• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drug induced anxiety and panic?help please.

kazimircuk

Greenlighter
Hello,in the current year,I have tried acid,25I-NBOME(not 100% sure),ecstasy,amanita muscaria mushrooms.The experiences were very nice,except for the amanita muscaria trip.To be concise,I was feeling weird,had no equilibrium,and talked nonsense,so my mates took me to sleep in my tent.i fell asleep very fast,and ended in a very fucked up dream,in which I forgot I've taken amanitas.I remember I panicked because of the darkness,and tired to get out of my tent,but I was ending in other tents,and It seemed like that would never stop,and it went on and on like this for a while,with different settings.I thought that the world is the product of my imagination,and I will be living in that state for eternity.In my dream,I wished I would die so that it would end,but I couldn't,because I was the source of all that existed.I feel I cannot explain this properly,but it has been the most terrifying experience of my life.When I finally woke up,I was extremely confused,I couldn't tie my shoelaces,and I was still thinking that was I see in front of my face,is a never ending product of my imagination.I was feeling awful,until I found my friends,and that was the confirmation that the world isn't in my head.The next day,I felt a bit confused,but I was fine,I didn't feel like the shrooms affected me whatsoever.In the meanwhile,I've experienced with some drugs mentioned at the top at a music festival.I enjoyed them very much.While we were traveling home from the festival,I(the driver) got into a car accident,in which thankfully,no one was injured.We got home after 10 hours of driving at the speed of 15 mph,because my rear wheels suffered damage.The next days,I felt very depressed,anxious,and had no ambition.As the days passed,I kept on feeling better,until I went camping with my parents.While I was sleeping in my tent,I woke up panicked,and because there were no lights,it was completely dark.I felt crushed,and I immediately wanted to get out of my tent,to be assured that I was living.After a while,I found the entrance of my tent,and became relaxed.I think that it happened to me twice that night.Now,when I think about those moments,I feel like i'm getting panic attacks.Somehow,it resembles the amanita muscaria trip,where I was frightened as hell that the reality didn't exist.Usually,I have no sleeping problems,and I have went camping a lot of times.
I really want to know what your opinion on this matter is,or if there is really a link between what happened and the drugs,or the car accident I was involved in.
Thank you very much.

It sounds to me like you have drug induced PTSD. I've had this, and I can confirm that it does get better with time.

Meditation also helps; you are in control of your mind and the way that you think, so long as you remember that and take control. It's a very important thing to remember. I'm not saying that you can just wish away your anxiety, but you can learn to expose and control the triggers.