• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug Allergy Oxycodone?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
The past few times I’ve taken Oxycodone I’ve noticed that my face has been light flushed red.. as soon as the effects kick in.. I don’t feel no trouble breathing but I’m wondering if I should just stop? I took 5mg today for a sore throat sick and energy.. and to help get some things done but I noticed my face has been flushing every time I take it. Personally would y’all just lay off I’m not addicted.. so withdrawls aren’t an issue but I do have a spare 5mg I was wanting to take soon.

What you are describing is the histamine release that occurs with many opioids. It is a normal and commonly encountered side-effect.

True allergies can occur with opioids, but are pretty rare. Swelling of the lips for instance is often an indicator of allergic reaction to opioids.

Negro to the rescue in the nick of time! Thank you so much! I’m sick throat hurts like hell and my girl about to get off work (with her adhd ass) So ima take as soon as I get a warm shower and throw some damn extra bud into her grinder with her cbd flower so she shuts the fuck up lmao.
What you are describing is the histamine release that occurs with many opioids. It is a normal and commonly encountered side-effect.

True allergies can occur with opioids, but are pretty rare. Swelling of the lips for instance is often an indicator of allergic reaction to opioids.