• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drug 'cocktails'

abadab

Greenlighter
when i was in the hospital for surgery, i was being dosed with morphine every 2 hours (this was for weeks btw, i had emergency surgery to remove part of my stomach then had complictions, so i was constantly in pain). i was also being given my usual prescriptions that i would take every day before the surgery. so my day would go like this:

IV morphine 2mg/ every 2 hours
IV antinauseant taken with the morphine (zofran alternating with gravol ((Dimenhydrinate)) )

(daily meds w/anxiety dx taken while on morphine) :

.5 mg clonazepam in the morning and in the late afternoon
50mg seroquel x2 a day
15mg of zopiclone at bedtime.

i guess what my question is, is this, i ingest approx 20mg of percocet 3 or 4 times a day. i've read on here that is super dangerous to mix different types of drugs, especially the benzos as they can interfere with breathing.

would i say i have a tolerance to the benzos, sleeping pills and seroquel so adding the percs would't cause me any danger?

i ask this because they were giving me all those drugs in the hospital, with the morphine IV doses, and even though i'm not taking the morphine, is the percocet going to react the same with the other drugs? or is it different and could i harm myself.

Last edited:
i hope that post made sense you guys lol. i'm a bad articulator (is that even a word?) when i'm on percocet.

I'm a little confused. Are you currently take the Percocet or not? If you have just recently gotten out of the hospital then I'm gonna guess you still have a tolerance to the opiates because of the morphine. Also, they probably aren't all being given by the same Doctor right? Do all dr.s involved know about your daily meds?

okay yeah sorry for the confusion. was in the hospital 2 years ago. on all drugs from the same doctor since 2012 for anxiety. got a percocet from same doctor for really bad headaches. i am to take one 5mg pill 3x a day as needed. but i will take 4 pills (20mg). wasn't sure if i should still take my benzos and sleeping pills or if it would cause breathing problems. at the dose of 20mg. i guess the whole story of being in the hospital was a bit unneeded. i'm sorry~ blah!

If all is prescribed to you I would talk to your Dr, both the Psych DR and your PM Doc. I am on a similarl prescribed dose and I make sure I take my Oxy, Seroquel, and Klonpin hours apart before going to sleep. I would be cautious with the Seroquel and the Zop at bedtime. I am not sure how you take your dosage. Best bet talk to Dr's. Don't take all at once then go to sleep. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Good luck, and stay safe.

when i was in the hospital for surgery, i was being dosed with morphine every 2 hours (this was for weeks btw, i had emergency surgery to remove part of my stomach then had complictions, so i was constantly in pain). i was also being given my usual prescriptions that i would take every day before the surgery. so my day would go like this:

IV morphine 2mg/ every 2 hours
IV antinauseant taken with the morphine (zofran alternating with gravol ((Dimenhydrinate)) )

(daily meds w/anxiety dx taken while on morphine) :

.5 mg clonazepam in the morning and in the late afternoon
50mg seroquel x2 a day
15mg of zopiclone at bedtime.

i guess what my question is, is this, i ingest approx 20mg of percocet 3 or 4 times a day. i've read on here that is super dangerous to mix different types of drugs, especially the benzos as they can interfere with breathing.

would i say i have a tolerance to the benzos, sleeping pills and seroquel so adding the percs would't cause me any danger?

i ask this because they were giving me all those drugs in the hospital, with the morphine IV doses, and even though i'm not taking the morphine, is the percocet going to react the same with the other drugs? or is it different and could i harm myself.

If i am understanding your question correctly, the effects will be different with percs rather than morphine, because it is a different drug all together but acts the same, its like amphetamine compaired to meth or hydromorphone compaired to subutex or heroin to fentynol, they all feel similar because they all have the same mode of action and work on the same receptors but have different compounds within them and different conversion rates to morphine. If you know what you are doing and you can match the percs effects/strength to the dose of morphine you had, you should be fine. Be very carefull though, its easy to missjudge your own ability and end up wakeing up in the hospital, start a little lower than you think you should and slowly titrate up every 20-60mins until you are where you want. Hopefully thats the answer to your question.
For myself, i wouldnt want to take that combination. I feel there would be too many gaps in memory and physical/mental dependents.

thanks .... i thought there was a diff between the morphine and oxy, just wasn't sure which way. this site is great for harm reduction!!