View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drug Most Similar to Mescaline?

pr0d1gy

Bluelighter
I recently acquired a quantity of mescaline hcl. Reading some experiences, I've found a surprisingly broad range of descriptions, not to mention most involve extracted mescaline or other forms of processed plant material. It seems these might have some superficial differences than pure mescaline. I am finding myself a bit nervous due to a recent experience on MDA that almost resulted in disaster.

The general consensus seems to be that mescaline is a very safe and gentle drug, neither of which describes MDA. What drug or drugs are good comparisons to mescaline? Phenethylamines are a bit hit and miss for me. I really loved 2C-C, B, and generally liked 2C-T-7. I very much hated 2C-I and all para-alkyl 2Cs.

I'm very curious where mescaline falls in relation to MDX's and the various 2Cs.

Out of the phenethylamines I've tried: 2c-b, 2c-d, 2c-e, 2c-t-2, 2c-t-7, MDMA, I personally find 2c-e to be the most similar to mescaline, but it's still very different too. All of those phenethylamines seem to represent different aspects of Mescaline, which can be seen as their grandaddy. But I found 2c-e to have the most overlap. I found 2c-b to have the least in common with mescaline. It's all very subjective though.

My impressions are:
2C-E is like a technical mescaline
2C-D is like a small, fuzzy, social mescaline
2C-t-2 I can't figure out yet.
2C-T-7 is like a grand, luxurious version of mescaline
2C-B is something very different, maybe party mescaline
MDMA is like just the love, goodness and warmth part of mescaline

I would definitely agree that mescaline is a very gentle drug. Very warm gentle and kind... The comeup can leave me feeling really weak and useless, but after a certain threshold, it re-energizes me with a feeling of radiant goodness. I've never taken it in pure form, only in cactus.

Out of the phenethylamines I've tried: 2c-b, 2c-d, 2c-e, 2c-t-2, 2c-t-7, MDMA, I personally find 2c-e to be the most similar to mescaline, but it's still very different too. All of those phenethylamines seem to represent different aspects of Mescaline, which can be seen as their grandaddy. But I found 2c-e to have the most overlap. I found 2c-b to have the least in common with mescaline. It's all very subjective though.

My impressions are:

I would definitely agree that mescaline is a very gentle drug. Very warm gentle and kind... The comeup can leave me feeling really weak and useless, but after a certain threshold, it re-energizes me with a feeling of radiant goodness. I've never taken it in pure form, only in cactus.

I know this is random, but how many of the psychedelics you just mentioned do you think would be safe to take with an SSRI like Lexapro?? (Not including MDMA which I already know isn't and is pretty ineffective to combine with it).

Thanks

My impressions are:

Thanks for your input! It's very interesting that you describe these various phenethylamines all having some mescaline character. It certainly makes me keen to give it a shot. The comparison to 2C-E is a bit worrying as I found it somewhat dark and very physical. On the other hand, I found it difficult to get the dose right, which should not be so much an issue with mescaline.

Mescaline is closest to 3,4,5 PEAs. 2,4,5- trisubbed things are a whole different beast.

I find 2c-e at 20mg to be a great place to be... It is like LSD 200ug and Mescaline hcl @ 400 to 500mg IMO

The comeup can leave me feeling really weak and useless, but after a certain threshold, it re-energizes me with a feeling of radiant goodness.

That's the case for 2C-E and even some of the DOx series as well ime - you might feel a little sick on the comeup, but once it really kicks in you're in a very blissful world.

Mescaline is closest to 3,4,5 PEAs. 2,4,5- trisubbed things are a whole different beast.

Yes probably, but OP asked:

I'm very curious where mescaline falls in relation to MDX's and the various 2Cs.

Nonetheless, I think we'd all be interested in hearing how the various 3,4,5 PEAs compare to the original, if you care to talk about it?

Sorry but I am still interested in knowing the answer to this question:

How many of the psychedelics you just mentioned do you think would be safe to take with an SSRI like Lexapro?? (Not including MDMA which I already know isn't and is pretty ineffective to combine with it).

I am asking about these substances: 2C-E
2C-D
2C-t-2
2C-T-7
2C-B

Thanks

2C-T-2 I would probably avoid if I was on an SSRI and 2C-T-7 even more so. The rest should be fine.

Having went ahead and tried it, I absolutely that it can't really be well compared to 2,4,5 substituted phens. I think 2C-t-2 does have some similarity to the body high, but none of them replicate the head space at all. I was extraordinarily pleased with it. Thanks for all the input.

I am taking mescaline this week and was under the impression its close sibling to LSD but with more of a native american feel.