• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug inflicted PTSD forced me to fix my life. Now, I want to feel normal again

AnanasBannana

Bluelighter
I wasn't healthy, nor was I very successful in my life or relationship. I smoked, ate a lot of fast food and probably wasn't as good as a partner as I should've been.

Had never felt anxiety. I didn't even understand the concept.

Then, I overdosed on 1 gram of MDMA. Two nights, back to back.

I went to the emergency room, assuming I had moments left to live. (STUPID).

The next few months were tough. I was having ~ten REALLY bad panic attacks a week.

So - over the next year, I got healthy. I stopped taking drugs. I quit smoking. I don't eat much meat, now it's things like Quinoa and Beetroot... and lentils. I exercise four days a week. I'm the healthiest and happiest I've ever been.

But, the drug related anxiety hasn't left me. I can't lie on my left side because the sound of my heartbeat makes me feel like I'm going to die. If I get remotely dehydrated (like I was on that night), I suddenly start panicking.

I have thoughts of death all the time (as in, the assumption that I'm about to die).

I've smoked weed about five times since. Each time, I have terrible panic attacks. LSD affects me similarly. Any drugs at all cause this panic, even when I have something like Phenibut (or Ginkgo, or anything I haven't tried before), I suddenly panicking that maybe I'm allergic and I need to keep taking deep breaths so that I have enough energy to make it to help before I run out of oxygen and die... crazy!!!

My girlfriend (we were both there that night - doing the same stupid thing) has similar issues too.

So, my goals:

1) I want to stop this totally irrational anxiety disorder that I've developed.
2) I want to start taking drugs again - I miss them.

Has anyone been in a similar position? Have any advice for me?

It sounds like you need some counseling. It's hard to deal with ptsd and panic attacks on your own. They have people who specialize in that. Congrats on getting clean!!