• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug leftovers at work...

Having the self discipline not to use something just because its there...

BigTrancer said:
Why?

BigTrancer :)

Good question :)

Probably because I've put that label on myself. Like saying "I always arrive late" becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, I'm convinced "I can't resist drugs". It's an easy way to absolve myself of responsibility.

And because it's not costing me any money or my health (yet), I conveniently ignore the fact I'm aware of that. ;)

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Hmm, this is a big problem of mine :( Pills, speed, money, if it's there it's gotta be consumed.

I've never taken drugs at work, per se, but I've been guilty of the odd bag-scrape on a Wednesday or Thursday night. I'm not proud of that, but it's a difficult mentality to escape from.

I've known many friends that used to treat drugs like this, but once they saw a drug counsellor for a year or two they lost all that kind of behaviour, and can now keep speed or pills (insert drug of choise) in their house for 6 months or more without using them, until the time is 'right' for them, eg. birthdays, NYE, ect.

It is just learned behaviour patterns and they can be changed.

But like you said, it is difficult. Very difficult in my opinion.

Good luck.

En_warp said:
Drugs aren't just for going out clubing, they're for what ever you want to be used for, as long as it doesn't fuck up your work/school or make you act retarded then its alright

word.

Dr. Beat said:
I've known many friends that used to treat drugs like this, but once they saw a drug counsellor for a year or two they lost all that kind of behaviour, and can now keep speed or pills (insert drug of choise) in their house for 6 months or more without using them, until the time is 'right' for them, eg. birthdays, NYE, ect.

It is just learned behaviour patterns and they can be changed.

But like you said, it is difficult. Very difficult in my opinion.

Good luck.

Good point. But is the propensity to that kind of behaviour *entirely* learned? Maybe it is sort of innate too. Let's put it this way; with me, before it was drugs, it was food or money. Wheras my bf can save money, he can also save drugs. Maybe it's a co-incidence, I don't know. But I tend to think it's a personality thing.

If you're an addictive and 'overboard' personality to begin with, changing the destructive pattern in regards to drugs is all the more difficult than someone who isn't. You don't have a 'regulated, cautious' template to go by. Or maybe I'm just self-fulfilling my own prophecy again ;)

geez I can talk bullshit sometimes =D

IMO, all behaviour is learned. It's just easier to behave the way you're used to behaving. All you have to do if you want to change is say to yourself "I'm not going to do that anymore" and mean it. Then you're pretty much sorted.

i can save money !!!???
where have i been saving it, please tell me
i can save when i realy realy want to, but normaly i cant save to save myself
but drugs, yeah i can, except pot usually, thats my one thing if its around, gotta smoke it;)

I'd use it the first chance i got.....
but with me if i have meth its gone the day i buy it unless it is an absolute fuckload.......
i havent had any for a few days..... im in the mood.lol
ive used meth at work, i work part time at a supermarket stacking shelves,
not a very intelectual job..... and i get more done and finish earlier if im fucked....
but hey thats me.
DfI;)