someone in the area it was sent from (a different state) he can be charged. He did get the package sent from a friend in that area and was in contact with him via text message.

What should he do/ can he get in trouble?? Thanks for the help.

[MERGING with current thread on this subject. -bq]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, you probably didn't think it was here because I changed the thread title to something more descriptive. Sorry about that...