• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug Interactions?

booty119

Greenlighter
Was curious to know, what interactions might I have with a few drugs, if I'm prescribed and take daily, Ziprasidone, Adderall XR, and Neurontin. The drugs I'm mainly looking at for interactions are weed, coke, ecstasy pills, and drinking. Thank you in advance for the responses.

Please forgive me if there is any grammatical errors throughout this post :-]
I'll break it down for you:
--------------------------------
Ziprasidone
+weed: now, this is something someone can't give advice without know why you are taking anti psychotics. If you are bi-polar or suffer from skitzophrenia, then weed can cause irrational decisions or increase paranoia. With this it's more of an issue with you and not the medicine. I'm not here to lecture you, but I'm just saying if you are worried about interactions you probably shouldn't take any drugs that reduce your ability to function or think, it can be dangerous. Everyones different which means interactions could be different. There could be pre existing conditions, conditions you don't even know about, and all this mess.
+cocaine: Long-term treatment with antipsychotic medications alters the regional density of several of the neurotransmitter receptors that mediate cocaine toxicity. They have done this drug interaction with mice and found it increases lethality, I wouldn't do this if you plan on doing a ton or if you have any doubt you will die, just don't take the chance.
+ecstasy: there's not much about this interaction online, but I'm guessing it would maybe raise body temperature which then means you can easily overheat so don't go dancing, and if you do don't do it too intensely and I know it's hard, but try and keep a watch on your body. I know it's hard to do that on ecstasy but if you're heart is going super fast, you start sweating way more than you usually would or you are having trouble breathing, take a break. This goes for all physcially demanding activities on this combo.
+alcohol: This should be ok as long as you drink in moderation. Although I don't think so, there's always the chance that a psychotic episode could occur or repeat.
------------------------------------------
Adderall XR
+weed: Marijuana is generally believed to be safe to consume with Adderall. Those who have tried such a combination report that the euphoric effects of marijuana, including the body high, are added to that of the Adderall. The Adderall seems to cancel out the mental "dumbing" caused by marijuana, and you may feel the body effects of marijuana but your mind will be clear/focused. Safe combo.
+coke: Your heart will hate you. It will beat considerably faster than normal and that means if you overwork in the slightest you run the risk of passing out, or even worse a heart attack. A lot of people do this combo to avoid the coke crash, but in some cases it makes the cocaine almost nonexistent, so that would be a waste in my opinion. If you do take this combo, don't be alone when you do it.
+ecstasy: This is different for everyone. For some people with this combo, it can increase euphoria, but rid ecstasy of the "magic" type feeling, which imo is amazing. Apparently amphetamine overrides that. Some people have reported bad trips from it, but others have reported amazing ones. This is just one of the ones that need personal experience to give advice.
+drinking: Please don't do this. Just don't, if you have ADHD it makes it 100x worse. The stimulant effect can cause students to prolong use resulting in consuming unhealthy amounts of alcohol which has lead to cases of alcohol poisoning. Stimulants in the system can block the depressant effect shutting off the warning signs to a person's body that they may be drinking too much." - I got that quote from healthcenter.com and it summarized it pretty well.
-------------------------------------
Nuerontin
+weed: there's not much info on this. Here's what I found: IIRC, part of cannabis's mechanism of action is due to a depression of GABA signaling in the hippocampus. Administration of a GABA agonist like neurontin could interfere with this process and change the high. TL;DR: there is a chance this can give unwanted and unpleasant effects
+coke: since neurontin affects GABA and cocaine affects dopamine, I doubt anything negative would occur. Safe combo, as long as you aren't doing more coke than you can handle.
+Ecstasy: This drug may already produce some MDMA type feelings, so I guess it would just heighten it. I couldn't find much about it. What I do know though is that if you are taking this drug for seizures do no not skip your dose to take ecstasy. I can imagine a seizure in that state of mind would be the most terrifying thing ever (if you even remember it. Even if you don't, it wouldn't be fun)
+alcohol: I couldn't find much on this either, just some personal experiences. I read that it might actually potentate it and one person said two shots felt like he took 10. Although that isn't a very reliable source, I can imagine that might occur. So small amounts if you want to be safe.
------------------------------------------

I really hope you take the time to read all the shit I wrote. I know these all sound bad, but there has been people mixing this kind of stuff and actually receiving positive effects including increased happiness,euphoria, lightheaded-ness and overall a more enjoyable high. My purpose is just to inform you on the risks you could undergo mixing these things. Please do your research on things like this, it's very important you are aware of what you might do to your body before you do it. Please stay safe, I hope this helped.
Extra Sources that could be of use to you:
http://www.projectknow.com/research/mixing-drugs/

http://learnaboutmarijuanawa.org/factsheets/medications.html

http://uhs.umich.edu/combine

Last edited:
Thanks man, I did read it all, and I'm gonna start slow to see on all of what I choose to maybe do. I read about the mice tests, but from what I saw it was Ziprasidone withdrawals that increased toxicity? Not too sure, coulda just been a separate condition. Again, I'll just start slow with all of them to get a feel, if I even choose to do anything in the future. Was more curious then anything, so thank you

Why are you on ziprazodone do have have bipolar or schizophrenia? Not judging i have suicidal unipolar depression actually and need lithium to keep from going in and out of severe depressive episodes. But the reason i ask is it is very risky to mess around with coke or xtc with bipolar or schizophrenia.

I have both haha, the Ziprasidone is for my Schizoeffective. Had it brought out by getting a meth bomb bean. I've done a lot of yay and a handful of good rolls in the past two years. Not too worried about the cons because I've only felt them from the crank. So far Neurontin has been the best medication I've been put on, for my withdrawals from white girl and meth. My plan is to continue to be clean, but maybe just reward myself at some point in the future if my meds allowed me to, for a drug holiday. Been four months since I've touched yay.

Have you ever had hallucinations or extreme mood changes without drugs being the cause?

Yeah, that's why I'm on the ziprasidone, voices and my mood cycles through the day